3 votes

AOKP | toroplus | JB | Milestone 1

• Please log in to reply

OP Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Big Baby Jesus

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM #11

[quote name='derekwilkinson' timestamp='1335737788' post='654534']
Service isn't working for me. I don't want to flash another kernel because it always messes up the colors.
[/quote]
Talked with faux and he's pretty sure the issue is the undervolting of his kernel. He gave me a new one with no undervolting and smartflex enabled. I will be compiling a new build soon.
  • 0 Likes

OP Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Big Baby Jesus

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:09 PM #12

OP updated with two new builds. The difference being the kernel.

It seems the undervolting was causing the issues with the first build. The one wit faux's new kernel has undervolting removed and smartflex added. The other build includes a "stock" kernel. Please report back regarding whichever build you are using. Would really appreciate feedback regarding faux's new kernel.
  • 0 Likes

Jnitti24

Jnitti24

Android Beginner

• 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:57 PM #13

OP updated with two new builds. The difference being the kernel.

It seems the undervolting was causing the issues with the first build. The one wit faux's new kernel has undervolting removed and smartflex added. The other build includes a "stock" kernel. Please report back regarding whichever build you are using. Would really appreciate feedback regarding faux's new kernel.

I just flashed the new build with Faux's kernel. I rebooted and there was no service at first but then it came back after like 10 minutes so i rebooted again to see what would happen. No its been over 10 minutes and service hasnt come back yet. Ill try the stock one tomorrow.
  • 0 Likes

OP Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Big Baby Jesus

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:08 PM #14

Sorry... but OP updated one more time.

Update includes a couple misc files that were missing and correct fingerprint.
  • 0 Likes

BRIVERS73

BRIVERS73

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:49 AM #15

I was still unable to get a signal after initial boot with either one of the kernels included in the posted builds. Flashing Franco's Kernel alleviated this problem however, as others have posted.
  • 0 Likes

twoeleven99

twoeleven99

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:54 AM #16

same thimg here. no signal until i flashed francos kernel
  • 0 Likes

OP Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Big Baby Jesus

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:06 AM #17

The issue seems to be specifically the kernel. We're working to try and figure out what the problem is. For newcomers both builds are the same just with different kernels (both of which don't work). Just flash another custom kernel for now and all will be well. ^^
  • 0 Likes

twoeleven99

twoeleven99

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:53 AM #18

cool. this is the best rom thanks for your hard work. i thimk i remember you from the g2x forjm on xda yiu always put out good stuff
  • 0 Likes

OP Whitehawkx

Whitehawkx

Big Baby Jesus

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:56 AM #19

cool. this is the best rom thanks for your hard work. i thimk i remember you from the g2x forjm on xda yiu always put out good stuff

Thank you. ^^

One thing everyone can try is flashing the build with faux's kernel, changing the default MINIMUM cpu freq to be 700 (that's what franco's runs at) and rebooting to see if data works. Please let me know if that works. Trying to narrow this down.
  • 0 Likes

twoeleven99

twoeleven99

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 PM #20

im having one minor issue downloading mms. is that normal on this rom? i turn off wifi to dl the image and its hit or miss on if it will download
  • 0 Likes