Rate this Topic

1 votes

ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 - GT-P3113 - updated 5/19

• Please log in to reply

OP xoomdev

xoomdev

Developer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:48 AM #1

Im not going to go into great detail on where to download Odin, how to setup adb, or anything like that. If you are on this step then you should already have all of that setup.

**** DISCLAIMER **** I or Rootzwiki is not responsible for what happens to your device or your data as a result of flashing this. By rooting your device and flashing this you have voided your warranty. I am not responsible for weather conditions knocking out your power during your flash, your intellect, or your ability to use a PC and not blow up your device *** end DISCLAIMER ***

Download the espressowifi-recovery-5-18.tar.md5 -- this is the 5/19 file....i didn't know what day it was.. :(

Make sure Kies is closed
Reboot into Download mode (adb reboot download)
Open Odin, confirm connection
Click PDA
Load recovery.tar.md5 file
Click Start
Device will reboot when the flash is complete

To reboot into recovery, just like any other device; adb reboot recovery

Alternatively, if you already have the first version of clockwork from before you can replace your recovery by installing this: espressowifi-recovery-5-18.zip (this is also the 5/19 file) in the current version of clockwork you have installed.

CHANGELOG

--- 05-18 version - fixes problems mounting sd - thanks to dsb9938 for helping me debug this

--- Data wipe works around /data/media to keep /sdcard intact.
--- Backups works around /data/media
--- Restore works around /data/media
--- Data wipes leave 16kb crypto footer intact for factory encryption (thanks jcase)

Notes: zips still install from external sdcard, backups are still stored on external sdcard. Backups now take about 5 minutes instead of 30 :). Data wipes no longer wipe your internal sdcard.

Edited by xoomdev, 19 May 2012 - 08:42 AM.

• 10 Likes

nycbjr

nycbjr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:41 AM #2

Dood you beat me to it lol.. I may still work on touch...

so now I can make my root package for cwm!
  • 1 Likes

trparky

trparky

Android Addict

• 1,186 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:57 AM #3

Cool. Looking forward to your CWM root package. By far, that would be the easiest way to root.

1. Load CWM.
2. Flash SuperUser Pack in CWM.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

Sorry, I had to pull out that meme. LOL

Edited by trparky, 28 April 2012 - 08:57 AM.

• 0 Likes
Tom

Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Retired Devices: Samsung Droid Charge, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS

nycbjr

nycbjr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:59 AM #4

Cool. Looking forward to your CWM root package. By far, that would be the easiest way to root.

1. Load CWM.
2. Flash SuperUser Pack in CWM.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

Sorry, I had to pull out that meme. LOL

Done testing now!
  • 1 Likes

termleech

termleech

Super User

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:03 AM #5

Back and restore worked for me when I just tried it. It did take a long time but it worked.
  • 0 Likes
“For a long time it puzzled me how something so expensive, so leading edge, could be so useless. And then it occurred to me that a computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match.” (Bill Bryson)

chopper the dog

chopper the dog

Resident Jagoff

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:23 PM #6

@OP and nycbjr thanks for this stuff guys. I hope someone smarter than I does a de-odexed stock build. I'd like to do some themein and get rid of the stupid ass screen shot button and make it a power button ;)

good day.
  • 1 Likes
AOKP throwback themes SEE HERE.
Posted Image
If I annoyed you. Hit the thanks button.

Custnam

Custnam

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:57 PM #7

Any idea why the backups are so much larger than others. My most recent is almost 3gb.
  • 0 Likes
Samsung GALAXY Tab 7.7 Rooted Stock HC 3.2 with CWM, Custom Status Bar, my modded version of Go Launcher HD, 2 Yr Squaretrade Warranty! 6 colors of TPU "X" Cases, MiniSuit Leather Stand Case, MiniSuit Screen Protectors (on the way).

Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 Rooted Stock ICS 4.0.3 with CWM, and working Swype.

KaLiBLeeK

KaLiBLeeK

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:30 PM #8

Any idea why the backups are so much larger than others. My most recent is almost 3gb.

Pretty sure anything in the internal SD storage is backed up in the data.tar. My backups have been around that size as well.
  • 0 Likes

OP xoomdev

xoomdev

Developer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:04 PM #9

Ah. I'll take a look when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

KaLiBLeeK

KaLiBLeeK

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:47 PM #10

I don't mind the internal storage being backed up (it just saved me actually, haha), but yeah...there's a folder being created called "media" within the data backup, and everything from the internal storage is going in there. Not sure if that helps at all, but I figured I'd mention it.
  • 0 Likes