MIUI Launcher for any ICS Rom - Beta

• Please log in to reply

OP hoppermi

hoppermi

Supporting Member

• 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:34 PM #1

This is not from me, I am just sharing the link from Xiaomi

I Tested on ButterNutz Rom and it worked remarkably well. It comes with lockscreen also, as an option. Theme engine is included, but since no themes have been made for GNEX resolution, the few I tried either had tiny icons or mismatched sized icons. If you like the launcher with the stock icons it is great.

http://bigota.d.miui...e_1_0_100_1.apk

Edited by hoppermi, 29 May 2012 - 03:18 AM.

• 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:13 PM #2

Thanks, I find it laggy though.

Go to any of your homescreens, start swiping your notification bar up and down :(
  • 0 Likes

miketoasty

miketoasty

Android Addict

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:19 PM #3

It was laggy when I ran MIUI a couple weeks ago. Growing pains with ICS I guess. ;)
  • 0 Likes

Sebianoti

Sebianoti

Android Beginner

• 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:31 PM #4

Very laggy, certain parts are low resolution, a no no on a 720p screen, it also doesn't quite fit with HTC Sense 4.0 lol
  • 0 Likes

OP hoppermi

hoppermi

Supporting Member

• 451 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:35 PM #5

It was laggy when I ran MIUI a couple weeks ago. Growing pains with ICS I guess. ;)

I used nova all week on aokp and butternutz. Flashed this weeks update a couple hrs ago and the launcher is every bit as fast and smooth as nova. I used the launcher in the op this morning and same thing, fast and smooth.

Thanks, I find it laggy though.

Go to any of your homescreens, start swiping your notification bar up and down :(

Its just a launcher, it doesn't have anything to do with your status/notification bar.
  • 0 Likes

miketoasty

miketoasty

Android Addict

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:39 PM #6

I used nova all week on aokp and butternutz. Flashed this weeks update a couple hrs ago and the launcher is every bit as fast and smooth as nova. I used the launcher in the op this morning and same thing, fast and smooth.

Its just a launcher, it doesn't have anything to do with your status/notification bar.

Maybe they did some tweaking, like I said that was a couple weeks ago.
  • 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:49 PM #7

That's incorrect.
  • 0 Likes

0xD34D

0xD34D

Village Idiot

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:25 PM #8

That's incorrect.

Actually hoppermi was correct. The notifications and status bar are part of the SystemUI and have nothing to do with which launcher you use. The launcher is simply another app with some special permissions and functionality.
  • 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:56 PM #9

Actually hoppermi was correct. The notifications and status bar are part of the SystemUI and have nothing to do with which launcher you use. The launcher is simply another app with some special permissions and functionality.

Some people are just extremely lag sensitive. That would be me. Also, that's like saying an app can't effect the performance of the phone. Explain why developers modify systemui.apk to reduce the speed of the soft key glow animation? Which essentially eliminates all lag. Just because they're not related doesn't mean they can't affect each other.

I wouldn't even describe it as lag, just jittery. Who knows, maybe its my rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

Edited by samsuck, 27 April 2012 - 04:11 PM.

• 0 Likes

samsuck

samsuck

XDA Hater

• 805 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:58 PM #10

Actually, forget it. I don't want to stir up any drama. This isn't xdgay.

I'll believe what I believe, and you can believe what you believe . Either way thanks to the OP for sharing the link

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes