* * * * -
4 votes

[How-to] [SBF] unbricking & root D2g 629

• Please log in to reply

OP My Wife Has Milk

My Wife Has Milk

• 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:25 AM #1

Thread updated again&again,please reread it again&agian(Orz)

last edit:some one from china just released offical 629 sbf
sbf extracted file signature info

RDL3.smg: signature not found!
RDL1.smg: signature not found!
CG31.smg version is 2
CG33.smg version is 1
CG34.smg version is 1
CG35.smg version is 2
CG39.smg version is 1
CG42.smg: signature not found!
CG47.smg version is 2
CG61.smg version is 1
CG64.smg version is 1
CG65.smg version is 1
CG66.smg: signature not found!

edit 4-18:made some stupid dummy move,system flash twice while unbricking and may have chance to appear "no signal"&"can't mount sdcard" beacuse of wrong "devtree",so I repack a new sbf and rewrite steps

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

snap20120416_160206.png snap20120416_160446.png
Yeah,629 is rooted!
And yes,we got a way to unbrick the downgraded 629 d2g which stuck in BL and showing this below

D0.11
Err:A5, 70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

It works, confirmed on a verizon flashed (pre-flashed firmware from warehouse) .629 phone, which likely means it will work even if VZW gives you a pre-flashed phone or flashes your phone in store. Thank you!

Thanks for the info!

Read carefully all below this before you do anything to your phone
Unbrick or 629 root just follow the steps below
1.Use RSD to flash offical 608 sbf(dont worry about downgrade,it will unbrick after the next step)
2.Use RSD to flash this repacked 629 sbf(it will flash 629 BL=2 signed boot,recovery,cdt)
3.reboot to recovery,wipe data&cache(Not required if you have important data in it,but if you stuck at bootanimation loop then you have to wipe it)
4.use superoneclick to grant root access(or any zergrush script)
5.install otarootkeeper(can be found in play store,it's free),backup su,then unroot
6.reboot to recovery,reapply 629 OTA update.zip,reboot.(thanks silver6054 for the ota zip link)

How to boot recovery&apply zip update:
1.Press X + Power and hold to power up the phone(if your phone is on,power off first),release until you see the recovery
2.Press Vol up&down at the same time to unlock the bootmenu
3.Choose the moto-signed OTA zip file and apply the update
4.reboot

7.open otarootkeeper,restore su

Then it's done.

PS:Tested with 2 OTA 629 device for rooting&2 bricked 629 downgraded phone unbricked
PS2:SBF repacking tool comes from here,many thank to Skrilax_CZ http://modmymobile.c...-22-2011-a.html
PS3:Now confirm reflash offical 608 sbf+repacked 629 sbf can made a full reset like normal offical sbf.

Edited by My Wife Has Milk, 01 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

• 17 Likes

Vypor

Vypor

Droid Rage

• 199 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 AM #2

Interesting... Props dude! I'd like to see others try this. I still have root from before the update so I don't need this but I know others do.Btw... how did you repack the sbf file?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using RootzWiki

Edited by Vypor, 16 April 2012 - 05:42 AM.

• 0 Likes

silver6054

silver6054

Android Beginner

• 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:16 AM #3

1.flash this repacked 608 sbf(only flash cg39.smg,BL=1)

Not clear what "only flash..." means here. Does this mean that is what the SBF file does (so I can just use say RSDLite+ this file, and the contents of the file take care of it) or I need to do something "special"?

Thanks!
  • 1 Likes

davepmer

davepmer

• 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:25 AM #4

Wonder if the repack would give life to a SBF'ed 629 d2g?
  • 0 Likes

cmsullivan

cmsullivan

Android Beginner

• 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:21 AM #5

Do you have to upgrade back to 629? because if not im not going to I would rather have a custom rom on there then stock but I don't want to risk trying to put a custom rom on there if it won't be compatible
  • 0 Likes

barthawk

barthawk

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:30 AM #6

I would really like to hear other's experience on using this technique. I'm not so much interested in root 629 as using a custom ROM
  • 0 Likes

silver6054

silver6054

Android Beginner

• 45 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:52 AM #7

I would really like to hear other's experience on using this technique. I'm not so much interested in root 629 as using a custom ROM

Yes, I think a number of us want to hear other's experience! I really want this to work but I am not willing to risk my currently working (but unrooted) phone trying until some guinea pigs, I mean people, try first. As Davepemer says, it would be good to know if it can restore a bricked phone, as those users have little to lose.
  • 0 Likes

hornet99

hornet99

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:10 AM #8

Hi, I have D2G brick, I tried a new set of SFB (608bl 1.sbf =) and not me. When the flash is just ending so Restarts the phone and then stops bootloader error message:
bootloader
D0.11
Err: A5, 70,70,00,1 F

It just does not work.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thank you ..... I almost enjoyed that the problem is resolved.
Hornet99
PS: My English is not very good, sorry.
  • 0 Likes

hornet99

hornet99

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:17 AM #9

ad2)
Hi, i bricket my D2g by new sbf release by verizon. After that iam still loking for repair. Now i try this solution by User "Average Android" But its not working for me. Telephone restarts at the near end of flashing rom and restarts, after that show me till she same error of bootloader.
thanks Hornet99
  • 0 Likes

cmsullivan

cmsullivan

Android Beginner

• 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 AM #10

ad2)
Hi, i bricket my D2g by new sbf release by verizon. After that iam still loking for repair. Now i try this solution by User "Average Android" But its not working for me. Telephone restarts at the near end of flashing rom and restarts, after that show me till she same error of bootloader.
thanks Hornet99

So your phone was already bricked is that what you are saying?

an I won't be trying this until I see a known developer post on here saying yay or no -_- thats just me though
  • 0 Likes