- - - - -

Battery Dead - won't boot past X

• Please log in to reply

OP dest

dest

Flash-a-holic

• 273 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:38 AM #1

So apparently my wife's charger was unplugged from the wall last night and as a result the battery in her pro is dead.

When the phone is plugged in it turns on, but hangs at the red X.

I can get into stock recovery and boot recovery but can't get the phone to actually boot (tried wiping cache just to test).

in boot recovery, it won't let me flash anything because of "Low Battery"

Will the battery charge at all in either on of the stock recoveries? Any other suggestions on how to get enough of a charge to it that it will hopefully boot and/or I can SBF back to stock?

Edit: Phone is currently running Gummy ICS

Edited by dest, 01 May 2012 - 04:38 AM.

• 0 Likes

CM9-D2G development team
Those who can, do
Those who can't, just post w/out searching

bengalvfan

bengalvfan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:26 AM #2

I am having the same problem after a battery went completely dead now and am using gummy ICS as well and did a search and came across this thread for some reason the battery is not charging when the phone is off.

Now the the phone wont boot up to begin to be able to charge the phone.

Any help for us.
  • 0 Likes

OP dest

dest

Flash-a-holic

• 273 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:38 AM #3

What I ended up having to do is take a second USB cable, cut the end off and jumper the battery leads to that so the phone saw the 5volt. Once it booted, I pulled the jumper wire out and it charged like normal.

I know that's not the best way of doing it but it did work and nothing else seemed to be working.

I "believe" that it might actually charge in the stock recovery but it's VERY VERY slow. The phone also seems to require at least a 15-20% charge before it'll boot
  • 1 Likes

CM9-D2G development team
Those who can, do
Those who can't, just post w/out searching

bengalvfan

bengalvfan

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:53 AM #4

I just went to the battery store and got a new battery. (now I have two)

Any idea why this phone does not charge if the battery is completely drained? is it the droid 2 bootloader we had to install in order to get a custom rom on it?
  • 0 Likes