19K views 79 replies 30 participants last post by  icebear 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: Script

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Since most devs have a way to configure the settings in their kernel, Sonic and I decided to make our own way, and we chose scripts as that way.

Features:
  • SmartReflex Toggle
  • Wifi LowLatency Toggle
  • Governor toggle
  • Overclocking
  • Color Offset changing
  • Omap DSS changing
  • Color Multipliers changing
  • BLX Toggle
  • Touchwake toggle and configuration
  • Sound Control
  • GPU Overclock
  • Fastcharge Toggle
  • HotPlug Toggle
  • Plethora of init.d tweaks for a faster experience
  • All of these settings can be enabled on boot
These scripts will work with ALL kernels, but it was designed around PopcornKernel, so naturally, there may be some incompatibilities. As new features are added into Popcornkernel, new features will be added to the script.

I also want to give a shout-out to DSIXDA, because our menu styling was inspired by his menus in his kitchen....
And a big thanks to jakebites, because our implementation of setting on boot was inspired b his lktweaks

NOTE: In 11.2 onward, these scripts are NOT bundled with the kernel. This is the ONLY place where you can get them.

Download: http://mirror.androi...cripts_v1.5.zip

See less See more
#17 ·
Well, your method was pretty clever. I was thinking about replacing lines, but I was gonna make a whole conf file instead of put the variables directly in the init.d script :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

#23 ·
i flashed this script a little while ago and for some reason the govenor setting won't stick even after i set it to boot. for now i'm using rom control in AOKP M5.

i do have the glados, franco and nstools apps on my phone but none of them have interfered with leankerneltweaks so i don't know what might be preventing my govenor from changing from pegasusq to interactive once i reboot. and i make sure i clear data for those apps when i'm not using leankernel and i made sure they were before i flashed popcornkernel.

#39 ·
Pardon my ignorance, but I'm trying to learn how to use kernels etc. I installed these scripts along with the Bieber kernel and which I am running as far as I know - in TE I typed SU popcorn and granted access... But I can't for the life of me figure out where all these "toggles" are...?? Thanks for everything! Anxious to see what's in store now that I've come out of hiding under this rock.

#40 ·
Well first off, it's called PopcornKernel, not Bieber kernel (The Justin Bieber was a joke because Jelly bean = jb = Justin Bieber)

to start, you should go into terminal emulator, and type (and press enter after each command)
Code:
<br />
su<br />
then (separate command)
Code:
<br />
popcorn<br />
You should then get a menu display with a bunch of different options allowing you to control the kernel settings. To navigate the menu, just type the number or letter for the menu option you want and press enter

#44 ·
There is a known issue that something in JB changed from ICS. The system will revert any changes to the CPU sysfs values after a few minutes or anytime the screen is turned off. The only way to avoid this is to change the permissions of the affected files to read only (0444) so that the system can't revert them. This is an issue with apps like SetCPU and NoFrills as well.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Reactions: hazard209
#51 ·
Maybe the same issue from ICS is still present. I have all but eliminated that issue by clearing the app data for download manager each morning on a schedule in titanium. Haven't had the issue since I set that up.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

#57 · (Edited by Moderator)
Governor setting change not sticking on reboot. Tried to change to PegasusQ from the default Aggressive. Running Liquid 1.5. No other kernel apps installed and Liquid settings are NOT set to apply on boot. Any ideas?

Edit: same for AOKP B40. Also tried to switch to Gually but after reboot it applies aggressiveX

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.