2. 0
  3. 0/5

Detecting OpenScriptRecovery from app

• This topic is locked

OP JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas

java code monkey

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:02 AM #1

I'm looking for a way to programmatically see if an OpenScriptRecovery is present. Dr Macinyasha suggested calling http://developer.and...uild.html#BOARD but that isn't returning a unique value I can use to check against goo.im devs.

Is there any file I can check for or any kind of unique quality recoveries that are compatible with OpenScriptRecovery? The only thing I can see at this point is blindly write the script to
/cache/recovery/openrecoveryscript
then reboot into recovery and hope it worked... but I don't feel like that is a good practice.

so any ideas on how we can detect if a recovery is compatible?
  • 0 Likes

Show Your appreciation by clicking Thanks!

I co-maintain the droid2 branch of CyanogenMod, n00bware founder and lead developer and a developer for AOKP
my icon is custom artwork from ThaPHLASH

OP JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas

java code monkey

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:41 AM #2

if I can get this to work I will happily write up a tutorials on how to interact and parse info from Goo.im's JSON feed and send a script to the OpenRecoveryScript
  • 0 Likes

Show Your appreciation by clicking Thanks!

I co-maintain the droid2 branch of CyanogenMod, n00bware founder and lead developer and a developer for AOKP
my icon is custom artwork from ThaPHLASH

s0up

s0up

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:26 PM #3

You can't detect what recovery is present on the device. You could hypothetically dump_image if you knew the partition and check file signatures, but that is asking for issues. Rom manager simply saves your last recovery install in sharedprefs. Goo bothers you about installing it for your device until you download one and that stores in teh shared prefs.

It is hypothetically possible to programatically detect it, but more trouble than it is worth :P
  • 0 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

DrMacinyasha

DrMacinyasha

Professional Stuff Breaker

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:52 AM #4

You could alternatively look at the /cache/recovery/last log and see what recovery was booted last, but that provides no guarantee, as a recovery may have been flashed since then, or cache might have been wiped, or a dozen other things.
  • 0 Likes

Views expressed do not represent RootzWiki or Goo.im unless explicitly declared as such.
Rules, motherf*cker! Did you read them?