- - - - -

[RUU] [Leak] 2.07.605.0

• Please log in to reply

trikotret

trikotret

Android Apprentice

• 83 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:43 PM #81

Does this have root access and a working wifi?
  • 0 Likes

furrito

furrito

Average Android

• 147 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:46 PM #82

I got S-OFF back and flashed the updated kernel from Chingy and all is well. I have root! ;)

How?? I flashed the untouched ruu. I think I lost root access forever. Feeling really stupid now. :(
  • 0 Likes

Jrocker23

Jrocker23

Android Apprentice

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:15 PM #83

Does this have root access and a working wifi?

If you had root, you should have used one of the rooted files not the untouched. It really doesn't matter at this point as all the versions seem to disable root
  • 0 Likes
HTC Droid DNA -Rooted stock
Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv

BootAnimator

BootAnimator

Average Android

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:52 PM #84

I was just looking at the updater-script file and it looks like SU is being deleted before the symlink is being created in /system/xbin, so there's nothing to symlink to.
Not very educated in making these commands from scratch, but that seems like it could be the reason we are losing root.
Anybody else with more knowledge want to chime in on this?
I guess it still doesn't answer the wifi issue though, but I'm going to try a new imoysen kernel and see if it works. The newer GB releases are affected a bit different in regards to wifi so lets see if that works.
I'll report back in a bit with my findings.
  • 0 Likes
aka carlz28
If you're a legit dev, feel free to PM me for ROM mirroring. Tons of space and even more bandwidth!

satseaker

satseaker

Average Android

• 91 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:37 PM #85

I flashed the fixed hboot that is blocked,didnt loose root kept s off,kinda think it would be a good idea to put that hboot on yer phone

sent from my apple 2e+
  • 0 Likes

BootAnimator

BootAnimator

Average Android

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:50 AM #86

Well, this is what I found, and it fully works..wifi AND root! (chingy-MECHA_gingerbread_S_2.07.605.0-debloat-deodex-signed.zip)

The rom.zip contains an error in a filename. /system/bin/sh0 should be /system/bin/sh
I came across this when trying to ADB shell from the command prompt and it told me /sh could not be executed (no such file/directory found)
So, I tried to rename "sh0" to just "sh" using 7-Zip. Would not allow me to change name of file. WTF?!?! So, I deleted it. Extracted the "sh" from Gingeritis 3D, swapped it into this ROM.
Just to be safe, I reflashed the ROM, then, before leaving recovery, I flashed the su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip just to make sure SuperUser was good to go.
Booted back up...voila!!
Wifi works, root is indeed found. SetCPU, Root Explorer, all root apps, etc working just fine.

Hope this helps those who want to use this ROM!
  • 0 Likes
aka carlz28
If you're a legit dev, feel free to PM me for ROM mirroring. Tons of space and even more bandwidth!

scotty85

scotty85

Average Android

• 85 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:34 AM #87

everybody that is allready rooted should flash shadomites hard patched hboot- it will block the flashing of other hboots. if you have that,you can simply flash the untouched ruu,flash your recovery of choice in hboot,(twrp for me),and then flash superuser in recovery. ive been using this one: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=886999 but apparently this one works too: http://androidsu.com/superuser/

last and not least,shadowmites hard patched hboot: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1186022 FYI this is the same hboot that folks who root with the new revolutionary tool are getting.

my "self rooted" ruu is working fine :D

flashing the untouched RUU:
Posted Image

another option would be to simply extract the ruu,delete hboot and recovery,rezip,and flash it that way. your vulnerable 1.04.2000 s-off and current recovery will not be updated,and you can then flash su to become rooted

Edited by scotty85, 18 August 2011 - 03:39 AM.

• 0 Likes

trikotret

trikotret

Android Apprentice

• 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:13 AM #88

My advice to us noobs is to wait for chingy update. Lol
  • 0 Likes

tcpninja

tcpninja

Supporting Member

• 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:40 AM #89

You didnt loose it forever. In fact its even easier to S-OFF and Root now then it ever was. I had it all back in like 5 mins.

FOR ANYONE THAT FLASHED THIS AND LOST S-OFF AND ROOT!

1.) Put your phone in USB Debugging mode. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
2.) Go here and download Revolutionary. http://revolutionary.io/
2.5) Go and download the update from chingy and drop it on your SDCard.
3.) Run Revolutionary and plug in your phone. Set it for "Charge Only"
4.) Follow instructions from Revolutionary software. When it ask if you want to install Clock Work Recovery say yes.

You should now have S-OFF with a custom version of Clock Work Recovery.

5.) Unplug your phone and reboot holding down the "Volume Down" key until you see the bootloader. (White screen with purple banner at top, that says "Revolutionary")
6.) Using the Volume keys scroll down to "Recovery" and press "Power" to select.
7.) You should now be in Recovery. (Black screen with blue text.) Choose "Install zip from SDCard" and flash the update patch from chingy that you had downloaded earlier and saved on your SDCard.
8.) Once the update has been flashed; Reboot the phone and plug it back up to your pc.
9.) Download SuperUser from here: http://downloads.and...-bin-signed.zip and unzip it.
10.) Connect to your phone via adb, you should notice that you now have root ( You will notice a '#' instead of a '$' ). Goto where you extracted SuperUser and push it to "/system/bin/" or "/system/xbin/".
11.) Unhook your phone and goto the Android Market and download the SuperUser app. Once installed your applications will now have Root access.
12.) In the Android Market download a "busybox installer" and install the latest version of busybox.
13.) ????
14.) Profit!
  • 0 Likes

tcpninja

tcpninja

Supporting Member

• 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:42 AM #90

On a side note, has anyone else been getting random reboots lately? I have had two in less then 24 hours since I flashed this. Wasnt it determind that the reboot where caused by the radio?
I might try to flash my radio back.
  • 0 Likes