Mod Type: ROM
I present to you AOKP for the Kindle Fire
Let me start off by giving thanks to some people that have made this possible.
And a big thanks to Hashcode who has made a 3.0 kernel for this great piece of hardware!
Major changes since Milestone 5
- Removed FB sync
- Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
- Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
- Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
- Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control >
- General > Boot sound
- added delayed ring feature to Phone
- added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
- added AOKP wallpapers app
- added USB tether toggle,
- added AOKP clock widgets
- added notification counters
- new boot animation
- added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
- added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
- added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
- improved weather code
- added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
- added hardware info in about screen
- added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
- added nfc toggle
- added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
- made lockscreen weather prettier
- fixed DRM issues
So what makes this build different from the stock (no longer supported) ROM? Well here's a list of features I've added:
- Added volume slider w/mute to the status bar settings panel for quick access to system volume level
- Added a screenshot button, which can be enabled in ROM Control, to allow quick access taking a screenshot of current screen.
- Added an easy access settings button at top right of home screen
- Added dual docks - now you can use up some of that empty space by placing apps and shortcuts into these two docks for quick access to these apps on any home screen
- Added screenshot button which can be added to the navbar buttons
- Added settings for changing location of the volume slider in the stats bar settings panel
At this time I have not found any issues with the ROM. If you find a problem/issue/bug please let me know what it is and how to re-create the problem. Working with the source is far easier than the work I have done with MIUI so I have much more control over the issues.
AOKP for Kindle Fire - Milestone 6
Edited by 0xD34D , 09 July 2012 - 07:00 PM.