Rate this Topic

5 votes

[RECOVERY]TWRP 2.2.2.0 now with USB OTG [2012-08-24]

• Please log in to reply

mfdemicco

mfdemicco

• 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:34 AM #1081

Factory reset. Wipe System only wipes the /system directory, factory reset wipes everything except /system/media.

Does factory reset wipe the sdcard? That would be disastrous, if so.
  • 0 Likes

jerrycycle

jerrycycle

Android Apprentice

• 199 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:41 AM #1082

Does factory reset wipe the sdcard? That would be disastrous, if so.

No doesn't wipe sdcard when doing factory reset
  • 0 Likes

TMFGO45

TMFGO45

Android Master

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:20 PM #1083

OK, I tried twrp awhile ago, still beta I think, and wasn't impressed compared to CWMR-Touch. I decided to try again with 2.2.2.1, and WOW. CWM was taking 10 minutes, TWRP just took 2 & 1/2 minutes.

I disabled the md5 but left most settings default. I'd like to know what the "recovery" part of the backup would be, as that wasn't checked by default. Should I have checked it too? I know the cache can rebuild, so wasn't worried about that.
TIA.

2.2.2.1 you say?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus! (CNA 3.6.5, Leankernel 4.3 exp5, TWRP 2.2.2)
  • 0 Likes

mfdemicco

mfdemicco

• 75 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:04 AM #1084

Wasn't meant to start anything. Just my personal experience. It took over 12 minutes for a back up, not sure why, but on average I back up in about 6-7 with cwm.

Edit : and I don't even know what the new incremental back up feature is, so it's not that making it faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

The thing about Nandroid is that it is the standard. Ti Backup can restore individual apps out of a Nandroid. There's another app called Nandroid Browser. Also, TWRP takes a long time to boot up. I wish TWRP used Nandroid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 1 Likes

WishRyder

WishRyder

Android Apprentice

• 57 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:14 AM #1085

The thing about Nandroid is that it is the standard. Ti Backup can restore individual apps out of a Nandroid. There's another app called Nandroid Browser. Also, TWRP takes a long time to boot up. I wish TWRP used Nandroid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

About a month ago, I was unlocking/rooting a coworker's phone, and the easiest to find recovery was TWRP, which I reluctantly installed despite my dislike of it since it's inception. I found that it was quite a good recovery now and has come a long way since I used it last. Needless to say, I immediately switched my phone over to it and haven't looked back. The ability to make zip queues alone is worth the switch, as it personally saves me a ton of time. Plus, TWRP remembers the folder you were in, so no senseless renavigating back to the same folder 10 times. There's plenty else to like about it too, but nothing worth starting a rant about.

Yes, I wish TWRP used Nandroid too, but at this point, Nandroid hasn't been a huge selling point for CWM for me. I understand how it can be useful, but simply haven't needed the usefulness of the format yet. Besides...Nandroid is only really a standard because it came first and is well established given the popularity of CWM. If more devs warmed up to TWRP, I'm sure the same benefits could be found from TWRPs backups as well.

I came from http://rootzwiki.com...rkmod-recovery/, which is still an incredible recovery, but it was time for a change. And yes, change is scary.
  • 0 Likes

PhoenixPath

PhoenixPath

Enthusiast, supporter ...complete jackass.

• 140 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 PM #1086

Anyone get a USB otg error when flashing a ROM from internal storage in goomanager? Not using USB otg. Couldn't find the file USB otg/goomanager/aokp-nightlybuild.zip

Same here..on any zip. It's looking for the files on /usb-otg/goomanager when an attempt is made to flash via GooManager. (Flashing from within TWRP seems to work fine)

Anyone know what is going on here??
  • 0 Likes
-=This post was written with unicorn poop.=-

sweenish

sweenish

• 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:27 PM #1087

TiBu can work with TWRP backups, so that point is moot.

and thirding that zip queuing from goomanager has been broken since JB. the update that said to have specifically fixed it did not fix it.
  • 0 Likes

jesssiii

jesssiii

Android Lover

• 1,389 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:36 PM #1088

TiBu can work with TWRP backups, so that point is moot.

I've used titanium to restore an app from nandroid. How would you use it to restore from TWRP?
  • 0 Likes

sweenish

sweenish

• 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:41 PM #1089

I've used titanium to restore an app from nandroid. How would you use it to restore from TWRP?

i imagine in the same way. i've never done it, but remember the changelog saying that they added support for TWRP.
  • 0 Likes

boldfilter

boldfilter

• 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:57 PM #1090

Same here..on any zip. It's looking for the files on /usb-otg/goomanager when an attempt is made to flash via GooManager. (Flashing from within TWRP seems to work fine)

Anyone know what is going on here??

Ditto
  • 0 Likes