1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

GooManager 2.0 is now released!

• This topic is locked

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:06 PM #11

bmcclure937: the backup options are reliant on recovery options so without changes to openrecoveryscript renaming the backups prior to creating them is not possible. While renaming backups/etc are on the to-do list.. other things gotta be changed first to make it a possibility.

In regards to kernel updates -- it may happen but that is not on the foreseeable to-do list. I have a lot of cool stuff planned for the app but it is all hinging on the amount of time I have available to work on it. Development on goo is something I do in my spare time when i'm not working which can be very limited.

There isn't really a place to request features as the list is already longer than I can really accomplish in a reasonable time frame but i'm tryin!
  • 0 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

bmcclure937

bmcclure937

Android Aficionado

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:49 AM #12

Hey, thanks man! I appreciate it.
  • 0 Likes

xemino

xemino

• 41 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM #13

now w/ delta update capability, fuck yeah.
if aokp would make their milestone releases flashable w/o wiping, we would have a update experience like on stock android, but w/ all the perks and whistles.

oh gosh, you guys have no idea what this means to me :)
  • 0 Likes
device: mako aka nexus 4 | rom: stock | kernel: franco
device: maguro aka galaxy nexus | rom: stock | kernel: leankernel | radio: xxlf1
device: passion aka nexus one | rom: cm7.2 | kernel: stock | radio 5.12 | recovery: 4ext

Judge

Judge

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:22 AM #14

Just curious what I am doing wrong.

Tenderloin HP

Using goo.im

I have installed the program and it finds and downloads the gapps and nightly no problem. I select order for install wipe of cache/dalvik. Then select Flash. Program goes into Boot Loader. But then I have to manually select all options myself as if program is not installed.

So were in my original Cyanegenmod did I go wrong?

Thanks

Judge

EDIT: Thank you to the OP for the effort involved

Edited by Judge, 29 April 2012 - 09:31 AM.

• 0 Likes

JohnKuczek

JohnKuczek

Supporting Member

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:50 AM #15

Just curious what I am doing wrong.

Tenderloin HP

Using goo.im

I have installed the program and it finds and downloads the gapps and nightly no problem. I select order for install wipe of cache/dalvik. Then select Flash. Program goes into Boot Loader. But then I have to manually select all options myself as if program is not installed.

So were in my original Cyanegenmod did I go wrong?

Thanks

Judge

EDIT: Thank you to the OP for the effort involved

Are you using TWRP or CWM recovery? I think Goo only works with TWRP. If you're using TWRP, what version and how did you install?
  • 1 Likes

Currently using a Galaxy Nexus (Toro) and a Xoom (Wingray)

amplified

amplified

android fan

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:50 AM #16

Meh..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Posted Image

Please do not hit the thanks button even if i do help or amuse you. lulz

Device: Toro ROM: Liquid Smooth Kernel: Franco's r158 Nightly

Judge

Judge

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:42 AM #17

Are you using TWRP or CWM recovery? I think Goo only works with TWRP. If you're using TWRP, what version and how did you install?

Thanks for the fast response John,

And I am infact using CWM Not TWRP. Will have to read up on that one. Imagine it will be a similar initial install.

Judge

EDIT: I imagine I will have to first uninstall CWM to avoid conflict? Or do they both run without conflict?

Edited by Judge, 29 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

• 0 Likes

DrMacinyasha

DrMacinyasha

Professional Stuff Breaker

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:03 PM #18

EDIT: I imagine I will have to first uninstall CWM to avoid conflict? Or do they both run without conflict?

They don't install simultaneously, TWRP overwrites ClockworkMod. Open up GooManager, and go to Menu>Install OpenRecoveryScript. It will guide you through the install process. You can see a video demo here: http://www.youtube.c...S275XO3U#t=415s
  • 1 Likes

Views expressed do not represent RootzWiki or Goo.im unless explicitly declared as such.
Rules, motherf*cker! Did you read them?

Judge

Judge

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:26 PM #19

They don't install simultaneously, TWRP overwrites ClockworkMod. Open up GooManager, and go to Menu>Install OpenRecoveryScript. It will guide you through the install process. You can see a video demo here: http://www.youtube.c...S275XO3U#t=415s

Thanks DrM, and John Yes have it all sorted out now. Great help both. All installed and working.

Judge
  • 1 Likes

Judge

Judge

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:51 PM #20

Yup all good and it found and installed a new gapps dated today. This makes life so much easier. KUDOS

Judge
  • 0 Likes