Rate this Topic

- - - - -

(heimdall)-Advanced-How to debrick hard bricks with no jtag

• Please log in to reply

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:12 PM #1

Hey ladies and gents Figured id teach you how to recover hard bricks without a jtag riff box device.. You will need windows heimdall and or linux :P

When people get bricked eg flashing the wrong boot loaders to the device normally your phone will not respond to commands no fret got the solution

YOU WILL NEED
* heimdall installed eather in linux or windows
* your dead phone the usb cable and the port your origonally installed the driver on as its the port that the driver looks for
* if you have the sgs4g drivers installed dont worry u will still have to install them for windows linux uses usblib 1.0 which is built in so no driver install is nessary
* for windows this is important install the hemidell driver goto the folder where u have it located goto the sub folder run the exe file and then choose all devices pick the samsung composit and hit install driver once thats done

INSTRUCTIONS
1) On bricked device hope theres some battery left hold vol up down and power for about 1-2 mins you can try this with or without battery or with or without charge on battery resualts my very i only tried this on a phone with 80 percent battery.
2) Insert usb you may or may not hear a beep sound if so unplug then immedially plug back in you will get no screen but u will hear a faint beep like a dump dump in windows nothing for linux unless u have sounds for connect tunred on
sometimes u will see a quick flash of light on ur button bars :P any of this means the usb port init'd and ur good to go theres a small portion of the rom that normally does not get overwritten and usually causes usb init (seems that linux seems to init that first)
3) Open your command prompt, in windows you can go to start > run and type in cmd
4a) from your comand propmt navigate to your hemidall folder and type:
make sure the boot and sbl files are in the directory lol
heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin  --secondary-boot sbl.bin
you wont see anything on screen but in 30 seconds or so your phone will boot up and wala
4b) if that command doesnt work for some reason
heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin  --secondary-boot-backup sbl.bin

that will cause the phone to flash the backup copy that it retains to the device even if you do not hear a sound or a faint sound u can check in odin if you have windows before u will see it lights up yellow with no com port which is why u cant odin this

5) wala your phone will once again be alive (providing your flashing the right bootloaders this time)

i have tested this 4 times with my linux box bricked my moms phone (by flashing vibrant bootloaders over sgs 4g ones) and recoverted sucesssfually each time is the only reaon i posted this

Edited by Raverx3x, 17 August 2011 - 12:43 AM.

• 0 Likes

tan

tan

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:03 PM #2

hmm, I tried over and over but couldn't activate USB port. PC just won't recognize the phone. Mine's not bricked though, i got stuck in recovery <3e> and can't go into download mode or charge when off.
  • 0 Likes

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:20 PM #3

make sure to reset ur pc if your pc isnt picking up usb :P also umm recovery (3e) isnt the same lol but if u want help with that ill help
  • 0 Likes

tan

tan

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:07 AM #4

make sure to reset ur pc if your pc isnt picking up usb :P also umm recovery (3e) isnt the same lol but if u want help with that ill help

Is there a way out? No matter what i do, it goes directly to recovery when boots up.
  • 0 Likes

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:48 AM #5

that my friend is a bad flash.. Stick your phone back in download mode and reflash a rom u should be good after :P
  • 0 Likes

hqwarp

hqwarp

Android Beginner

• 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:46 AM #6

I receive:

Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
Failed to detect compatible download-mode device

what to do ?
My S 4GS not turn on... screen completely blank and not a sound
  • 0 Likes

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:48 PM #7

windows or linux and if windows make sure you actaully install the usb drivers for hemidall
  • 0 Likes

hqwarp

hqwarp

Android Beginner

• 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:55 PM #8

windows or linux and if windows make sure you actaully install the usb drivers for hemidall

both.
I install drivers like you wroth on windows, both linux and windows do the same..
  • 0 Likes

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:47 AM #9

remove battery hold vol up down and power for a few mins then insert the usb then after while still holding down those buttons insert battery.. if that dont work ill post directions how to flash it with using the usb port info just kinda long so bear with me lol...
  • 0 Likes

OP Raverx3x

Raverx3x

Developer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:36 AM #10

had some people from xda pst me seems linux has way more sucess with this then windows only 1 person i have heard from has sucessfully done this in windows :P but it does work just might not work in 100 percent of all cases :(
  • 0 Likes