1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

13 votes

[KERNEL][ICS][CWM6][RETIRED] subZero v1.6 Build #167 (End_Of_Line)

• Please log in to reply

yosup

yosup

BOOM ... shaga laga

• 1,588 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:53 AM #21

I found some issue with the Color Tuning the gamma control is acting funny on subZero v1.1 Build #70
If you move the red,green and blue gamma to -38 it change the color very differently it only stop at -37
Might wanna check it out.

Pardon me for quoting myself :huh: , but I thought I'd bring these comments over from the Zen thread:

Using the #70-VC, I get a brief green flash when turning screen back on (but the duration is much improved from #61).

For all the slide-em-to-the-right folks, green color Gamma settings "clip" at 39 (Galaxy S Settings) or 78 (ROM Control) - ie. screen goes monochrome-green mode (which is a rather unique look in itself). :D

What are your gamma settings when you get the brief green flash? What if you cut the gamma back some (ie. in half).
MP

#70-VC ... played around with the settings to test for Green Flash.

RGB (Color Settings)

All @ max 1.000 - ie. for the sake of troubleshooting.

RGB (Gamma)

* -40, -38, -40 = Brief green flash.
* -40, -35, -40 = Very brief green flash.
* -40, -34, -40 = Almost negligible red flash (micro-seconds).

* -38, -38, -38 = Brief green flash.
* -35, -35, -35 = Very brief green flash.
* -34, -34, -34 = Barely negligible flash (sometimes none).

So ... -34 seems to be the sweet spot. It smooths out from there.

I did try at "1/2" gamma values (-20), but the colors were too washed out for my preference - ie. I like to blind my eyes with "vibrant" & rich colors and maintain as dark black's as I can get. ( yes, I want my cake, and I wanna devour it, too :lol: )

• 3 Likes

Zen Mafia : ZFFZ ( that's how we roll )

Mostdef69

Mostdef69

Super User

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:16 PM #22

Pardon me for quoting myself :huh: , but I thought I'd bring these comments over from the Zen thread:

Thank Yosup
  • 0 Likes
ICZenwich v1.5.1, KB5, SubZero Kernel 1.0.1 #61

OP mr_psycho

mr_psycho

"Retired" Developer

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:20 PM #23

Is that also why when I try to change the min frequency to 200 MHz it always eventually reverts back to 100 MHz? I've tried changing it with both rom control and nstools but it always eventually reverts to the default setting.

Yes.
  • 1 Likes
Daily Driver: TMO SGS3 - Stock/Odex/TW/ICS 4.0.4 UVALI5 + UVALI8 Modem + CWM6 + My Own Custom Kernel (MOCK) Redux
Fine print: v3.0.8 -- 384/1512 MHz -- Noop/Ondemand -- XZ compressed -- 4096K SD read-ahead

blah, blah, blah. something /dev/random. yada, yada, yada.

drjjones426

drjjones426

Android Lover

• 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:26 PM #24

MP, I was able to break the GPS. I started it up and (using GPS Status) and for whatever reason the icon was in the status bar but I never got any birds nor lock. After I stopped it (exit) and restarted, the icon no longer showed in the status bar. I started a logcat and then started GPS status again (no icon in SB) and let it run for a few seconds, exited then dumped the logcat. Dunno if it's just my phone because most everyone else has no issue. I don't most of the time but I happened to break it this go around.

I get this also, usually after a looonnggg deep sleep.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

xriderx66

xriderx66

Super User

• 466 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:28 PM #25

Hey guys, I've noticed this after build 70 of subZero came out... but the voodoo color options in Voodoo Sound app went away...
I do have the VC version of the kernel, according to the About Phone> anyways...
Any ideas? Right now i'm gonna try to just reinstall the app.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

OP mr_psycho

mr_psycho

"Retired" Developer

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 PM #26

Hey X, did you read the OP in the Kernel thread? lol

The Voodoo Color fix by KalimochoAz to address green flash broke/changed gamma control in the Voodoo Sound app. Color tuning is now controllable with ROM Control (look at the bottom of the Performance section), and the modified Galaxy S Settings (AriesParts.apk) app that I included with the kernel. You can control color multipliers and gamma using those now.

MP
  • 2 Likes
Daily Driver: TMO SGS3 - Stock/Odex/TW/ICS 4.0.4 UVALI5 + UVALI8 Modem + CWM6 + My Own Custom Kernel (MOCK) Redux
Fine print: v3.0.8 -- 384/1512 MHz -- Noop/Ondemand -- XZ compressed -- 4096K SD read-ahead

blah, blah, blah. something /dev/random. yada, yada, yada.

yosup

yosup

BOOM ... shaga laga

• 1,588 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:00 PM #27

Hey guys, I've noticed this after build 70 of subZero came out... but the voodoo color options in Voodoo Sound app went away...
I do have the VC version of the kernel, according to the About Phone> anyways...
Any ideas? Right now i'm gonna try to just reinstall the app.

Yeah, check out the change log in post #2. MP makes a short reference to it in the OP. I've tried both VC and non-VC but can't really tell the difference between the two.

From the Changelog .. ( ie Voodoo Sound app no longer works ):

Change Log:

Build 70 (from Build 61):
- Voodoo Color: Fixes by KalimochoAz. Green flash eliminated in most situations. There are always limits.
- Color Tuning: Updates to both Voodoo Color and CM Color. You can now use ROM Control or my modified Galaxy S Settings app (included) to change color and gamma in both driver types. Note: Voodoo Sound app will not work.

EDIT:
MP to the rescue and beat me to it. Thanks, MP.

Edited by yosup, 14 April 2012 - 08:01 PM.

• 1 Likes

Zen Mafia : ZFFZ ( that's how we roll )

xriderx66

xriderx66

Super User

• 466 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:05 PM #28

oh sorry guys, missed that.

Anyways, tried the guys above saying
"RGB (Gamma)

* -40, -38, -40 = Brief green flash.
* -40, -35, -40 = Very brief green flash.
* -40, -34, -40 = Almost negligible red flash (micro-seconds).

* -38, -38, -38 = Brief green flash.
* -35, -35, -35 = Very brief green flash.
* -34, -34, -34 = Barely negligible flash (sometimes none).

-34 all just makes my screen all green lol

Edited by xriderx66, 14 April 2012 - 08:07 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image

wharfwreath

wharfwreath

• 31 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:42 PM #29

MP

Do you think flashing the yagf2 and experia gps files would help with the gps issue? I know it has worked on past builds. I can post the files if needed.

Edit: I am going to install the kernel now, if I have issues with the gps I will try the fix and report the results.

Edited by wharfwreath, 15 April 2012 - 08:52 PM.

• 0 Likes

Assault: T.959 Vibrant

Engineer: Bionix

Support: Bali

Recon: KB5

db3

db3

Android Beginner

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:03 AM #30

MP

Do you think flashing the yagf2 and experia gps files would help with the gps issue? I know it has worked on past builds. I can post the files if needed.

Edit: I am going to install the kernel now, if I have issues with the gps I will try the fix and report the results.

this is the first kernel where gps works after deep sleep for me. its really just a novelty since i don't use it much, but it's really nice to have it working again.

also, i said earlier that the lockscreen issue was cleared up for me, but it hasn't although its a ton better. i use a very dark background so i didn't notice the "green". but the lockscreen lockup is very short and just a minor annoyance (for me).

all said, this a great kernel. thanks MP!!
  • 1 Likes