Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:50 PM #21

I'm just going to put this right here.

• 2 Likes

Layka

Layka

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:38 AM #22

Thanks Rev. good explanation and tutorial, also thanks to all the devs working on this.
  • 0 Likes

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:27 PM #23

I'm just going to put this right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0S275XO3U

Great video, but FYI we do have official CM nightly builds. Everything in the /cm folder is sync'd from official CM :)
  • 0 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

superstargoddess

superstargoddess

Super User

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:40 PM #24

Would be a nice app if downloads didn't fail 90% of the time. Wifi or 3g, doesn't matter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
Galaxy S III [AOKP]
Nexus 7 [AOKP]

DrMacinyasha

DrMacinyasha

Professional Stuff Breaker

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:00 PM #25

Would be a nice app if downloads didn't fail 90% of the time. Wifi or 3g, doesn't matter.

Some details would be useful. App version? What/when are you trying to download? Our servers have been unusually swamped today.
  • 0 Likes

Views expressed do not represent RootzWiki or Goo.im unless explicitly declared as such.
Rules, motherf*cker! Did you read them?

superstargoddess

superstargoddess

Super User

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:47 PM #26

Some details would be useful. App version? What/when are you trying to download? Our servers have been unusually swamped today.

Happens all of the time for AOKP, cm9,and gapps.

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1336438033025.jpg

• 0 Likes
Posted Image
Galaxy S III [AOKP]
Nexus 7 [AOKP]

PonsAsinorem

PonsAsinorem

The Incredible Kangaroo

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:04 PM #27

I see 3G, which does occasionally timeout for me, too, especially if in doing something else on 3G. WiFi rarely fails for me.
  • 0 Likes

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:13 PM #28

The app uses DownloadManager API which is what the android system uses to download large files. This API is not perfect, and on gingerbread this issue seems to pop up quite a bit. As for it messing up on CM9 and other ICS builds, try clearing the application data and see if that fixes it. The file is being deleted by the built in download manager (you simply send the URL to the download manager que) automatically, thus a null md5 throwing the md5 mismatch issue and failed download.

Aside from re-doing the downloading code manually instead of the android DownloadManager, there is not much that can be done as far as I know. It would be a lot easier to investigate a workaround if I had some way of accurately reproducing the issue.

**EDIT**
If you can look in the logcat it will tell you why the download failed. It will give you two numbers that you can give to me to reference with http://developer.and...oadManager.html

Edited by s0up, 07 May 2012 - 08:14 PM.

• 0 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

Kushan

Kushan

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:11 AM #29

I know feature requests are frowned upon and that there's already a brazillion features on the "TODO" list but I'd just like to put out that I'd really love to see a way to automatically place backups into Box/Dropbox/GDrive.

For those of us on a fixed internal storage (*cough cough*Galaxy Nexus*cough*), space is a bit of a premium and a single backup can take a good chunk of space - it'd be nice to have 4 or 5 available without taking up actual space.

As I said, I just want to put that out there - no obligation or whining if it never happens, just a man dreaming.
Aside from that, thanks for your hard work!
  • 0 Likes

superstargoddess

superstargoddess

Super User

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:09 PM #30

I see 3G, which does occasionally timeout for me, too, especially if in doing something else on 3G. WiFi rarely fails for me.

Yep, I happened to leave the house for once, so I was doing it on 3g that time. Pretty rare that I leave the house though. ><
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image
Galaxy S III [AOKP]
Nexus 7 [AOKP]