3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[RECOVERY][MOD][1-June-2012] RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

• Please log in to reply

OP smelkus

smelkus

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:53 PM #21

Well finally!! ;) Us 3.11 users had been saying to make the leap from 2.3 for awhile. I'm glad 4.1 did the trick.
  • 0 Likes

ropodope

ropodope

Android Beginner

• 148 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:04 PM #22

Well finally!! ;) Us 3.11 users had been saying to make the leap from 2.3 for awhile. I'm glad 4.1 did the trick.

There's no way I could ever go back to another recovery after putting this on my phone. No way no how.

ropodope

Change, nothin' stays the same. Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'.
  • 1 Likes

MattIrsay

MattIrsay

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:46 PM #23

Yeah I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here now and it's well worth it. Did a bit a flashing today, so I'm really digging the multi-wipe options. Partitioned a new sd card also. Haven't really delved in too deep yet, but soon enough.
  • 0 Likes

wtf911

wtf911

• 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:47 PM #24

Good work! best recovery for the Evo that exists in my opinion :)
  • 1 Likes

OP smelkus

smelkus

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:01 PM #25

OK. I've got v4.2 up. Added the roboto font and changed up the wipe menu a lot. I've added the other two Calkulin's scripts (Clear temp and Superwipe) into the recovery with my two favorite choices remaining at the top: caches and format all.

I made most of these changes based on user feedback. I personally don't think multiple wipes are necessary, but for those of you that like them they're built in. For those who really want to read more about this topic see this post and these white papers: here and here. My take from that is a single wipe, power off to fully discharge and reboot to recovery to flash is probably the best "wipe." I'm too lazy for that, so I will stick to the first two choices for most everything.
  • 2 Likes

atyoung

atyoung

Mason Kernel Guy

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:58 AM #26

Good work on the recovery! But can it make me eggs in the morning? ;)

On topic:

A while back I toyed with the idea of putting PRL updates into the recovery, the idea sits on a white board somewhere collecting dust. Other builtins like radios etc as well, so I didn't have 300 zip files laying around. Food for thought.

And before you say you can't flash prls, I'm going to say, how do you think they do it from sense? ;)

Edited by atyoung, 22 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

• 1 Likes
-=- All your supersonics R belong to us. -=- Freenode @ #masonic
Supersonic ROM: AOKP b38+ KERNEL: Mason SA v1.1
Supersonic ROM: CNC aka (Codename: Christina) v-0.0.19a2 KERNEL: Mason D v-dev46 sbc fso
Galaxy Nexus ROM: AOKP v-b38 KERNEL: Mason NI 0.16d fso

OP smelkus

smelkus

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:08 AM #27

Good work on the recovery! But can it make me eggs in the morning? ;)

On topic:

A while back I toyed with the idea of putting PRL updates into the recovery, the idea sits on a white board somewhere collecting dust. Other builtins like radios etc as well, so I didn't have 300 zip files laying around. Food for thought.

And before you say you can't flash prls, I'm going to say, how do you think they do it from sense? ;)

Nice thought. I'll add it to the list... the list of ever growing, awesome features that will take me forever to figure out. :/ I want more low hanging fruit like the roboto font. That was a slam dunk. hehe. I'll get you the new mason theme too.
  • 0 Likes

HdMsTrTeCh

HdMsTrTeCh

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:28 PM #28

Great Recovery Smelkus! All those wipe options should keep any OCD satisfied!
  • 0 Likes

aheeejd

aheeejd

• 83 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:28 PM #29

Recovery works great Smelkus. I am wondering, I used to flash (after wiping) vr superwipe & then caulkins format all. So just so I'm 100%, the format & the superwipe in your recovery takes the place of the other 2 I mentioned? So I can go ahead & delete super & format flash zips from my sd, is that correct? Thanks, really nice job, & I have all 3 so I can change themes. Posted Image

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

OP smelkus

smelkus

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:37 PM #30

Recovery works great Smelkus. I am wondering, I used to flash (after wiping) vr superwipe & then caulkins format all. So just so I'm 100%, the format & the superwipe in your recovery takes the place of the other 2 I mentioned? So I can go ahead & delete super & format flash zips from my sd, is that correct? Thanks, really nice job, & I have all 3 so I can change themes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

There would be no need to keep the Calkulin Clear Temp, FORMAT ALL or Superwipe with this recovery as the choices in v4.2 are basically the same thing. Although it may be convenient to do everything from the flash menu. That'd be up to you. I deleted mine.

You could just run Superwipe from the Wipe menu once now if you prefer multi-wipes.

Edited by smelkus, 23 May 2012 - 05:38 PM.

• 0 Likes