Mod Base:: CyanogenMod

Mod Status:: Alpha

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: T-Mobile

Requires Root:: No

Optional:: Requires GApps

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source:: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_v909
*** DON'T FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DATA LOSS, INSTABILITY OR RABID DOGS EATING YOUR CAT! ***

I'm keeping this up as a way for users to use the existing ROM. We are moving full bore ahead with CM10 aka Jelly Bean. Please don't report anymore bugs on this thread, as we won't be looking at it. If you guys want to community help each other, that's fine, but there were will be no more support from the devs on this ROM. Thanks for understanding. :)

Code:
<br />
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
* Your warranty is now void.<br />
*<br />
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
*/<br />
Credits:
  • Steve Kondik and the amazing CM team
  • pershoot with helping me get some recovery issues hammered out
  • ChiefzReloaded, helping us get this project underway with his device tree
  • jannau, for being the kernel beast he is, helped us to push CM9 the rest of the way to the v909
  • And the many testers, including: xi2wiked, gribbly, beefsalad, Deez1234 and others I'm probably forgetting
  • For all those who stuck it out when it looked like nothing was going to happen with this slate!
*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

What works:
  • Audio
  • Hardware Acceleration
  • WiFi
  • GSM
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Accelerometer
  • Gyroscope
  • Compass
  • Touchscreen
  • HDMI
  • Microphone
Known issues:
  • GSM disconnects when screen is turned on
  • Front and back camera's do not work
  • USB 2.0 doesn't work correctly
  • CM9 shows vibration functionality in Power menu, device doesn't support it (this will be removed)
  • busybox has issues with files over 2GB in size.
  • After initial flash, some users have reported issues with the reboot recovery and reboot bootloader options in the power menu, rebooting a couple of times will usually resolve this
  • Notification lights work, right now they are running in a "debug" mode. Red = Sleep State on, Green = Sleep State off. They are set to blink for 7 seconds, then will turn off.
  • Screen will intermittently turn on and off
  • Bluetooth audio doesn't work
  • Speakers do not switch orientation with the screen orientation.
  • Random screen flickers
  • Touchscreen lags (ICS issue)
  • Routing issues over WiFi tether
  • Touchscreen will die randomly (Workaround: multi-touch the screen...)
  • After initial flash, GSM may not work, rebooting will resolve the issue.
  • Lockscreen, selection and keyboards touch sounds are not working
  • You tell us...
Fixed issues:
  • WiFi doesn't route correctly with 3G enabled
  • Some sleep issues
  • WiFi must be on to avoid hard locks
  • Microphone does not work
  • Some 3D apps/games may have slow or delayed input (eg. Shadowgun)
  • Recovery has issues restoring the /data partition if it is over 2GB in file size.
  • HDMI video out works, but no audio
  • Random hard locks, but most notably when using GSM
  • Cannot connect to enterprise WiFi (LEAP)
  • 44100,16bit,stereo is the only supported config, some apps may not work correctly with the mic until this is fixed. (eg. Voice Search)
  • Rom Manager does not work correctly
  • Screenon and Screenoff animations do not work (Have been disabled)
  • Data Usage threshhold doesn't work.
  • While using a hardware keyboard, the software keyboard still pops up
  • When enabling CM9 IME switcher, the Android one is enabled, showing two IME selectors.
  • Screen rotations take awhile and transitions don't flow correctly.
  • Volume Rocker Wake doesn't work (Looking for a work around to disable, other than display_settings.xml)
*** Backup your data before continuing! ***

Instructions (README, A LOT!!!!!!):
  • Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked. See unlocking the bootloader. (If you're not sure if you're unlocked or not, just flash the appropriate one for the build you are on. It won't hurt anything and will guarantee you're unlocked.)
  • Download Clockwork Recovery (md5: b7f72998918505c8b6d127657ee21d69) *** You must use this recovery....
  • Download CM9 (md5: 056f080c782b7e71633ca57593810c4b)
  • Download GAPPS (md5: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c)
  • Place the cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip on your sdcard of your G-Slate
  • You will need the fastboot binary on your machine (Windows or Linux). See about fastboot and recovery.
  • ^^ BACKUP YOUR DATA! See about backing up.
  • Next, Wipe Data Factory Reset, Wipe Cache and format /system under the Mounts and Storage menu.
  • Then 'install zip from sdcard', 'choose zip from sdcard', then install the cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip.
  • Then install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
  • Go back to the main menu and Reboot Now.
  • On reboot, hold Volume+ to enter fastboot mode again and run the following:
Code:
<br />
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img; fastboot reboot<br />
*** If you are getting assert failure errors when flashing, flash recovery first. Thanks derschniffles!

