4 votes

[EI2][Rom][Odin][Cwm]Tweaked v2.2 UPDATED 07/11/12

• Please log in to reply

nwag14

nwag14

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:50 PM #261

Same question really - are issues there on stock?

Yeah my phone performed the same on stock. The reason I posted it in here was because I figured someone on TweakStock could easily check their MMS Provisioning settings for me, but looks like no one wants to >.>
  • 0 Likes

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:08 PM #262

I flashed KC's kernel and now I have a big ol' yellow sign when i boot up.. how do i get rid of this without fucking up the kernel?
  • 0 Likes

daventodd

daventodd

Samsung Pirate

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:16 PM #263

I flashed KC's kernel and now I have a big ol' yellow sign when i boot up.. how do i get rid of this without fucking up the kernel?

The yellow triangle? It's really no big deal. I've had it since Day 1 of Rooting/ROMing.
  • 0 Likes
Current Devices:
--Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS8.1
--Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running CW10.2

If you need help about anything Stratosphere or just generally Android related, feel free to message me!

defe

defe

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:06 AM #264

If it's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point, then that should have been there since rooting the phone. Its a way that samsung knows you modified the kernel and the kernel was needed to be modified for root access.
  • 0 Likes

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:00 PM #265

KC's kernel was a life saver my phone runs 100% smoother and better. No random hotboots or freezing.. but vibration still is gone :(

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

thunder_47

thunder_47

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:44 PM #266

Hey guys I have been following this thread for quite some time. I have been experiencing some issues such as the hotboots, sluggishness, etc.

However, I followed the advice found on this thread (like changing to KC kernel, using tweaktools, etc.) and tried to re-flash the 2.0 rom. Problem is, when I tried to do that, I got stuck in a bootloop booting only to cwm. I tried again, carefully following the instructions (wipe data, mount system, flash, wipe data again, reboot), and that yielded even worse results.

I went through a long process using heimdall and odin because my phone was now stuck on the booting screen (Samsung with the yellow triangle) just to get to the download mode. I tried to install tweaks using Odin, but no success there, just kept rebooting to CWM. I then tried to update the version of CWM I was using, namely to reinstall it using heimdall. The reinstall worked, but I am still stuck in the loop.

Can anybody suggest advice for me now?

Edited by thunder_47, 24 May 2012 - 02:45 PM.

• 1 Likes

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:30 PM #267

Follow these steps to completely reset your phone and get it running good again just make sure you flash the KC kernel instead of RHCP's.

Wipe in CWM, flash this (http://dl.dropbox.co...84/StratEI2.zip), reboot and make sure that everything works, then root doing this (http://rootzwiki.com...r-stratosphere/) or this (http://rootzwiki.com...ere-simplified/) then flash this (http://rootzwiki.com...cwmtweaked-v20/). That should be it!

Don't do this yet because someone might have a better solution than just restarting.
  • 1 Likes

daventodd

daventodd

Samsung Pirate

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:46 PM #268

What do I need to do to successfully flash KC's kernel? I'm running Tweaked 2.0 and I want to be able to have root access after I flash the kernel.. If someone could give me a quick step-by-step guide on flashing it and making sure that I had the same things before the flash.
  • 0 Likes
Current Devices:
--Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS8.1
--Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running CW10.2

If you need help about anything Stratosphere or just generally Android related, feel free to message me!

Skylinez

Skylinez

Android Lover

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:30 PM #269

Phone.apk won't reinstall after disappearing... need help to get it back please..

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

dcooterfrog

dcooterfrog

• 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:25 AM #270

What do I need to do to successfully flash KC's kernel? I'm running Tweaked 2.0 and I want to be able to have root access after I flash the kernel.. If someone could give me a quick step-by-step guide on flashing it and making sure that I had the same things before the flash.

I have been runnin 1.4 with a custom theme for a long time. i didn't update to 2.0 because of some issues I have seen.
is the best answere right now 2.0 wutthe kc kernal.
what will I loose form the rchp kernal. overclocking and boot animation changes
  • 0 Likes