Rate this Topic

10 votes

[D2/D2G/DX] CM9 Build Thread

• Please log in to reply

MikeDrawback

MikeDrawback

• 12 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:41 AM #891

Although it is buggy, the only wifi tether app I found to work is Barnacle Wifi Tether.

I can also tether with FoxFi but the only with bluetooth DUN. Unfortunately some apps dont recognize the internet connection this way but browsing the web works fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  • 0 Likes

dunvar

dunvar

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:49 AM #892

Tired both of those apps and nothing. I have tried the bluetooth DUN, but will try it out today. I also tried wifi tether w/root and I am not getting any signal out at all.
  • 0 Likes

x13thangelx

x13thangelx

Developer

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:07 AM #893

Thanks for everyone's hard work on this, let me just sat WOW! This works great, I however have 3 issues. I am running D2G - CM9-D2G-08192012 and I have search here and other forum and google, but no answers to fix the issues. So here they are....

1. The wifi connectivity issue, been on multiple ap's and it just shuts off and comes back on.
2. Bluetooth and phone volume is very low even when the volume is maxed. Do I need an audio booster app?
3. This is a big one for me as I need it for my tablets, Wifi tethering is not working. I found the crespo4gtetherfix.zip that is suppose to fix the d2g, but d2g is 3g and 4g and thus most likely why I got the error.

If, I missed a post somewhere, sorry but I must not have type the search right to find that post. Can someone please show me what I need to do to fix the isses?

Thanks,

Ken

1. I think that was determined to be certain types of security causing that.
2. ICS is low compared to GB, if it's not loud enough for you then yes you do need a booster app.
3. This works iirc
  • 0 Likes
Unofficial CM9 builds for: DX, D2, D2G

mightysween

mightysween

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:31 AM #894

I am trying to workaround the codec issues in order to use some apps that use video. The only remaining problem is that the videos turn out in pink and green. This is regardless of the format (3gp or mp4) or bitrate.

The videos are also pink/green when I play them back on another computer, so they are being encoded that way.

Anyone suggest a workaround for this, or am i stuck in pink and green?

Incidentally, the app "lgCamera" does not work for me at any encoder settings...i know some people have had success with it.

Edited by mightysween, 31 December 2012 - 07:03 AM.

• 0 Likes

dunvar

dunvar

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:49 PM #895

I have also tried iirc and no go there either. It shows it is one, but it is not broadcasting. Can someone please tell me where the log files are so I can see what is not work?
  • 0 Likes

oxavelar

oxavelar

• 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 AM #896

(I went ahead and compiled the D2 build too, since I was doing this for the Droid X),

New build: CM9-D2-01032013.zip
MD5:
e0aa070f9032f6ff458c997275e66ffb

Since HW acceleration adds such an overhead for our 512MiB RAM locked bootloader device, with some minor patches back to the framework and with the help of the tool called HwaSettings.apk we now have back the blacklist option back on this ROM.

The use of HWA increases memory consumption and resources for each application is launched, so blacklisting a lot of applications such as MMS, Phone, Contacts and such you can be in balance with the best that the Droid X will have with the limited resources and without zRAM.

By default on first boot everything is whitelisted, which I do not recommend -- so go and open HwaSettings.apk. Once you only leave a select apps to HWA you will see the Droid X limited resources be maximized -- no more initial scrolling lag or slow app loading.

Posted Image
  • 7 Likes

Dark Cricket

Dark Cricket

Creepy Droid

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:11 AM #897

Tnks so much, it's possible compile for D2G, please?

Enviado desde mi DROID2 Global usando Tapatalk 2

• 0 Likes

oxavelar

oxavelar

• 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:11 PM #898

Tnks so much, it's possible compile for D2G, please?

Will try, btw -- did anyone try this D2 build? I just wanna be sure it compiled fine and it works.
  • 2 Likes

Dark Cricket

Dark Cricket

Creepy Droid

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:21 PM #899

Tnks so much, I can help with D2G, I'm a good guinea pig Lol ...

Edited by Dark Cricket, 03 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

• 0 Likes

Dark Cricket

Dark Cricket

Creepy Droid

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:15 AM #900

New build for D2G: http://haxr.org/omar...2G-01032013.zip

Since HW acceleration adds such an overhead for our 512MiB RAM locked bootloader device, with some minor patches back to the framework and with the help of the tool called HwaSettings.apk we now have back the blacklist option back on this ROM.

The use of HWA increases memory consumption and resources for each application is launched, so blacklisting a lot of applications such as MMS, Phone, Contacts and such you can be in balance with the best that the Droid2we will have with the limited resources and without zRAM.

By default on first boot everything is whitelisted, which I do not recommend -- so go and open HwaSettings.apk. Once you only leave a select apps to HWA you will see the Droid2we limited resources be maximized -- no more initial scrolling lag or slow app loading.

IMPORTANT: When you start, tell them com.android.phone FC, ​​you must enable data toggle, pressing a few seconds, in network settings, must choose CDMA or GSM. This work is oxavelar, all credit goes to him, please try and report any issues, I will ask some adjustments to the GSM signal. If you find any improvement to implement in this edition, please report.

Posted Image

Edited by Dark Cricket, 04 January 2013 - 11:16 AM.

• 5 Likes