Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[Video] CM4DX Installed and Running!

• Please log in to reply

OP cvpcs

cvpcs

Official Forum Troll

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:02 PM #1

Well, this has been a long time coming, so I'm going to just get right to it.

Without further ado, I give you a video of me installing CM7 on my DX and booting it up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZOLEHwfZA

So this leaves a lot of questions! Such as what works and what doesn't! From what I could tell by playing around with it, the following definitely work: Radio, Wifi, USB, Charging, various sensors, lights, vibration, standard bluetooth. The following MAY or MAY NOT work (unable to tell for sure yet): GPS, 3G/data, camera, camcorder, bluetooth audio. And the following definitely do NOT work yet: audio (this includes phone calls, speakers, microphone, etc).

Essentially a lot of stuff works, but some of it may not be working because i have yet to finish libaudio for the DX. I am looking into some possible alternatives to completely rewriting the thing from source, but it may come down to that.

Note: this was done using my recently new-found-knowledge of 2nd-init, which I will describe later in a blog post (don't want to get into it here). This still runs on top of the original motorola kernel though. I repeat, the bootloader is still locked, and you are still forced into using moto's kernels, but that doesn't really prevent us from doing all that much. :(

I will be uploading more information over the evening and into tomorrow about how all of this works in-depth as well as what needs to be done to get a solid release on my blog (http://cvpcs.org). I will be requiring testers in the near future (think early-to-mid this week), and I will be posting a thread here on RootzWiki for that (I will also post on my blog a link to the thread, as well as instructions).

Oh, and did i mention that I have made the CM4DX branch of CM almost entirely self-contained, meaning merging into the main CM tree will be a piece of ****ing cake? (oh yeah...there will be cake)

Peace out my friends!
  • 0 Likes

coggy9

coggy9

Average Android

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:04 PM #2

The video is private. :(
  • 0 Likes
2 HTC Mechas (Thunderbolt)
1 Motorola MB200 (CLIQ)
1 HTC Passion (Nexus One)
Past Devices:
1 HTC Dream

CurrentWeb

CurrentWeb

Android Ninja

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:04 PM #3

Why is the video private!!!!??????
  • 0 Likes

CurrentWeb

CurrentWeb

Android Ninja

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:05 PM #4

Nevermind.... *refresh very important button*
  • 0 Likes

goodspellar

goodspellar

Lord Vader

• 64 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:05 PM #5

awesome. can't wait to get to testing this thing
  • 0 Likes

Guvery

Guvery

Android Apprentice

• 51 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:05 PM #6

I love you cvpcs!!! :(
  • 0 Likes

JASKRU

JASKRU

reenigne esrever

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:05 PM #7

good work.. most excelent
  • 0 Likes

coggy9

coggy9

Average Android

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:08 PM #8

Now you make me want a Droid X. How does 2nd init work? I've heard of that somewhere on the CLIQ.....
  • 0 Likes
2 HTC Mechas (Thunderbolt)
1 Motorola MB200 (CLIQ)
1 HTC Passion (Nexus One)
Past Devices:
1 HTC Dream

clumsyninja21

clumsyninja21

Android Addict

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:09 PM #9

OMFG. OMFG. OMFG. Did I say OMFG yet?
  • 0 Likes

nmiltner

nmiltner

Themer

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:09 PM #10

Unbelievable! Great work. I know that a lot of DX users will be dying for this.
  • 0 Likes