3. 0/5

[Tweaked 2.1]_bag_ Themes

• Please log in to reply

OP _bag_

_bag_

Watman

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:51 PM #1

Hello guys,

I figured I would start a thread for my own theme work instead of posting in ciscogee's thread. Basically, I'm going to be working on making a bit of an amalgamation of his CM7ICS Epic 4G port with other themes. It's probably going to take awhile to get this to a truly complete level, but as I work through stuff (give me a break if it takes awhile, I'm new to this), I'm going to post new versions here.

My main project is what I'm going to dub "Ice Cream Alchemy". It's going to work from the CM7ICS Epic 4G port that ciscogee initially created and then build on top of ztkryan's Core Droid theme for the Droid Charge (see here) and others. I intend to keep the ICS flavor in terms of icons and color scheme, but move towards a generally cleaner/simpler XML base.

Credits:
DroidBlaze, creator of Tweaked ICS
Dwitherell, for being a WSU Graduate student and ROM God
ciscogee, the original themer for the Stratosphere
ztkryan, for CoreDroid
boost192, for ICS Tweakstock
stranula, for Black 'n' Blue/Grey
anyone else I'm forgetting whose work found its way in this theme

(shoot me a PM if I did forget you and I'll add you to the list)

Instructions for installing through Tweaktools:
1. Be sure that you have Terminal Emulator or a similar application installed
2. Start terminal emulator and type in su
3. Type in tweaktools
4. Select the option for Themes on the menu
5. Select the number associated with IceCreamAlchemy
6. Install and enjoy!

[reset]
Resets APKs modified by this theme to their original state.

[R1.3] - Available on Tweaktools!
Mms: Background color of received messages set to a light blue (courtesy of withere2)
Status bar: Updated with a more ICS-style layout
Notifications: Updated with an ICS-style layout
Progress bars: Changed to an ICS-style progress bar
Volume adjustment slider: Changed to an ICS-style slider
Browser: Themed with new icon and some other image changes
Various applications: Notification icon color changed to blue

[R1.2] - Available on Tweaktools!
Changed SMS notification icon color to be blue
Settings updated to have the lockscreen options point to the relevant TSMParts section

[R1.1] - Available on Tweaktools!
Added Accounts & Sync back into Settings

[R1] - Available on Tweaktools!
Some general consistency changes in ClockPackage.apk
First official release

Best regards and feedback welcome,
_BAG_

Edited by _bag_, 16 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.

• 7 Likes
My work flow goes like this : I do stuff, you like it, and then you donate money so I can buy more stuff and do more things.

xsLoWeDx

xsLoWeDx

Android Lover

• 201 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:45 PM #2

theres still green in the dial menu where the contacts button is, and theres green in the messages app at the way bottom and instead of a blk bakkground u should do the ics blue....and please change the color of the font in the messages app... call log has alot of green so does favorites

Edited by xsLoWeDx, 02 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

• 0 Likes
ABN

OP _bag_

_bag_

Watman

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:26 PM #3

theres still green in the dial menu where the contacts button is, and theres green in the messages app at the way bottom and instead of a blk bakkground u should do the ics blue....and please change the color of the font in the messages app... call log has alot of green so does favorites

I'm well aware of these issues. However, I have a new job starting this week, so I don't have infinite time to solve these issues. I'll get to them as I can, and I'm more concerned about addressing immediate concerns (font colors are NOT important right now, getting a more consistent image/xml setup ARE important to me).

By the way, I don't use Messaging/Mms since I have Google voice, so send screenshots of what it looks like now and what you want changed for it. Because it's harder for me to test all my changes when I don't use it.

Edited by _bag_, 02 May 2012 - 08:31 PM.

• 0 Likes
My work flow goes like this : I do stuff, you like it, and then you donate money so I can buy more stuff and do more things.

gus807

gus807

• 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:20 AM #4

New theme looks great, take your time... Thanks for your work!
  • 0 Likes

xsLoWeDx

xsLoWeDx

Android Lover

• 201 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:50 AM #5

I'm well aware of these issues. However, I have a new job starting this week, so I don't have infinite time to solve these issues. I'll get to them as I can, and I'm more concerned about addressing immediate concerns (font colors are NOT important right now, getting a more consistent image/xml setup ARE important to me).

By the way, I don't use Messaging/Mms since I have Google voice, so send screenshots of what it looks like now and what you want changed for it. Because it's harder for me to test all my changes when I don't use it.

Yes sir... I respect that .. I'll try and get the screen shots to you.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by xsLoWeDx, 03 May 2012 - 07:50 AM.

• 0 Likes
ABN

OP _bag_

_bag_

Watman

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:36 AM #6

New beta released. I've been tweaking the images more, but my next release is going to be more about reducing duplicate images and improving the XML in doing so. Also, I'd like for someone to confirm that I nuked the green from Messaging.

[beta03]
Dialer and Contacts updated to be more consistent with overall look.
Mms/Messaging updated, hopefully all green gone? (Someone please confirm)
  • 0 Likes

const37

const37

• 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:55 PM #7

Indeed, Messaging looks cleaned up to me.

This theme is gorgeous on my Strat - in fact, it's put me back to the stock dialer and made the whole experience a treat. I was already using ADW EX with kovdev's ICS icons, but the overhaul to the system UI makes the whole phone sleek instead of lumbering and oafish.

For whenever the future may be: there are a couple of system dialogs (Delete/cancel stuff) that show up as bright white text on bright off-white background. But other than having had to squint twice, see above!

[beta03]
Mms/Messaging updated, hopefully all green gone? (Someone please confirm)

Edited by const37, 06 May 2012 - 10:58 PM.

• 0 Likes

const37

const37

• 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:57 PM #8

removing double

Edited by const37, 06 May 2012 - 10:59 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP _bag_

_bag_

Watman

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:40 AM #9

Indeed, Messaging looks cleaned up to me.

This theme is gorgeous on my Strat - in fact, it's put me back to the stock dialer and made the whole experience a treat. I was already using ADW EX with kovdev's ICS icons, but the overhaul to the system UI makes the whole phone sleek instead of lumbering and oafish.

For whenever the future may be: there are a couple of system dialogs (Delete/cancel stuff) that show up as bright white text on bright off-white background. But other than having had to squint twice, see above!

If you provide screenshots of the dialogs and steps to produce them, I'll look into resolving that by time I release the next beta. UI consistency and less duplication of images/XML are my top priorities right now, so anything that affects either is something I'll definitely look into fixing.
  • 0 Likes

Dead*Star

Dead*Star

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:03 PM #10

Any screen shots of this in action? I don't want to flash it and find out I hate it.
  • 0 Likes