- - - - -

CM9 vs. AOKP vs. Gummy

• Please log in to reply

Cstryon

Cstryon

Android Apprentice

• 291 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56 PM #11

After making the new APN as suggested (on AOKP) I can receive MMS just fine, but my sending is sporadic- someone has to MMS me first, then I can send while their message is downloading- at least that's how it seems to be working.

I'm on AOKP and I don't see an option for apn in mobile data. Mind telling me how you found it?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

ParkerNisbet1

ParkerNisbet1

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:35 PM #12

I'm on AOKP and I don't see an option for apn in mobile data. Mind telling me how you found it?

For AOKP it is under the "More..." text field (right under "Data Usage")
More... > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
  • 0 Likes

Cstryon

Cstryon

Android Apprentice

• 291 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:26 AM #13

For AOKP it is under the "More..." text field (right under "Data Usage")
More... > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

:/ I don't have access point names under more...

• 0 Likes

bikedude880

bikedude880

You can haz Developer Status

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:25 AM #14

:/ I don't have access point names under more...

Did you perchance miss a crucial step in finding the APN setting? I only ask because it exists in that location on /every/ build of ICS regardless of what device it is or who pushed the build. It's part of Android. Now after you click "more", click "mobile networks", then "access point names".

Voila.

(And I gotta ask, are actually running D2G builds on your D2G?)

Edited by bikedude880, 04 May 2012 - 09:26 AM.

• 0 Likes
Click 'Like' or Donate if you've enjoyed my work and snarky sense of humor.

Droid2 Global: Running Android the way it was meant to, free from the bonds of Motorola software.

Got a problem with my responses? Read this: http://www.catb.org/...ions.html#intro

Cstryon

Cstryon

Android Apprentice

• 291 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:23 AM #15

Did you perchance miss a crucial step in finding the APN setting? I only ask because it exists in that location on /every/ build of ICS regardless of what device it is or who pushed the build. It's part of Android. Now after you click "more", click "mobile networks", then "access point names".

Voila.

(And I gotta ask, are actually running D2G builds on your D2G?)

I go to more, mobile networks, and have no option for access point names.
BUT, perhaps that is the difference. I am actually on a Droid 2. Not a global...

• 0 Likes

bikedude880

bikedude880

You can haz Developer Status

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:30 PM #16

I go to more, mobile networks, and have no option for access point names.
BUT, perhaps that is the difference. I am actually on a Droid 2. Not a global...

Afaik, the D2 was not a GSM phone (D2 was CDMA). The Milestone 2, however...
  • 0 Likes
Click 'Like' or Donate if you've enjoyed my work and snarky sense of humor.

Droid2 Global: Running Android the way it was meant to, free from the bonds of Motorola software.

Got a problem with my responses? Read this: http://www.catb.org/...ions.html#intro

OP Jabberwockish

Jabberwockish

Every day I'm galumphin'

• 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:01 PM #17

Afaik, the D2 was not a GSM phone (D2 was CDMA). The Milestone 2, however...

Correct, D2 is CDMA only, so it isn't terribly surprising that it has no provision for defining APNs.

But that reminds me…why would an APN definition affect the ability of a D2G to send/receive MMS on Verizon's CDMA network?
  • 0 Likes
Before you ask a question, try searching for an answer. If you still need help, ask your question the smart way.

x13thangelx

x13thangelx

Developer

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:40 PM #18

because for some annoying reason it doesnt automatically detect our apns even though the list is there and the information in it is correct
  • 0 Likes
Unofficial CM9 builds for: DX, D2, D2G

dabiscake

dabiscake

Android Beginner

• 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:39 AM #19

Here is the website I used to create my APN... (http://www.jayceooi....e-internet-mms/) Search up your particular location and wireless provider and create the corresponding APN. For my phone, you can find APN settings in Settings > More... > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
This may differ by phone (and rom running) but otherwise this should be all you need.

I haven't been able to get MMS to work. I used the settings in the link above or from this other post http://rootzwiki.com...-2nd-init-roms/. Agreed, that one was for DX users, but I think Verizon APN settings should be the same across, right? I have the APN settings spelled and setup correctly, enabled and selected, however SMS or MMS still fail to send out, either through the stock Messenger or Go SMS. I've cycled through my nandroids to try this across AOKP, Gummy and CM9 but so far no good... I know a lot of people are reporting the workaround as easy as adding the extra APN and done, but I'm wondering if there also failures out there or is it just me?
I probably wouldn't be able to use any of these ICS Roms if I wasn't texting through Google Voice almost exclusively, but the occasional international text still needs to go through Verizon, which I didn't realize wouldn't work until I tried only recently...

BTW, big shout out to Angel and BikeDude for their continuing legacy on these ICS Roms.. You guys rock this phone!

Edited by dabiscake, 08 May 2012 - 11:40 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP Jabberwockish

Jabberwockish

Every day I'm galumphin'

• 165 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:26 PM #20

Verizon APN settings should be the same across, right?

Yeah, the same APN settings should work for any device other than a Blackberry or possibly feature phones with WAP-only browsers.

BTW, big shout out to Angel and BikeDude for their continuing legacy on these ICS Roms.. You guys rock this phone!

Yes!

Edited by Jabberwockish, 08 May 2012 - 05:26 PM.

• 0 Likes
Before you ask a question, try searching for an answer. If you still need help, ask your question the smart way.