1 votes

finally! ICS leak for droid bionic!

• Please log in to reply

juicy

juicy

Super User

• 344 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:57 AM #21

As he said it, I would assume setcpu will now recognize 1.2ghz as a stop point instead of just 1ghz. Any reports on battery life? Im totally flashing this later

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

skyroket

skyroket

• 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:26 AM #22

Can someone explain why we don't use Bittorrent to get these files around? Are they really going to come after your IP address for a leak? I've got a torrent ready to rock, but if I'm overlooking something, I won't post it.
  • 0 Likes

sonofskywalker3

sonofskywalker3

Android Apprentice

• 105 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:35 AM #23

It does automatically set the max clockspeed to 1200mhz, no OC program needed.

Also I believe I can shed some light on the lapdock/webtop issues. No matter what I do I cannot get System UI to stop force closing if I am on the launcher when I open the lapdock screen. If I am on another program (startup wizard, play store, quickoffice, netflix, etc.) it works fine, right up until I hit the "Home" key, when it immediatly starts FCing again. I was able to remedy this by installing a 3'rd party launcher from the play store, in this case Apex launcher, and setting it as the default. This way I was able to bypass the stock blur launcher which was causing the FC issues, and now the lapdock works perfect.

TL:DR
If you're getting FC's with the Lapdock, Install apex Launcher. Problem solved.
  • 1 Likes
If you like my work, please consider donating. Thanks.
Email: Sonofskywalker3@gmail.com
Twitter: Sonofskywalker3

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:45 AM #24

I don't know about you guys, but it downloaded in about 3-4 minutes over 4g

Does it wipe internal sd card? Data? How to keep root?

• 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

fastpakr

fastpakr

• 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:12 PM #25

Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper while on .905 and make a root backup. After the upgrade, launch the app again and restore root from there. Quick and painless.

On the install I did, everything seemed to stick on the internal card. Apps were kept, text messages, etc. I'd still backup to be safe, but you probably won't have to use it.
  • 1 Likes

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:18 PM #26

I keep getting logwrapper errors while validating the system partition. This is part of CWR Bootstrap, but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it.

I know that there's a symlink made during bootstrap concerning it, just don't remember what I need to manually change back. Anyone have a tip?

• 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:35 PM #27

Nevermind. Found it.

Uninstall Bootstrap app first!!
Delete /system/bin/hijack
Delete /system/bin/logwrapper
Rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper

I KNEW it was something simple, I was just brain farting

Has anyone bootstrapped the ICS build? I'm rebooting from flashing the zip now. Hope there's eventually a way to FXZ to ICS
  • 0 Likes

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:41 PM #28

Omg, nerdgasm

• 1 Likes

fastpakr

fastpakr

• 69 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:49 PM #29

Yeah, I don't think the guy whose phone I switched over was nearly as excited about it as I was.
  • 0 Likes

freddy0872

freddy0872

Cyborg

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:08 PM #30

so is there any luck in flashing in safestrap? if so would safe side be the only way to flash the leak? I know your not able to have 2 stock images running in safestrap. Safe&nonSafe. one must be stock then on safe side should be non stock. (a custom rom) i really want to give this a go but want to make sure as to where or how to put it if i were to use safe strap.
  • 0 Likes
Sent from either my Iced out Bionic, Or my PC

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY or IF YOU FIND SOMETHING USEFUL PLEASE THANK ME AND LIKE MY POST :-)
Or you could buy me a beer Here! :-)