LTE is such a power hog

• Please log in to reply

OP aaronDroid80

aaronDroid80

Average Android

• 207 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:47 PM #11

^^^ true dat.

Sent from my Tweaked Charge using RootzWiki.
  • 0 Likes

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:46 PM #12

http://www.amazon.co...A/dp/B004WOBMIE

includes second battery for $35, I use mine every day, I hammer the crap out of my device and don't care because there is another fully charged battery waiting on me. It also charges both the spare battery and the battery in the phone simultaneously when docked. It also allows you to plug in a audio cable in the back so when docked my pc speakers are now playing whatever is on my phone so it turns my phone into a multimedia center basically. Win-win

Edited by neyenlives, 28 May 2012 - 04:49 PM.

• 0 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

find me on irc.freenode.net #verizons3

OP aaronDroid80

aaronDroid80

Average Android

• 207 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:20 PM #13

Very nice.

Sent from my Tweaked Charge using RootzWiki.
  • 0 Likes

stueycaster

stueycaster

Average Android

• 262 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:09 PM #14

includes second battery for $35, I use mine every day, I hammer the crap out of my device and don't care because there is another fully charged battery waiting on me. It also charges both the spare battery and the battery in the phone simultaneously when docked. It also allows you to plug in a audio cable in the back so when docked my pc speakers are now playing whatever is on my phone so it turns my phone into a multimedia center basically. Win-win

I got a similar one when I got my phone. I would suggest one to anybody. If your battery is low and you need to go somewhere just slap the other battery in. I use it for my alarm clock while it's charging. I don't worry about battery usage much at all.
  • 0 Likes

droid3r

droid3r

• 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:36 PM #15

I also have one. Sometimes the battery charge wears off so fast that the one i have charging is not 100%

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

HaloLegend98

HaloLegend98

• 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:35 AM #16

I bought this from Verizon about two weeks after I got my Charge (back in August). I used it for a while and it's nice, but then I slapped a case on it because the phone is slick as h***; it was annoying to take the case off every night for this dock. However, when I'm going on long trips I'll take my 2nd battery. It really is good to be able to use a phone without worrying about the drain.

At school I'll typically go through at least two batteries per day; I love listening to Google Music which drains battery like crazy. I'm usually gone from 7 AM to Midnight, so I go through both batteries....

My mom has a GalNex and she uses a nicer dual charging option: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B006GV04G2
I would love this one^ for my charge. The dock is a pain cause you can't use the phone very well while it's charging.

Edited by HaloLegend98, 02 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.

• 0 Likes

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:08 PM #17

I bought this from Verizon about two weeks after I got my Charge (back in August). I used it for a while and it's nice, but then I slapped a case on it because the phone is slick as h***; it was annoying to take the case off every night for this dock. However, when I'm going on long trips I'll take my 2nd battery. It really is good to be able to use a phone without worrying about the drain.

At school I'll typically go through at least two batteries per day; I love listening to Google Music which drains battery like crazy. I'm usually gone from 7 AM to Midnight, so I go through both batteries....

My mom has a GalNex and she uses a nicer dual charging option: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B006GV04G2
I would love this one^ for my charge. The dock is a pain cause you can't use the phone very well while it's charging.

I moved from streaming across Google Music to playing local files on the sdcard with Poweramp for that reason. Yes you are right you cannot have a case on it. I've been using my phone naked since day one without any issues though. No scratches on the screen and only minor scratches on the back. Dropped it several times with no issues whatsoever. Lady tried to sell my wife a screen protector for her new Razr Maxx today. I told the lady I pay $200 for a phone with Gorilla Glass for a reason and that those protectors dont protect anything and only make it more difficult to use the device. What a rip off. Spending top dollar to get Corning Gorilla Glass to spend another $20 to get a useless film to put over it. ...
  • 2 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD

HaloLegend98

HaloLegend98

• 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:50 AM #18

Yeah, they're selling screen covers like crazy. And Gorilla Glass on phones is very easy to replace IF it breaks or damages. The sales lady tried selling my mom a cover for her ipad a few weeks ago. Pfft

The only issue I have is that I can't grip the Charge well; it's too glossy on the back.

• 0 Likes

JihadSquad

JihadSquad

Super User

• 296 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM #19

Yeah, they're selling screen covers like crazy. And Gorilla Glass on phones is very easy to replace IF it breaks or damages. The sales lady tried selling my mom a cover for her ipad a few weeks ago. Pfft

The only issue I have is that I can't grip the Charge well; it's too glossy on the back.

Hey if it's an apple product then you want all the protection you can get.

And the charge slips out of my hand occasionally, from waist-shoulder height on tiles and concrete. I have one slight dent in the metallic bezel.

Edited by JihadSquad, 06 June 2012 - 06:10 PM.

• 0 Likes
I will DIE for our cause!

neyenlives

neyenlives

Average Android

• 334 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:55 PM #20

the Charge was by far one of the most durable phones I have owned. It doesn't feel as solid as say a Motorola, but that has a lot to do with the weight and balance. The Samsung designs all use a plastic housing which can honestly be just as strong as metal when you start talking about filled ABS material. There's more to plastic that most people understand, I work in an industry that uses all sorts of plastics, some filled with other things to make then as strong as metal (depending on the load it is being subjected to). The thing is they take impacts very well by absorbing the kinetic energy and they also have much less mass per volume and therefore there is less inertia and less energy to transfer to begin with. Less weight typically means less damage upon impact. In my experience the Charge was no exception to that rule.

I am excited about my SGSIII because it weighs roughly half an ounce less than my Charge yet has a larger screen despite having not much larger overall dimensions

http://www.phonearen...hones/5126,6330

Edited by neyenlives, 15 June 2012 - 05:59 PM.

• 1 Likes
SGSIII on CM10 as my DD