This is a old guide do not use on new devices.
Hey ladies and gents Figured id teach you how to recover hard bricks without a jtag riff box device.. You will need windows heimdall and or linux
When people get bricked eg flashing the wrong boot loaders to the device normally your phone will not respond to commands no fret got the solution
YOU WILL NEED
* heimdall installed eather in linux or windows
* your dead phone the usb cable and the port your origonally installed the driver on as its the port that the driver looks for
* if you have the sgs4g drivers installed dont worry u will still have to install them for windows linux uses usblib 1.0 which is built in so no driver install is nessary
* for windows this is important install the hemidell driver goto the folder where u have it located goto the sub folder run the exe file and then choose all devices pick the samsung composit and hit install driver once thats done
1) On bricked device hope theres some battery left hold vol up down and power for about 1-2 mins you can try this with or without battery or with or without charge on battery resualts my very i only tried this on a phone with 80 percent battery.
2) Insert usb you may or may not hear a beep sound if so unplug then immedially plug back in you will get no screen but u will hear a faint beep like a dump dump in windows nothing for linux unless u have sounds for connect tunred on
sometimes u will see a quick flash of light on ur button bars any of this means the usb port init'd and ur good to go theres a small portion of the rom that normally does not get overwritten and usually causes usb init (seems that linux seems to init that first)
3) Open your command prompt, in windows you can go to start > run and type in cmd
4a) from your comand propmt navigate to your hemidall folder and type:
make sure the boot and sbl files are in the directory lol
heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot sbl.binyou wont see anything on screen but in 30 seconds or so your phone will boot up and wala
4b) if that command doesnt work for some reason
heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot-backup sbl.bin
that will cause the phone to flash the backup copy that it retains to the device even if you do not hear a sound or a faint sound u can check in odin if you have windows before u will see it lights up yellow with no com port which is why u cant odin this
5) wala your phone will once again be alive (providing your flashing the right bootloaders this time)
i have tested this 4 times with my linux box bricked my moms phone (by flashing vibrant bootloaders over sgs 4g ones) and recoverted sucesssfually each time is the only reaon i posted this
THIS IS A OLD GUIDE DO NOT TRY TO USE ON NEW DEVICES.
Sorry for the necro update i have gotten emails from people trying to flash The sgs4g PBL and SBL to other devices if they had a wrong bootloader.... No dont do it... Second google your own device thanks... Mods can please delete this thread would love it.
Edited by Raverx3x, 23 April 2015 - 03:03 PM.