1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Irremovable battery causes instant death for wet phones...

• Please log in to reply

OP DigitalDK

DigitalDK

Android Padawan

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM #1

My GF has the RAZR MAXX and she recently dropped it in water, she pulled it out almost immediately after and did her best to dry it out, however due to not being able to remove the battery the device refused stay off which ultimately caused the phone to fry...

IMHO irremovable batteries are a terrible idea. We take full responsibility for that fact we dropped it in water, however I do feel I could have saved the device had I been able to pull the battery.

Thoughts?
  • 0 Likes

jonwgee

jonwgee

Android Lover

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:14 PM #2

Assurion, $100 deductable. iPhones have had non removable batteries forever. It's the way of the future, I believe....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Droid X, that is all...

poontab

poontab

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:29 PM #3

Adamoutler did a pretty good job of summing it up.

• 1 Likes

OP DigitalDK

DigitalDK

Android Padawan

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:55 AM #4

Assurion, $100 deductable. iPhones have had non removable batteries forever. It's the way of the future, I believe....

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using RootzWiki

No I realize that iPhones have had batteries this way forever ( I sell them ). However as far as the way of the future goes I certainly hope not unless all phones come waterproofed.

Also thanks for that amusing video poontab ;)
  • 1 Likes

LexiconDevil

LexiconDevil

Average Android

• 151 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:04 PM #5

I still don't understand why you guys keep complaining about the battery, while its not as user friendly as it used to be, it literally takes all of ten seconds to safely remove the battery.

Rootin' & fastbootin' on my RAZR sandwich
  • 0 Likes

TwinShadow

TwinShadow

The Shadow within Android

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:00 AM #6

Well, if that video posted just above is anything to go by, a bolted down battery certainly would require quite a bit of work to get it out safely. Irremovable batteries I strongly detest, especially if something goes wrong on a bad luck basis. RAZR's a nice phone, but the battery is a no-sell to me, even if it is one of the longer batteries I've seen lately. I want to have the freedom of replacing the battery myself when needed, not have to go to a Verizon store just to get it changed. I mean, you're eventually going to have to replace lithium ion batteries, they don't last forever.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

OP DigitalDK

DigitalDK

Android Padawan

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:16 AM #7

I still don't understand why you guys keep complaining about the battery, while its not as user friendly as it used to be, it literally takes all of ten seconds to safely remove the battery.

I don't see how you figure it takes 10 seconds to take it out considering it's bolted down. If it's as easy as you say why don't you post a video proving so.
  • 0 Likes

nailbomb3

nailbomb3

Player Hater

• 1,081 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:46 PM #8

Brother Lex, what does it take to yank the battery? Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

clintro

clintro

Android pre-Beginner

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:29 AM #9

What is up with this subject?? The Razr and Razr Maxx have about 10-15 steps to get to the battery.

Edited by clintro, 30 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

• 0 Likes

Detonation

Detonation

Average Android

• 486 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:02 AM #10

Well, if that video posted just above is anything to go by, a bolted down battery certainly would require quite a bit of work to get it out safely. Irremovable batteries I strongly detest, especially if something goes wrong on a bad luck basis. RAZR's a nice phone, but the battery is a no-sell to me, even if it is one of the longer batteries I've seen lately. I want to have the freedom of replacing the battery myself when needed, not have to go to a Verizon store just to get it changed. I mean, you're eventually going to have to replace lithium ion batteries, they don't last forever.

Yes they don't last forever but they should last longer than the time you have your phone (assuming you upgrade every 2-3 years).

Edited by Detonation, 30 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.

• 0 Likes