Touchpad not turning on and home button flashing from left to right

• Please log in to reply

OP TitoinTampa

TitoinTampa

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:31 AM #1

Hello all,
I've searched Google and this forum for my exact problem but could not find any help. I had CM7 running fine on my Touchpad for months, I decided to upgrade to CM9 Alpha 2 last Thursday, by Friday the device went into stand-by and when I attempted to bring it back the screen was unresponsive. Unresponsive as in I could see my wallpaper and lock screen but it would not recognize my touch. I tried rebooting it via home+power and home+power+volumeup however it would not restart. After about an hour the screen went completely black (could not bring out of stand-by) and the home button is flashing left to right. I know the charger works because I plugged my HTC phone in and watched it charge from 90% to 95%. I'd also like to mention that before the screen went uresponsive it had about 75% power. Anyone know what I can try to get this thing working again? thanks so much
  • 0 Likes

cobjones

cobjones

Average Android

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:50 AM #2

The flash is a notification for a dead battery. Plug it in with the OEM charger for 30 minutes or so and the power + home button press should turn it on.
  • 0 Likes

OP TitoinTampa

TitoinTampa

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 AM #3

I had the OEM charger plugged in, same one I tried on my phone.. but apparently I did not have it plugged in long enough (5 hours) I then left it plugged in over night and it seems to be working, thanks.
  • 0 Likes

Colchiro

Colchiro

Android Lover

• 880 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 PM #4

You need the stock 2 amp charger and the stock cable.

Your phone charger is .5 to 1 amp, (mine are .7 amp) not nearly enough to quickly charge a tablet that's powered on.
  • 0 Likes

cobjones

cobjones

Average Android

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:23 PM #5

Odd, I had it happened and it only took about an hour to get enough of a charge to boot. Good it is fixed though
  • 0 Likes

SimpleXu

SimpleXu

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:47 AM #6

I also had the same problem, I used every method but can't save my TP. Then I changed a new one from the custom service
  • 0 Likes