Recently I have read a few posts that question how to do the switch from CM9 to Classicnerd. I made the reverse switch from Classicnerd to CM9 and used the following steps, which will work going to Classicnerd from CM9. I am still on CM9 and will stay with CyanogenMod, but for those that want to give Classicnerd a spin here you go.
Here are simple instructions:
Disclaimer I am not responsible for bricked, broken or borked TouchPads. Flashing this is YOUR choosing and takes it out of my hands! Happy Flashing!
BEFORE YOU START MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT ROM. This will be used if you want to go back to CM9.
1. Download Classicnerd http://www.mediafire...dlhzbl1izshiiyp onto sdcard.
2. Boot into recovery, CWM or TWRP
3. Wipe dalvik 2x
4. Wipe cache 2x
5. Factory reset 2x (You can do 3-5 one more times just because)
6. Flash moboot cleaner (clears all kernals) Located here http://classictomato...tga_uImages.zip (this is on the cn website)
7. Flash Classicnerd
8. Flash latest gapps http://goo.im/gapps
9. Wipe Cache and Dalvik one more time.
10. Reboot and select Classicnerd. It will take a minute or two to boot but it should work fine.
The moboot cleaner gets rid of the extra kernels and you will only have Classicnerd.
Moboot will not default into Classicnerd but that can be fixed by entering the following lines in terminal emulator:
mount -o rw,remount /boot
echo CyanogenMod > moboot.default
This will set it to default after rebooting. Make sure to follow the entry correctly with the spaces.
To use the file explorer moboot default method:
es file explorer or ROM Toolbox/root files(phone looking icon)/boot/moboot.default(open with text editor)/type Classicnerd/save/reboot TP.
Now you will have Classicnerd.
Remember that we are here for each other, so please pass on any comments, fixes, tweaks and reports so all that are interested in Classicnerd can be up to date.
I would like to thank Leo, Tommytomatoe, Mindsplit and the rest of the Classicnerd Team for giving the TP another option.
Edited by travisross69, 21 May 2012 - 10:08 AM.