Upgrading builds:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Wipe Dalvik-Cache
  • Wipe Cache
  • Format /system
  • Install cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip
  • Install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
  • Reboot
We are posting this for testing purposes. If you run into issues outside the 'Known issues', please post a logcat.

You will need the adb binary on your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux):

Code:
<br />
adb logcat > logcat.txt<br />
If are get a hard lock and have to reset, please pull the /proc/last_kmsg and post it after you are booted again.

Code:
<br />
adb pull /proc/last_kmsg<br />
Please do not report on ANY known issues!!!

You can contact us here (the forum) or on freenode's webchat in our #g-slate room. If you have any other questions, please see our wiki.

That's it! Enjoy!

Donation links:
jannau
ChiefzReloaded
dasunsrule32 (I like pizza!)

Sources:

http://github.com/Cy...device_lge_v909
http://github.com/Cy...kernel_lge_v909

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Changelog:

20120709:
  • Fixed duplicate IME selectors
  • Fixed Screen rotations
  • Fixed animations speed
  • Fixed software keyboard popup while using a hardware keyboard
  • Disabled electron beam animations (caused some lockscreen issues and rendering issues)
  • Fixed >2G backup issues in recovery
  • Fixed data usage
  • Fixed battery usage
  • Fixed notification settings in Display Settings
  • Added battery notification settings in Display Settings
  • Disabled Volume Rocker Wake in the framework
  • Improved Tablet Power Control Widgets

20120618:

Upstream build:
  • Networking fixes
  • New lockscreen widgets for weather and calendar events
  • T-Mo themes bug fixes
  • Settings fixes
  • New boot animation
  • Many additions of CID throughout CM9
  • Stability fixes
  • Apollo Music player and widgets
  • Notification drawer widgets (Can reorder now)
  • New package naming convention: cm-9-YYYYMMDD-BUILDTYPE-DEVICE.zip
  • and many more...
20120516:

Upstream build:
  • Some networking changes
  • WiFi Direct
20120507:

Major upstream changes:
  • T-mobile themes
  • Lockscreen shortcuts
  • Busybox merges
  • Several networking merges
  • and more...
20120427:
  • Change wireless interface to eth0
  • Fix touchscreen timeout issue
  • Add WiFi tethering
  • Fix WiFi firmware reloading
20120425:
  • Switched to upstream Atmel touchscreen driver
  • Various audio fixes
  • Various microphone issues
20120424:
  • Fixed microphone
  • Really remove volume rocker wake, not supported
20120423:
  • Remove volume rocker wake, not supported
  • HDMI audio fixes
  • Speaker fixes
  • Partial USB host mode fixes
  • Fix remaining sleep issues
20120418:
  • Kernel fixes and patches from nVidia to help with suspend, resume and lock issues.
  • Auto brightness fixes
  • Changed amount of usable memory to 721MB
*** For upstream merges, please see gerrit.

#7 ·
Working great for an Alpha. I will be interested to see if hdmi out works when I get home. It isn't listed as working or not working.

I have tested netflix and mlb video over t-mobile data and both worked great. So far, none of the bugs are deal breakers for me so I am going to try to use it as my everyday rom.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
so I gotta say im pretty impressed with this so far. nice and smooth!

one thing I noticed right away thats driving me crazy is it seems the resolution is off or something. on the far left and right screens, the grid dosent go out far enough which leaves about a 1 inch column that I cant put apps on lol. does the same thing when im in the play store as well. im thinking mabey a launcher issue or mabey something else im missing.

also seems i cant get wallpapers to span the entire screen. even when i turn off scroll with wallpaper, it still leaves black borders around the whole thing.
*edit: seems like now it spans the whole thing. amazing what a reboot can do haha. sorry gents, spoke too soon

these are just little things but i love the work guys!

#25 ·
any plans on overclocking on this rom? it would be killer to have 1.4-1.5.

