- - - - -

[SBF] Firmware CDMA DROID 2WE A956 Verizon USA Gingebread 2.3.4 version 4.5.629

• Please log in to reply

OP Dark Cricket

Dark Cricket

Creepy Droid

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:21 PM #1

Posted Image

People, through the efforts of the Fimware Team and Pzyduck, we finally have the sbf of 4.5.629 for D2G, this is going to help revive their phones brick, if you already installed the update and tried to return froyo or 4.5.608.

REMEMBER: that if you install this sbf, never, never to return to a previous version, also remember there is no root method for the moment, this only serves to revive brick phones if they had already upgraded to 4.5.629.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, Rootzwiki OR I ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE

Original Gingebread SBF for CDMA DROID 2WE A956 Verizon USA

Android 2.3.4 version 4.5.629

DOWNLOAD

ENJOY.

Edited by Dark Cricket, 11 May 2012 - 02:07 PM.

• 0 Likes

Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno

ヤンデレ

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:58 PM #2

Well, we have had this SBF image for quite some time already:

-rw-r--r--  173083168 Apr 20 06:00 1FF-p3_droid2we_cdma_droid2we-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_D2GA-59-120117-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.rar

Linked to in http://rootzwiki.com...g-root-d2g-629/ for example. Which also provides, despite

REMEMBER: that if you install this sbf, never, never to return to a previous version, also remember there is no root method for the moment, this only serves to revive brick phones if they had already upgraded to 4.5.629.

a way to gain root on 4.5.629.

But yeah, thanks, big news and all that, you're our saviour, blah blah.

Edited by Gasai Yuno, 11 May 2012 - 12:00 AM.

• 1 Likes
▣Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean” with Xperia™ extensions
├── Stock ── Rooted ── Locked bootloader
├── Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps
└── Average speed over LTE: 88.7 Mbps

Jajarem64

Jajarem64

• 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:58 PM #3

You know what really grinds my gears? Everyone can release all the others BUT NOT THE .621 for the D2 Verizon! Such a huge inconvenience.
  • 1 Likes

robertdismonet

robertdismonet

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:17 PM #4

You know what really grinds my gears? Everyone can release all the others BUT NOT THE .621 for the D2 Verizon! Such a huge inconvenience.

seriously though! i searched everyday for maybe three or more hours even on the chinese forums lol. we got to demand it from verizon or what! i payed my bill for another month now for a phone that is bricked. only i would too.. D:
  • 0 Likes

bikedude880

bikedude880

You can haz Developer Status

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:54 PM #5

Read it, my 2 cents...

They don't publically release these file nor do they condone this upgrade/restore method. They cannot be held liable if you screw up their software using unsanctioned process'.

• 1 Likes
Click 'Like' or Donate if you've enjoyed my work and snarky sense of humor.

Droid2 Global: Running Android the way it was meant to, free from the bonds of Motorola software.

Got a problem with my responses? Read this: http://www.catb.org/...ions.html#intro

robertdismonet

robertdismonet

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:36 PM #6

yeah, motorola has got to be one of the worst manufacturers out there.. every phone i've ever had from them, even some of my friends would agree with this, has had problems.. because either the charger port breaks off fast, or something goes wrong internally of the device.. blah blah. it just sucks that they make nice looking devices that they won't give full technical support on to help you as a customer to be happy with your product. always chasing the quick bills, and quick loopholes.
  • 0 Likes

Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno

ヤンデレ

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:56 PM #7

Yeah, considering every single device by Motorola is inherently broken (according to you and others) it's weird how both my Motorola V547 (bought in 2003, still working) and D2G (bought in June 2010, not a single brick happened) have had no issues whatsoever.

Edited by Gasai Yuno, 12 May 2012 - 09:56 PM.

• 6 Likes
▣Sony LT25i “Tsubasa”, Android 4.1.2 “Jelly Bean” with Xperia™ extensions
├── Stock ── Rooted ── Locked bootloader
├── Maximum speed witnessed over LTE: 98.2 Mbps
└── Average speed over LTE: 88.7 Mbps

xnap30

xnap30

Fanatic

• 347 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:56 AM #8

LOL It's true. I have a flip razr from 2004 that I dropped 500x and it still works perfectly. Only thing wrong with it now is that the battery is dead. My droid 2 global has never been bricked yet and I have two of them. Also the droid X I got is running like a champ.

Only thing wrong is user error. Motorola doesn't condone flashing ROMs and messing with it. That's why it has a locked bootloader to prevent people from bricking their devices. You mess with that bootloader and your warranty is voided. Simple as that. You should know the risk you took when you decided to flash or sbf.

This is standard policy for all manufactures. Even HTC, when you unlock the bootloader using their program, you're on your own.
  • 2 Likes
Press the 'Like' button instead of cluttering thread with a "Thanks."

bikedude880

bikedude880

You can haz Developer Status

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:54 AM #9

First: I like how those complaining about the hardware/software only have a few posts.

On topic(ish): I've dropped and thrown it, exposed the thing to water and heat, etc. I've even crashed my bike and landed on it. The only way to break these things is to apply absurd stress on the weak areas (usb/audio plug, hammering buttons, forcefully sliding it open).

On the software side: Except for people who screwed up the 629 update, they are impossible to brick. Not via software updates or by modifying the system partition. Since there's no bootloader or recovery access for us, they'll always be capable of being restored. Most failed updates and SBF's can be attributed to dirty data/cache partitions.
  • 0 Likes
Click 'Like' or Donate if you've enjoyed my work and snarky sense of humor.

Droid2 Global: Running Android the way it was meant to, free from the bonds of Motorola software.

Got a problem with my responses? Read this: http://www.catb.org/...ions.html#intro

silver6054

silver6054

Android Beginner

• 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:59 AM #10

Yeah, considering every single device by Motorola is inherently broken (according to you and others) it's weird how both my Motorola V547 (bought in 2003, still working) and D2G (bought in June 2010, not a single brick happened) have had no issues whatsoever.

You got the D2G that early? For Verizon customers, the release was Nov 2010 (I know you are not a Verizon customer, just wasn't aware it was available to others that much earlier)

Edited by silver6054, 13 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

• 0 Likes