• Please log in to reply

Nandrew

Nandrew

Android Beginner

• 231 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:04 PM #11

CWM worked for me. Could only place my update.zip to /data/media/

Thanks!

Edit: Actually it did push onto sdcard, CWM just didn't see it until after I pushed onto /data/media/
I would suggest that users to MANUALLY reboot recovery after pushing files. But, reboot recovery under advanced settings doesn't work. Just leaves you at ASUS splash screen with nowhere to go accept to hold down power to power off then manually reboot recovery.

Edited by Nandrew, 31 May 2012 - 07:59 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP doktaphex

doktaphex

Noobish Pro!

• 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:07 AM #12

CWM worked for me. Could only place my update.zip to /data/media/

Thanks!

Edit: Actually it did push onto sdcard, CWM just didn't see it until after I pushed onto /data/media/
I would suggest that users to MANUALLY reboot recovery after pushing files. But, reboot recovery under advanced settings doesn't work. Just leaves you at ASUS splash screen with nowhere to go accept to hold down power to power off then manually reboot recovery.

Maybe I should have been clearer, as I always meant to manually reboot, as I know that reboot recovery will not work.

Also, with the CWM thing, thanks for letting me know that it worked. As I said, it is an issue that only happens very rarely, however, it is a possible issue.
  • 1 Likes

jermaine151

jermaine151

Android Ninja!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:09 AM #13

Maybe I should have been clearer, as I always meant to manually reboot, as I know that reboot recovery will not work.

Also, with the CWM thing, thanks for letting me know that it worked. As I said, it is an issue that only happens very rarely, however, it is a possible issue.

Dok, Nandrew had PM'd me complaining that he had the issue where the screenshots wouldn't work. I suggested that he try your script and of course, it fixed his problem. Thanks!
  • 2 Likes

OP doktaphex

doktaphex

Noobish Pro!

• 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:26 AM #14

Dok, Nandrew had PM'd me complaining that he had the issue where the screenshots wouldn't work. I suggested that he try your script and of course, it fixed his problem. Thanks!

Cool, good to know.
  • 0 Likes

Nandrew

Nandrew

Android Beginner

• 231 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:03 AM #15

Yeah a testimonial and why I used the script may serve useful to other users:

For the life of me, I couldn't get screenshots to work. I was wiping data/cache/system then flashing a ROM. No screenshots! The only thing that fixed it was your script doktaphex!

Thanks again Jermaine for the suggestion. Something must have been corrupted on my Prime's files that even a data/cache/system wipe couldn't fix.

Another note to users of this script. I had to flash my recovery again in CWM once I had installed my ROM to be able to use rom manager to download files. Once I powered off my Prime, rebooted into recovery, CWM had a non critical error message because it couldn't find some CWM logfiles. Once you make your first backup, a logfile will be created and these non critical error messages will cease.
  • 1 Likes

OP doktaphex

doktaphex

Noobish Pro!

• 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:05 AM #16

Yeah a testimonial and why I used the script may serve useful to other users:

For the life of me, I couldn't get screenshots to work. I was wiping data/cache/system then flashing a ROM. No screenshots! The only thing that fixed it was your script doktaphex!

Thanks again Jermaine for the suggestion. Something must have been corrupted on my Prime's files that even a data/cache/system wipe couldn't fix.

Another note to users of this script. I had to flash my recovery again in CWM once I had installed my ROM to be able to use rom manager to download files. Once I powered off my Prime, rebooted into recovery, CWM had a non critical error message because it couldn't find some CWM logfiles. Once you make your first backup, a logfile will be created and these non critical error messages will cease.

Good point, I suppose I probably ought to mention this as people may get a little concerned over these messages. Thanks dude.
  • 0 Likes

acdcking12345

acdcking12345

• 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:25 AM #17

I have been trying to get the nerve to try this, but still havent done that yet.

SO I will ask this instead

I know that if I do a wipe so that I can install a new ROM, it leaves the SDcard alone..

What would happen if I copied my data off of the internal memory, and plugged into the tablet to my machine, and just deleted everything out of that directory with the exception of the download folder, since my ROM is there.

Then force it to go directly to the CWM, and flashed the new ROM...Would that allow me to clean that folder out? Or cause issues?
  • 0 Likes

OP doktaphex

doktaphex

Noobish Pro!

• 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:05 AM #18

I have been trying to get the nerve to try this, but still havent done that yet.

SO I will ask this instead

I know that if I do a wipe so that I can install a new ROM, it leaves the SDcard alone..

What would happen if I copied my data off of the internal memory, and plugged into the tablet to my machine, and just deleted everything out of that directory with the exception of the download folder, since my ROM is there.

Then force it to go directly to the CWM, and flashed the new ROM...Would that allow me to clean that folder out? Or cause issues?

In theory it should be fine. As soon as you reboot into any Android ROM, it recreates the folders it needs to on your SD card.

Edited by doktaphex, 01 June 2012 - 11:05 AM.

• 0 Likes

acdcking12345

acdcking12345

• 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:11 AM #19

In theory it should be fine. As soon as you reboot into any Android ROM, it recreates the folders it needs to on your SD card.

I appreciate that. And for the record, I realize that I am taking a lot of your time. So I apologize for that. But lets say I clean out the SDcard directory with the exception of the download directory where my ROM is stored, could I then go into the recovery and which of the advanced stuff can I format without deleting that download folder?

As in system, data, etc...If that makes sense
  • 0 Likes

OP doktaphex

doktaphex

Noobish Pro!

• 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:08 PM #20

I appreciate that. And for the record, I realize that I am taking a lot of your time. So I apologize for that. But lets say I clean out the SDcard directory with the exception of the download directory where my ROM is stored, could I then go into the recovery and which of the advanced stuff can I format without deleting that download folder?

As in system, data, etc...If that makes sense

First of all, there's no need to apologise, second, if you're using TWRP, you don't even have the option to format /data so you needn't worry, just wipe everything. In CWM in advanced format everything EXCEPT for DATA.

The sdcard is a symlink to /data/media. Therefore if you format /data you lose everything on the sdcard.
  • 0 Likes