1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[POLL] Dark Edge Re-Release/Update?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Do you want Dark Edge UI back (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Dark Edge UI back

1. Yes (42 votes [89.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.36%

2. No (5 votes [10.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OP destinydmm

destinydmm

Android Intermediate/Dock-in-Training

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:33 PM #1

darkedge13-150x150.png darkedge13-150x150.png darkedge12-150x150.png darkedge11-150x150.png darkedge10-150x150.png darkedge8.png darkedge6.png darkedge4-150x150.png

screenshots here ---> DarkEdge Gallery
Original thread: http://www.droidforu...e-ui-2-2-a.html

Many moons ago a phone called the Droid was released by Verizon & Motorola. It had so much hype and love behind it because of what it meant for smartphones & Android. The ability to root and theme and customize your phone. Open Source at its finest - code being shared and posted left and right. All the things that this little robot could do was discovered seemingly for the first time. Along with that CM blew up - everything was getting Android 2.0 - Eclair. Then some guy named REALigion mocked up the beautiful minimalist theme. Looking for help with the coding. So here came XEUDOXUS to help out. AND DARK EDGE UI was born. A great themer Koveleski a.k.a. KovDev also joined the bunch. And many others helping and providing support. It had an amazing run, updated colors, masses of icons, wallpapers, etc. And then just like that everything stopped.........................

Last word was from Koveleski in March about it possibly starting up again. But other than that nothing.

Now we have ICS and the Galaxy Nexus and many other devices released or yet to be released. All are looking more and more promising to open the gates once again the the community. We have CM9 and (my personal fav) AOKP, MIUI, and so many more great ROMs with great dev teams. One common thing that many of them share is the abilty to use the Theme Manager. I am asking all of you to cast your vote and show you love for an amazing theme!!! Show the DE team that you still want and love their work and want to see it revitalized again!!!

I am hoping that they will jump back into DE again and update the wallpapers (some Unicorn on DE action *giggidy*), update the icons, widgets, checkboxes, everything. I want them to go deep into the UI and change as much as they can again. To touch the very core of Android and rock it once again. I hope my words do not fall on deaf ears and that through many of us our cries will be heard through the forums and Dark Edge rises once again!!!

Thank you to Xeudoxus, REALigion, Koveleski, Anondrian, MAD Industries, Newton122189, Frost, HybridTracer, RobbieCrash, and many more for their fantastic work and here is to seeing Dark Edge again.

Attached Thumbnails

• threadheader.png

Edited by destinydmm, 21 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

• 1 Likes
If I helped you in anyway Thank me!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Lets get more Cloud storage together from Copy dot com!!

blaineevans

blaineevans

su

• 2,292 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:49 AM #2

Screenshots might help a bit, I had never heard of DarkEdge.

Posted Image

It's not bad, would definitely need some updates to be ICS'ish.

Edited by blaineevans, 12 June 2012 - 06:49 AM.

• 1 Likes

rycheme

rycheme

Teh Awesomezors

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:56 PM #3

Yes, yes, yes.l!
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

Donate to Team Liquid : http://goo.gl/so2Zx

Zomb!e

Zomb!e

Rocket Sauce

• 143 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:57 PM #4

I would absolutely LOVE for DarkEdge to be resurrected. It was the best! I really hope they consider bringing it back. I miss it.
  • 0 Likes

xeudoxus

xeudoxus

Developer

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:56 PM #5

Wow this was a nice theme, I cannot believe I never heard of it. ;)

My time is limited now-a-days but let me know what a good phone/rom would be to get it ported/redesigned and ill make it happen. I cannot promise a time frame but I agree it needs to be brought back to life.

-Matt
  • 5 Likes

justen7723

justen7723

Android Lover

• 201 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:59 PM #6

+1
  • 0 Likes

OP destinydmm

destinydmm

Android Intermediate/Dock-in-Training

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:10 AM #7

Wow this was a nice theme, I cannot believe I never heard of it. ;)

My time is limited now-a-days but let me know what a good phone/rom would be to get it ported/redesigned and ill make it happen. I cannot promise a time frame but I agree it needs to be brought back to life.

-Matt

Personally I was thinking the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and the AOKP rom. But would a Theme Chooser/Engine apk be easier since porting may not be necessary? And it could always be updated as needed (icons, new wallpapers, etc).
  • 0 Likes
If I helped you in anyway Thank me!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Lets get more Cloud storage together from Copy dot com!!

FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Butt Master

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:54 AM #8

Whats nice about DarkEdge is while it is a blacked out type theme it still has some color injected here and there. I'd like to see it come to the Theme Chooser and if possible with some colored Notification bar icons(wifi/battery/BT/signal/text/gmail/etc). There are plenty of blacked out themes but something with colored icons/settings/toggles etc I would purchase in a heartbeat.
  • 2 Likes

RobStemen

RobStemen

Android Apprentice

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:20 AM #9

Shut up and take my money! I would be so excited to see this return, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one.
  • 0 Likes

billjohnson

billjohnson

Android Beginner

• 25 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:21 AM #10

I would pay $10+ for this theme.
  • 0 Likes