- - - - -

[How To] Boot XOOM into Recovery, Fastboot, or RSD Mode

• Please log in to reply

OP Nusince

Nusince

Developer

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:16 AM #1

Boot XOOM into Recovery, Fastboot, or RSD mode

So you need to get into Recovery to backup your XOOM (you do nandroid don't you?). Or perhaps you were working on creating new levels of awesome and something happend and you find yourself staring at the Motorola Dual Core boot screen with your XOOM refusing to boot any further. Fear not, you are only a few clicks away from finding your way back into recovery or fastboot goodness.

• Turn your XOOM off
  • Press Power to turn your XOOM back on
  • When the Motorola Dual Core boot screen appears tap Volume Down repeatedly until "Android Recovery" is displayed
  • Press Volume Up to enter Recovery

You can also choose from Fastboot protocol support and RSD mode by using the same method but instead selecting their respective menu prompts.

Note:
If your XOOM is caught in bootloops or you find yourself stuck in RSD mode or Fastboot Protocol support you can hardware reboot your XOOM by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power until the tablet reboots (usually a few seconds but could be longer).
  • 1 Likes

Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer

Themer

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:47 PM #2

Normally just wait 3-5 seconds after the dual core screen and then press down for recovery. And then you might need to hard reboot using the power and volume+. I know this guide will save some people from panicking.
  • 0 Likes
Posted ImagePosted Image

jawonder

jawonder

Supporting Member

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:07 PM #3

Didn't remember how to do this.
  • 0 Likes
Can't help it i'm a Rom Addict

theMichael

theMichael

Average Android

• 716 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:10 PM #4

Just tried to flash a new rom and when I went to reboot it hung at the dual core logo, tried this and I only have options for fastboot rsd and nvflash. Please help!

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
| Phone: HTC Thunderbolt | Rom: Thundershed 1.6 | Kernel: leankernel 6.2.1 | Radio: .19 |
| Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi) | Rom: Team EOS build 155 | Kernel: Tiamat |