Mod Type: ROM
*** DON'T FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH DATA LOSS, INSTABILITY OR RABID DOGS EATING YOUR CAT! ***
I'm keeping this up as a way for users to use the existing ROM. We are moving full bore ahead with CM10 aka Jelly Bean. Please don't report anymore bugs on this thread, as we won't be looking at it. If you guys want to community help each other, that's fine, but there were will be no more support from the devs on this ROM. Thanks for understanding. :)
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- Steve Kondik and the amazing CM team
- pershoot with helping me get some recovery issues hammered out
- ChiefzReloaded, helping us get this project underway with his device tree
- jannau, for being the kernel beast he is, helped us to push CM9 the rest of the way to the v909
- And the many testers, including: xi2wiked, gribbly, beefsalad, Deez1234 and others I'm probably forgetting
- For all those who stuck it out when it looked like nothing was going to happen with this slate!
- Hardware Acceleration
- GSM disconnects when screen is turned on
- Front and back camera's do not work
- USB 2.0 doesn't work correctly
- CM9 shows vibration functionality in Power menu, device doesn't support it (this will be removed)
- busybox has issues with files over 2GB in size.
- After initial flash, some users have reported issues with the reboot recovery and reboot bootloader options in the power menu, rebooting a couple of times will usually resolve this
- Notification lights work, right now they are running in a "debug" mode. Red = Sleep State on, Green = Sleep State off. They are set to blink for 7 seconds, then will turn off.
- Screen will intermittently turn on and off
- Bluetooth audio doesn't work
- Speakers do not switch orientation with the screen orientation.
- Random screen flickers
- Touchscreen lags (ICS issue)
- Routing issues over WiFi tether
- Touchscreen will die randomly (Workaround: multi-touch the screen...)
- After initial flash, GSM may not work, rebooting will resolve the issue.
- Lockscreen, selection and keyboards touch sounds are not working
- You tell us...
WiFi doesn't route correctly with 3G enabled Some sleep issues WiFi must be on to avoid hard locks Microphone does not work Some 3D apps/games may have slow or delayed input (eg. Shadowgun) Recovery has issues restoring the /data partition if it is over 2GB in file size. HDMI video out works, but no audio Random hard locks, but most notably when using GSM Cannot connect to enterprise WiFi (LEAP) 44100,16bit,stereo is the only supported config, some apps may not work correctly with the mic until this is fixed. (eg. Voice Search) Rom Manager does not work correctly Screenon and Screenoff animations do not work (Have been disabled) Data Usage threshhold doesn't work. While using a hardware keyboard, the software keyboard still pops up When enabling CM9 IME switcher, the Android one is enabled, showing two IME selectors. Screen rotations take awhile and transitions don't flow correctly. Volume Rocker Wake doesn't work (Looking for a work around to disable, other than display_settings.xml)
Instructions (README, A LOT!!!!!!):
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked. See unlocking the bootloader. (If you're not sure if you're unlocked or not, just flash the appropriate one for the build you are on. It won't hurt anything and will guarantee you're unlocked.)
- Download Clockwork Recovery (md5: b7f72998918505c8b6d127657ee21d69) *** You must use this recovery....
- Download CM9 (md5: 056f080c782b7e71633ca57593810c4b)
- Download GAPPS (md5: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c)
- Place the cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip on your sdcard of your G-Slate
- You will need the fastboot binary on your machine (Windows or Linux). See about fastboot and recovery.
- ^^ BACKUP YOUR DATA! See about backing up.
- Next, Wipe Data Factory Reset, Wipe Cache and format /system under the Mounts and Storage menu.
- Then 'install zip from sdcard', 'choose zip from sdcard', then install the cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip.
- Then install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
- Go back to the main menu and Reboot Now.
- On reboot, hold Volume+ to enter fastboot mode again and run the following:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img; fastboot reboot
*** If you are getting assert failure errors when flashing, flash recovery first. Thanks derschniffles!
- Reboot to recovery
- Wipe Dalvik-Cache
- Wipe Cache
- Format /system
- Install cm-9-2012XXXX-UNOFFICIAL-v909.zip
- Install gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
You will need the adb binary on your computer (Windows, Mac or Linux):
adb logcat > logcat.txt
If are get a hard lock and have to reset, please pull the /proc/last_kmsg and post it after you are booted again.
adb pull /proc/last_kmsg
Please do not report on ANY known issues!!!
You can contact us here (the forum) or on freenode's webchat in our #g-slate room. If you have any other questions, please see our wiki.
That's it! Enjoy!
dasunsrule32 (I like pizza!)
Edited by dasunsrule32, 10 July 2012 - 02:58 PM.