Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source:: http://github.com/AOKP-moto
My AOKP port for Droid X

This is built off source so will be updated when the AOKP team releases new builds or there is a major fix.

Build 39 change log

Please read before asking questions: AOKP FAQ by brainfire (Not everything will apply to this device)

Credits:
  • All of the AOKP dev's
  • Bikedude880 - All of my device configs are based off his work with D2G ICS
  • Jonman409 - Has been a huge help with fixing bugs/updating device configs
  • CyanogenDefy team - much of the ICS work on this generation of motorola droid's is based off their work
  • STS Dev Team - Did much of the backwards compatibility in frameworks
  • Ilikenwf - Help maintaining
What does not work:
  • Panorama mode in camera
  • Netflix
  • Google Chrome
  • Adobe Flash (Chrome/Flash and possibly Netflix are related to us not having hardware acceleration since we do not have native ICS drivers)
  • MMS? - Use Go SMS
Install Instructions:
  1. Be on a Gingerbread kernel
  2. Download rom zip from below and the latest official Gapps from goo.im/gapps
  3. Boot into Clockwork Recovery
  4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (format system as well if on a rom with bootmenu)
  5. Flash the rom zip then flash Gapps in the same recovery session
  6. Reboot and enjoy AOKP
Install update instructions (unless otherwise noted)
  1. Boot into Clockwork Recovery
  2. Wipe Cache (no need to wipe dalvik cache separately, it is in /cache)
  3. Flash Rom zip then Gapps zip
  4. Reboot
Download:
http://synibox.info/...ow-beta-b39.zip
md5sum: aebcaf9566e32fd51ed98db7961f2ed3

Changelog
6/15 - Build 39
6/5 - Build 38
  • Camcorder does NOT work, use a 3rd party app for it. Panorama sometimes works
  • Way too much other changes so not sure what is actually working and what is not. Should have the same bugs as CM9 though.
5/9 - Build 35
4/28 - Milestone 5
  • removed 3G speed hack, added script to activate it (open terminal emulator and type "speed")
4/24 - Build 34
  • Mostly working camcorder
4/21 - Build 33
  • should have working BT now. I cannot test.
  • added Data toggle per request
4/17 - Build 32 (and init.d fix)

beta2-b31:
More of a build 31.5 because there are updates from AOKP in it too.
Fixed home button fail.

Source: github.com/AOKP-moto

See less See more
#4 ·
x13, you astound me with your speed, especially on a device which has been giving more and more difficulties to its devs lately. Thank you so much for the update.

Might I ask, this doesn't have the recently demo'd customizable nav buttons in it, does it? (I don't think I saw that anywhere in the changelog, so if you don't reply, that's my default assumption).

Thank you again. All the best,

-HG

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
After reading the FAQ i'm guessing that i need to flash GAPPS 3-17 for this one? or is there a better one to flash? Also, anyone try this in Boot Manager yet? Dont see anything that would cause problems, but you never know.

thanks again, x13thangelx, with all your hard work, i'm really going to hate leaving this phone when i get my upgrade. Love all the ROMs available to this, but REALLY want to go to a phone that is totaly unlocked and can try everything!

damn, and just when i thought i had enough ROMs loaded on my X! now i gotta try this one too!

#30 ·
So i was playing around in the launcher setting as well as the navbar settings......does anyone know how we can get the app drawer to come through as a custom app on the navbar so that we could hide the dock? I tried almost everything with apex launcher and couldn't find a way, maybe with nova? I've been waiting a long time for all my apps to be downloaded again it's ridiculous!

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! ! I've been running for a few hours in a slot and oh my god this is amazing!

! Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Browser acting a little funny though when using voice feature to type, it will show up it you race races wha it you races what you just spoke. AOKP baby!

Edit...wow see :) voice is acting funny..lol

It erases what you spoke when you hit done after speaking text.

#36 ·
Just installed this one to a slot via BM with gapps and I'm hung up on the Setup Screen. When I touch the Android, it says "Setup Force Close..." and I can't go any further. ??

#39 ·
Two quick questions on bugs, items I didn't see listed in the OP. I'm coming from Gummy 0.9.5, and these are bugs I've experienced on that ROM.

1) Camera Flash. I'm well aware of the history of the camera and ICS, and all the problems it has had. I also know of the workaround, to turn the torch on before taking a picture. But I've also heard a rumor of the MIUI folks having found a fix for this, and was wondering if that's been worked into this ROM?

2) Mute Button. THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FOR ME. As a professional who uses my phone for important business conference calls, I need my mute button to work. The mute button in-call not working in Gummy was a dealbreaker for me, and if it is working in this ROM that alone will be enough to make me swtich.

13th Angel, you rock. Thanks so much for paying attention to our old DXs, especially since I'm hewing and hawing while hoping the "Droid Fighter" comes out soon.

#40 ·
Someone on DXF mentioned that the Power Wake Only zip listed on Wizard's MIUI OP gets the Hard Home button to work on this... so I tried it... and it does.
I'm not a Dev, so I have no idea what this means, nor whether in doing this I'm breaking something else... but hey, my hard home button now works (and I don't like the soft keys so this is pretty awesome for me).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.