Rate this Topic

- - - - -

D1 on cricket

• Please log in to reply

OP KaptinKrunK

KaptinKrunK

TESTER

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:03 AM #1

do all roms work for a droid 1 flashed to cricket or does it have to be a cricket rom?
  • 0 Likes
Testing For Fascinate and Droid 1
http://forum.xda-dev...82#post33685982 android x86?

skreelink

skreelink

Why yes, I am kosher.

• 231 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:36 PM #2

do all roms work for a droid 1 flashed to cricket or does it have to be a cricket rom?

All roms work while on cricket, sorry for such a late response.. I don't hang around the D1 forums. ;)

Long as you have the correct programming, NV Items, and using QPST for the MIP password (cricket), everything should work fine. The rom actually has nothing to do with the radio. Unless you are on the 45 plan instead of the android plan, in that case you need either Greenk45 or autostart + u2nl to make 3g work.

Personally, I prefer Page Plus, much better services (since it's a Verizon MVNO) and no flashing required. Verizon's towers are stronger than Cricket's, I used Cricket for awhile and it uses a lot of battery + heats up trying to keep a good connection in GOOD signal areas (3g connection is better than 1x, which is used for talking). -100~-95dBm on cricket vs -75~-68dBm on Page Plus in the exact same location.

On the 'high' end of pricing, 55 on Cricket is Unlimited talk/text and 1GB of data before a MASSIVE throttle to like, 100kbps. To begin with, their data is slow already. 55 on Page Plus is Unlimited talk/text and 2GBs of data at verizon's 3g speeds.

I'm not plugging for Page Plus; I'm just giving you a comparison (though it seems like it though doesn't it? ;) ) and possibly easier time with smaller carriers. Though if you live in a good Cricket area, by all means go for it. If you have any troubles flashing anything, just ask. I've flashed several phones (D1, D2, and DX) to cricket with full working everything (though MMS is really flakey, works about 20% of the time).
  • 0 Likes

If I help you out, feel free to hit the shiny like button.
I also take 'Thank Yous' as well. ;)
btn_donate_LG.gif