• 175 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:56 PM #41

How do you remove this?
  • 0 Likes

Apaca1ypse

Apaca1ypse

Android Beginner

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:47 PM #42

lso, another question to run by you guys: We are thinking of making premium scripts (you purchase a downloader from the market, and then d/l the scripts from there). Yay or nay?

Hell yay!!!

Edited by Apaca1ypse, 28 June 2012 - 06:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:51 PM #43

Also having troubles with setting sticking at boot. Vanir Jelly Bean v5 with the packaged kernel.
  • 0 Likes

Device: Nexus 4
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: Latest Faux Kernel

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:05 PM #44

Also having troubles with setting sticking at boot. Vanir Jelly Bean v5 with the packaged kernel.

There is a known issue that something in JB changed from ICS. The system will revert any changes to the CPU sysfs values after a few minutes or anytime the screen is turned off. The only way to avoid this is to change the permissions of the affected files to read only (0444) so that the system can't revert them. This is an issue with apps like SetCPU and NoFrills as well.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.
  • 1 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:22 PM #45

There is a known issue that something in JB changed from ICS. The system will revert any changes to the CPU sysfs values after a few minutes or anytime the screen is turned off. The only way to avoid this is to change the permissions of the affected files to read only (0444) so that the system can't revert them. This is an issue with apps like SetCPU and NoFrills as well.

Well damn.. That sucks.
  • 0 Likes

abqnm

abqnm

Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:27 PM #46

Well damn.. That sucks.

I had to write my own script to do it but the rom I am using (Jelly Belly 1.3 by jakeday) doesn't have init.d support just yet so I just turned it into a shell script that I manually run after boot. I have emailed the devs for SetCPU and NoFrills to ask them to update how they set the CPU values so hopefully they will be updated soon.

The devs here for popcorn scripts should be able to make the necessary changes pretty easily as well. If you are good with scripts you can edit the script yourself to make it work by adding chmod 0444 for each of the files at the end of the script.

• 0 Likes

If you want to be sure I see your reply, please actually use the QUOTE button as I may not always be subscribed to the thread.

HTC One GPE & Verizon Galaxy S3 (Left Verizon, so it is just a media device now)

Too many old Androids to list...

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-

solongthemer

solongthemer

Deleted

• 895 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:44 PM #47

So none of these tweaks stick at boot? Not a big deal just curious. Ill just never reboot! Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

hazard209

hazard209

Tweaker

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:08 PM #48

I had to write my own script to do it but the rom I am using (Jelly Belly 1.3 by jakeday) doesn't have init.d support just yet so I just turned it into a shell script that I manually run after boot. I have emailed the devs for SetCPU and NoFrills to ask them to update how they set the CPU values so hopefully they will be updated soon.

The devs here for popcorn scripts should be able to make the necessary changes pretty easily as well. If you are good with scripts you can edit the script yourself to make it work by adding chmod 0444 for each of the files at the end of the script.

I am good enough with them to do that. I'm just lazy. Lol. Also in the process of flashing Jelly Belly. I've just been trying different ROMs/kernels out and getting back into crack flashing.
  • 0 Likes

solongthemer

solongthemer

Deleted

• 895 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:13 PM #49

Hmmm.. keep getting download unsuccessful :(

• 0 Likes

solongthemer

solongthemer

Deleted

• 895 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:16 PM #50

Wierd.. downloaded dolphin browser and then downloaded this script thru it no probs.. wtf jelly bean browser?

• 0 Likes