How to fix secure element issue on Wallet
1. Start with fresh install of Wallet without opening the app (I started on a fresh ROM install overall but it should be the same)
2. Open build.prop using Root Explorer (or whatever you use to edit it, make a backup first)
3. There are 2 lines where it says “ro.product.manufacturer=samsung” and “ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus”. I changed the “samsung” to “Sony Ericsson” and changed the “Galaxy Nexus” to “LT15i”. No specific reason for this, this is just the model I knew off the top of my head that is a completely different device.
4. Save and Exit. Reboot device.
5. Once booted up, open wallet (this should be the first time you’re opening it since install) and you SHOULD NOT get the secure element error anymore and you SHOULD BE able to get thru set up. However it errored out when adding the Google Card, I assume it will for you too.
6. Exit app, go back to Root Explorer and get the backed up version of build.prop and replace the new one so it is now back to original.
8. Open app info on Wallet and clear data.
9. GOOGLE WALLET SHOULD NOW BE WORKING AGAIN! YOUR GOOGLE CARD SHOULD ADD BACK WITHOUT ISSUES! HOORAY BEER!
*between steps 7 & 8 I may have opened the app once. Try this if above fails
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU! WORKS FOR ME! I AM WHOLE AGAIN!
Edited by davy917, 18 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.