Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Restoring After Updating ROM

• Please log in to reply

OP DanAgain

DanAgain

• 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:34 PM #1

I have my device rooted and am running AOKP 35, but I want to update it to 37. So I backed up everything with TiBu, wiped data, flashed ROM and GApps and rebooted. However, since TiBu is not on the external SD card, I couldn't restore anything I had backed up. I backed up my tablet in CWM before wiping, so I have everything back the way it was, but I'd still like to update. I know this is a total n00b question, but how do I do this properly?
  • 0 Likes

bark777

bark777

• 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:24 PM #2

After you do the backup can the directory be copied/moved to the /mnt/extSdCard or to your PC? Then after the flash, copy/move it back in place just after re-install of your app (TiBu). Just a guess good luck.
  • 1 Likes

OP DanAgain

DanAgain

• 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:25 AM #3

Yeah, that was basically the solution. I initially tried to do this, but had a little trouble. Had to go into TiBu settings, change location of backup folder and then initiate a new backup. Everything is gravy now.
  • 0 Likes

samrw

samrw

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:42 PM #4

before you flash it, move the TitaniumBackup folder to extSdCard and move back to sdcard after you flashed it ,so that you can restore your apps normally, I think it will work~:D

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes