Android OS Forum banner

finally! ICS leak for droid bionic!

15K views 94 replies 36 participants last post by  kgbrown247 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
looks like someone found a ics leak for the bionic! unlike the engineering build before this one, this one is fully flashable with kernel and all

edit: oops sorry, guess i should've linked: source

See less See more
#8 ·
Im going to try it. What's to lose? Just make a TiBu and android. If u get stuck or wanna go back to gb flash ur nandroid. If it fails fxz it then restore nandroid. Im trying it as soon as vacation is over! don't got my desktop with me and the 93 degree beach is to relaxing.
Post if u do try tho. At latest I am going to late tomorrow

#11 ·
Also, Nandroid, not gonna happen. Same as FXZ, the kernel is locked down, can't be backed up and restored, so if you try to flash a GB backup it won't boot cause it's running the ICS kernel. That said, i'm going for it, caution to the wind. I'll let you know what it's like on the other side =)

#12 ·
I can't check it out until later, so I am living vicariously through you guys who can and will try it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#19 ·
Ok, so after lunch, long download time, FXZ back to .902, update to .905, I have just finished flashing the update. It is booting for the first time as I'm typing this.

First boot the "Dual Core" screen was up for just long enough to make me a little nervous, but then the bootanimation started, nothing new there.

Ok, got the "Android is upgrading" box. The suspense is killing me!!

New lock screen is very cool. shows a key orb in the middle and when you touch it you can drag it one of four directions to select unlock, messaging, camera, or phone.This version of blur is closer to stock, with widgets in the app drawer, and horizontal list. Fully bloated release btw.

It's running really well. Camera and video camera are better than ever. Faster to pull up, focus is more responsive and smarter. It includes the smart actions app, which is nice. Includes what appears to be stock ics keyboard and swype, as well as a "google voice typing" option.

Per about phone this is version 4.0.4 build 6.7.2_223. It includes some interesting developer options too.

I've been using it for about 15 minutes now and not a single issue, no force closes, no freezes, no slowdowns, and best of all, no data drops! It's been on 4GLTE the whole time, downloading apps, updates, email, etc.

Netflix works great, seems to load even faster, but i may just have rose colored glasses here.

Also as has been stated before, this does overclock the processor to 1.2ghz, per setcpu. Webtop 3.0 is included and it looks way better than the original. It causes system UI to crash, so I'm going to have to find out why that is... I'm using the $50 bionic lapdock btw.

Second bootup is much faster than the first, and much faster than with GB. This changed my phone from great to amazing, seriously. I'm so excited.

TL:DR

This is the best thing I have ever done to my phone!! I will post if anything goes wrong, but so far I'm so happy!!

#23 ·
It does automatically set the max clockspeed to 1200mhz, no OC program needed.

Also I believe I can shed some light on the lapdock/webtop issues. No matter what I do I cannot get System UI to stop force closing if I am on the launcher when I open the lapdock screen. If I am on another program (startup wizard, play store, quickoffice, netflix, etc.) it works fine, right up until I hit the "Home" key, when it immediatly starts FCing again. I was able to remedy this by installing a 3'rd party launcher from the play store, in this case Apex launcher, and setting it as the default. This way I was able to bypass the stock blur launcher which was causing the FC issues, and now the lapdock works perfect.

TL:DR
If you're getting FC's with the Lapdock, Install apex Launcher. Problem solved.

#24 ·
I don't know about you guys, but it downloaded in about 3-4 minutes over 4g

Does it wipe internal sd card? Data? How to keep root?

#25 ·
Install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper while on .905 and make a root backup. After the upgrade, launch the app again and restore root from there. Quick and painless.

On the install I did, everything seemed to stick on the internal card. Apps were kept, text messages, etc. I'd still backup to be safe, but you probably won't have to use it.

#26 ·
I keep getting logwrapper errors while validating the system partition. This is part of CWR Bootstrap, but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it.

I know that there's a symlink made during bootstrap concerning it, just don't remember what I need to manually change back. Anyone have a tip?

#27 ·
Nevermind. Found it.

Uninstall Bootstrap app first!!
Delete /system/bin/hijack
Delete /system/bin/logwrapper
Rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper

I KNEW it was something simple, I was just brain farting

Has anyone bootstrapped the ICS build? I'm rebooting from flashing the zip now. Hope there's eventually a way to FXZ to ICS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.