2. 0
  3. 0/5

GooManager 2.0 is now released!

• This topic is locked

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:42 PM #1

GooManager 2.0 - Start flashing ROMs!
We are happy to announce the newest version of our app, GooManager 2.0! In conjunction with Teamwin, the GooManager app can now install ROMs using a new 100% open source recovery API we call OpenRecoveryScript. At the time of this release, we are already supporting 17 different devices (you can view the full device list here) and the list will be constantly growing.
Dees_Troy from Teamwin has created a scripting engine we now call "OpenRecoveryScript" which is a completely open API for all third parties to run recovery commands such as flashing zips, creating backups, and wiping data. The scripting layer patch works for both TWRP and CWM, and works in unison with the GooManager app, to allow the update and rom install process to be automated from start to finish. <p>
If you don't have the app already, you can get it from:

Edited by s0up, 10 April 2012 - 03:42 PM.

• 7 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

bmcclure937

bmcclure937

Android Aficionado

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:15 PM #2

Awesome! Hopefully this fixes some of the bugs... Can't wait to try it.
  • 0 Likes

Indirect

Indirect

All of your roots, give them to me.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:54 PM #3

Your app is bad and you should feel bad! </troll>

Actually, this release seems faster than the previous builds for some reason. Great job s0up! (even though you can't code.) >.> <.<
  • 0 Likes

rootnik

rootnik

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:35 PM #4

I love the app!

I hope I can offer a suggestion here. There are some devices that are not well supported on the market. To get around this we edit our build.prop to match a more supported model. This of course messes with GooManager's compatibility features.

In a recent update you added these build.prob options:

ro.goo.developerid
ro.goo.rom
ro.goo.version

My suggestion to is let these options override the ro.product values in prop.build so user edit made for market compatibility doesn't mess with GooManager's search for compatible roms OR add additional options that take priority over the default options. For example:

ro.goo.product.model=
ro.goo.product.brand=
ro.goo.product.name=
ro.goo.product.device=

Thanks for the awesome app!
  • 0 Likes

Joesyr

Joesyr

Super User

• 480 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:39 AM #5

Loving this app, just used it with TWRP to flash a rom on my galaxy nexus.

Not sure what the roadmap is, but I'd like to request the following features:
-Option to create a compressed backup when flashing a rom (or maybe just access to all the backup options in TWRP from within the app)
-Support of queuing zips to flash that weren't downloaded by the app. For any further flashing after the rom/gapps(kernels, themes, etc), it'd be nice to get all my ducks lined up and just queue them in the app. Not that it's hard to just follow up with this in TWRP, but it'd be nice to browse custom directories and select from them.

Good work all around!
  • 1 Likes

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:03 PM #6

I love the app!

I hope I can offer a suggestion here. There are some devices that are not well supported on the market. To get around this we edit our build.prop to match a more supported model. This of course messes with GooManager's compatibility features.

In a recent update you added these build.prob options:

ro.goo.developerid
ro.goo.rom
ro.goo.version

My suggestion to is let these options override the ro.product values in prop.build so user edit made for market compatibility doesn't mess with GooManager's search for compatible roms OR add additional options that take priority over the default options. For example:

ro.goo.product.model=
ro.goo.product.brand=
ro.goo.product.name=
ro.goo.product.device=

Thanks for the awesome app!

I will look into adding something along those lines. Possibly making ro.goo.board override when specified instead of expecting ro.product.device!

Edited by s0up, 16 April 2012 - 04:12 PM.
/s/ro.device.product/ro.product.device

• 0 Likes
What I say here is my opinion, not the official stance of goo-inside.me, teamwin, etc ^

OP s0up

s0up

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM #7

Loving this app, just used it with TWRP to flash a rom on my galaxy nexus.

Not sure what the roadmap is, but I'd like to request the following features:
-Option to create a compressed backup when flashing a rom (or maybe just access to all the backup options in TWRP from within the app)
-Support of queuing zips to flash that weren't downloaded by the app. For any further flashing after the rom/gapps(kernels, themes, etc), it'd be nice to get all my ducks lined up and just queue them in the app. Not that it's hard to just follow up with this in TWRP, but it'd be nice to browse custom directories and select from them.

Good work all around!

Backup options are being investigated but it also needs to work with clockworkmod builds with openrecoveryscript support which does not have compressed backups. I will definitely look into restoring backups as a feature though
  • 0 Likes

roalex

roalex

Average Android

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:03 AM #8

Hi !

First things...is nice to have such a app but i think there is a issue with the way Gapps packs are dsiplayed. Being so many is quite hard to find out what you need and there is no Filter either, i think there should be some tags and some filters.
  • 0 Likes

bmcclure937

bmcclure937

Android Aficionado

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:33 AM #9

Hi !

First things...is nice to have such a app but i think there is a issue with the way Gapps packs are dsiplayed. Being so many is quite hard to find out what you need and there is no Filter either, i think there should be some tags and some filters.

Even better... detect the device and show only the appropriate GApps packages.
  • 0 Likes

bmcclure937

bmcclure937

Android Aficionado

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:07 PM #10

App suggestion... please allow for the option to name the backup (so it can have a meaningful name if the need arises to restore an old backup).

Also, would it be possible to include kernels (and kernel updates) for devices. It would be awesome to get notification of new kernel releases through GooManager... and then custom kernels could also be included in the install queue when flashing ROMs (ROM, kernel, GApps).

Thanks for the great work! Is there a better place to request these features?
  • 0 Likes