2 votes

[DEV] Enabling CRT ON & OFF Animation in Roms [HOW-TO]

• Please log in to reply

Robobob

Robobob

Average Android

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:22 AM #51

done!

Edited by Robobob, 23 May 2012 - 06:10 AM.

• 0 Likes

shane6374

shane6374

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:13 PM #52

Would someone be able to clarify the last step of the OP? So lost!
  • 0 Likes

adri_360

adri_360

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:42 AM #53

Not working for me, i have a Optimus 3D with GB 2.3.5.

Mix Acura-Samno
  • 0 Likes

shahabazas

shahabazas

Average Android

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:31 PM #54

can anyone help me as if i tried it and got OFF working but when i tried to get the ON working phone stuck on Boot animation so i m attaching the files here if anyone can edit them and provide me the correct file i am using Micromax A75 having Android 2.3.4

Attached Files

• 0 Likes

adri_360

adri_360

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:03 AM #55

can anyone help me as if i tried it and got OFF working but when i tried to get the ON working phone stuck on Boot animation so i m attaching the files here if anyone can edit them and provide me the correct file i am using Micromax A75 having Android 2.3.4

framework-res is bad compile or srvices.jar is bad compile

Mix Acura-Samno
  • 0 Likes

jayjay1o1

jayjay1o1

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:31 PM #56

Umm, Yea, I'm sort of a noob, so will someone sort of break this process down for me?
  • 0 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:23 PM #57

Umm, Yea, I'm sort of a noob, so will someone sort of break this process down for me?

it's broken down pretty good in the op. if you dont understand a step, google it. if you still need help on a particular step, ask here.
  • 0 Likes

1982Strand

1982Strand

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:03 AM #58

To make things easier, you can remove all the ".line xxx" -lines from the smalis. Using the line numbers from the op just gives problems, as they most likey don't match everyone elses. I believe they're built up again automatically when recompiling, so they match the java files. (Not 100% sure how it works though..)
I have been working with MIUI patchrom and have patched tons of smalis, where things got a whole lot easier when removing those ".line xxxx" entries. And no problems when they got removed :) You can find the script (linux) rmline on their github site github.com/Micode, this will do the whole process automatically ;)

I didn't do this mod yet myself, but i'll probably give it a go...

Edited by 1982Strand, 02 December 2012 - 12:04 AM.

• 0 Likes

adizz

adizz

Average Android

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:03 PM #59

There is no /res/values folder in my framework-res.apk.
Stock ICS on pantech p9070. :/
  • 0 Likes

mrznaboya

mrznaboya

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:59 PM #60

Greetings Whitehawkx,

I'm just a noob end-user but I was able to follow your instructions. After I recompiled the services.jar, moved it to /system/framework, made sure permissions are set to rw-r--r-- and rebooted the phone, the CRT ON animation doesn't work, like, it's still the normal ON animation. Any chance you could take a look at the current PowerManagerService.smali and PowerManagerService$BrightnessState.smali and see what's going on?

Million Thanks for the guide, by the way. :)

PowerManagerService.smali http://pastebin.com/2gdtyDUf
PowerManagerService$BrightnessState.smali http://pastebin.com/5u3JyW0E

Just to add:
I believe I've matched all the "access$###" in PowerManagerService$BrightnessState.smali with the ones in PowerManagerService.smali.

Here are all the "access$###" on both files. Looks to me everything matched.
http://pastebin.com/h2YN7k3s

EDIT:
I also noticed that my battery empty estimation dropped down to 14hrs(which is bad) but when I restored my backup it went back 24hrs(which is good :3).

Edited by mrznaboya, 13 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

• 0 Likes