Rate this Topic

1 votes

How to root your TF300!

• Please log in to reply

OP Firemars

Firemars

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:13 AM #1

Hey guys!
There are two ways to root your TF300. The first one is for a locked bootloader, and the second one is for if your bootloader is unlocked. :)

Locked bootloader:
You must be on Build number 9.4.3.17 (Check at settings -> about tablet). If you have already updated to .26, than you must downgrade. The easiest method is this.

Once you are on .17, you can root your TF300 using the apk file in this thread. Just follow the steps, Now you have root! :)

If you want to update to .26 again and want to keep your root, you must download OTA RootKeeper. This will let you save your root and restore it after you have done the OTA update. Just open the app, follow the steps, and you're good to go = update. Warning: OTA RootKeeper will not work if you manually update your TF300!

Unlocked bootloader:
You first need to flash a recovery. I recommend TeamWin's Recovery Project. ClockworkMod Recovery is of course also a great option.

Once you have either TWRP or CWM, you just have to flash the zip in this post.

Make sure to thank the makers of the apps & methods :)
Cheers

Edited by Firemars, 26 May 2012 - 03:37 AM.

• 2 Likes

wideopn11

wideopn11

Android Rebel Alliance

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:34 AM #2

First!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Nexus 5 on T-mobile, VZW can suck it
LTE Galaxy Nexus w/Google Wallet and no VZW apps

OP Firemars

Firemars

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:35 AM #3

First!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Niiiiccceeeeee :D
  • 0 Likes

das7771

das7771

Android Apprentice

• 31 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:09 AM #4

This worked well for me. However, when I first installed and ran the apk, I kept getting a "no exploit found' message. So I restarted my tab, and still same issue...After I chose the unroot option and then ran the exploit again, all is working well. I am now rooted and ready to start screwing things up....LOL..
  • 0 Likes

OP Firemars

Firemars

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:28 AM #5

This worked well for me. However, when I first installed and ran the apk, I kept getting a "no exploit found' message. So I restarted my tab, and still same issue...After I chose the unroot option and then ran the exploit again, all is working well. I am now rooted and ready to start screwing things up....LOL..

Hmm, didn't get this myself, did anyone else experience this?
  • 0 Likes

wideopn11

wideopn11

Android Rebel Alliance

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:08 AM #6

I think thats normal, just needed to move to step 2 and should be good. Sounds like its working though so call it a win.
  • 0 Likes

NatemZ

NatemZ

Kitten Punter

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:01 PM #7

OK so now I have downgraded, rooted and ran OTA rootkeeper. How do I get back on the OTA now. Checking for updates says no update available. Or am I just being impatient?
  • 0 Likes

Mustang302LX

Mustang302LX

Android Guru

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:18 PM #8

OK so now I have downgraded, rooted and ran OTA rootkeeper. How do I get back on the OTA now. Checking for updates says no update available. Or am I just being impatient?

From Asus unlock tool site which we obviously didn't read lol "and can no longer receive ASUS software updates"
  • 0 Likes

wideopn11

wideopn11

Android Rebel Alliance

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:39 AM #9

If you unlock and install recovery you can flash the root package after manually updating to .29.
  • 1 Likes

NatemZ

NatemZ

Kitten Punter

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:49 AM #10

If you unlock and install recovery you can flash the root package after manually updating to .29.

Yeah thats what I ended up doing. :D
  • 0 Likes