As an update, it seems the only game that has problems is shadowgun. everything else i have tried works flawelessly (temple run, zen pinball thd, samuri II, meltdown on mars, battleheart and air attack hd).
YouTube, Netflix, Instagram, Pandora, Splashtop, Facedroid, Twitter, and Pulse all work great. Like I said before, this is pretty damn good for an alpha release guys. Obviously the cameras dont work but OH NO, i cant take pictures with my friggin tablet, what ever will i do.....yeah right.
Google Maps is accurate up to 30m and working good as well as google sky.

Some issues with setting wallpapers but if you disable scroll with wallpaper is seems okay. When you change certain settings such as grids and go from portrait to landscape or the other way around the screen goes black and then back on again. Im sure you guys are aware of all this. Just in case. I guess im just letting everyone else know whats up with this.

All in all, its fantastic with only a few problems that really are not a big deal. Im so much happier with this than HC 3.1. Kinda sucks about ShadowGun but oh well.

Thanks guys! Let me know if you need a lab rat to test some stuff.

#26 ·
+1. It is working great. I also have not had any issues with the apps I use regularly. Google Chrome Beta is awesome.

I have noticed some funkiness with wifi. Sometimes it just craps out even though the indicator is on and it appears connected. I just suddenly notice my internet connection slow to a crawl (my t-mobile service at home is slow). I will try to get a logcat the next time it happens and I will confirm that wifi is off by checking my service provider through speedtest.net. I can fix it by turning wifi off and then back on.

#30 ·
So games that run in portrait mode seem to have finicky controls. Temple run does the wrong thing half the time (eg i swipe up to jump and he slides or swipe left and he jumps). Air attack works pretty good except for the menus. I have to touch higher or lower on the buttons for it to press the right one.

#33 ·
Well, I got home and tried this on my Mac whereas I was using XP at work. Did steps 2 and 3, and now when it reboots it will ONLY boot into recovery, cant enable fastboot anymore. Holding down the Vol+ button seems to do nothing. I did try to flash CM9 and still got the assert error.

Reran the root and bootloader unlock as well. No dice.

I can use ADB.

Holding Vol- will boot into the LD MDP screen. But I dont know any use for that right now.

#36 ·
If you are having trouble flashing the CM9 builds

Open up the CM9 zip
Navigate to the updater-script
Extract updater-script to your computer
Open it with Notepad+ or similar program and remove this line:
Code:
<br />
getprop ("ro.product.device") ==v909 || getprop (''ro.build.product") ==v909<br />
Save the edited updater-script and overwrite the old one in the CM9 zip

This should solve the flashing problem.

#42 ·
Issue: Home screen icons can't be moved (most of the time) when using Stack transitions on the home screen in Trebuchet. This might be a CM9/Trebuchet level issue. But since its not a supported ROM i thought I'd start here.

Using the default "Tablet" transitions does not have this problem.

#46 · (Edited by Moderator)
A new build will be going up today. I'll post when it's ready to roll.

CHANGELOG:

20120423:
  • Remove volume rocker wake, not supported
  • HDMI audio fixes
  • Speaker fixes
  • Partial USB host mode fixes
  • Fix remaining sleep issues
  • Upstream: Bluetooth fixes
  • Upstream: Update bash to 4.2
  • Upstream: Update lsof to 4.86
  • Upstream: Add MAP profile feature for Bluetooth
  • Upstream: removed depricated heap-vm size options
Once this build is up, we'll need help testing what USB devices will work while plugged into the slate and what ones don't.

#51 ·
would this allow us to mount the g slate as a external harddrive aswell? since i dont use adb, i have to manually put the update.zip folder onto the sdcard and then boot into cwm, delete everything, restore to my honeycomb backup, then load the file onto the sdcard, and then reflash. or if there is an easier way, lemme know please.​

#55 ·
would this allow us to mount the g slate as a external harddrive aswell? since i dont use adb, i have to manually put the update.zip folder onto the sdcard and then boot into cwm, delete everything, restore to my honeycomb backup, then load the file onto the sdcard, and then reflash. or if there is an easier way, lemme know please.​
not sure if I understand what your asking but cant you just download the cm9 update on your tablet and throw it on your sd card? or download it on your computer and throw it on dropbox and then download from dropbox on your tablet? sorry if i completely misunderstood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.