Android OS Forum banner

[Request Thread] Post requests here~!

34K views 351 replies 224 participants last post by  HalosGhost 
#1 ·
For the sake of keeping things clean, lets have a SINGLE thread for requests (stickied hopefully)

Request #1 - Update NovaLauncher to 1.0.2 - current AOKP builds come with 1.0.1 which updates immediately first run, sometimes reboots phone during update.

Request #2 - option to disable capacitive buttons (touch and lights) when nav bar is present, or leave active (in case user doesnt duplicate some important buttons)

#2 ·
I like this very much. Good idea.

Oh and I have a very stupid request... I would like for, when choosing a custom icon in the nav bar, there to be the pre-existing icons available (no crop, etc. required) so we won't have to open the apks and steal the pngs from them and put them on our phone in order to change a button to something inside the systemUI.apk

If that doesn't make any sense... please tell me lol.

#6 ·
I had a request that I thought we be a great and should be simple feature to add. With the stock messaging app (which I love) when I receive a message, it doesn't turn the screen on. I have been forced to use Go SMS, which is a great app, but I really love the layout of the stock messaging app. If this has been brought up before and been shot down, I apologize. Thank you.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
can i request to have the option to enable usb mass storage directly from notification menu? (similar to how miui does it)
right now, i have to click 'usb connected: enable usb mass storage' from notification menu, and then turn it on in the next window with the usb android figure.
i'd like to be able to have a button right in the notification menu to enable this ,

thanks! :)

tl;dr
have option to enable usb storage directly from notification menu.

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please port PDroid to AOKP. this would make aokp REALLY stand out from the competition.

ICS port for AOSP: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1554960

hope to hear from you :) thanks for your hard work and please keep having fun building the rom - that clearly helps :)
I agree this would be a really cool feature.

Or hopefully some other dev would be willing to take this up?

#13 ·
I am requesting animated icons, more toggle options like fast charge and usb connect, different icon options for the pulldown toggels(I personally like the stock ones already being used), and maybe a way to use a different live wallpaper on the unlock screen. These are not all personally requests, more so a couple I would like, and some other ideas. These are all in the spirit of making this the most customizable ics rom out there. Good Luck!

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am requesting the ability to launch apps by tapping in the weather panel in the notification area.

Currently, when you tap on the weather it refreshes. Would anyone else like it if tapping in the weather panel would launch an app? In particular, I'd like to launch my favorite weather app to get more details about the day's weather or a forecast, but I assume it's easier to just let the user select what app they want since it's been done already for similar situations.

Also, there could be hot spots in the panel (left/middle/right?) to either launch different apps or keep the refresh behavior when tapping in one spot and launch the app when tapping in another.

Sorry, I basically copied/reposted this from another thread. I searched to see if a similar request was already made, saw another request about weather, replied to that thread, and then saw there was already a requests thread. Thanks!

#17 ·
Hi,

first i got to say that i love the aokp roms <3

and i realy would love it much more if you guys could add something like that

i realy loved the gesture lockscreen in cm7 and this would make the rom more awesome like it is :)

keep up your impressing work

cheers

#32 ·
1. Lock Toggle

I have my phone set to sleep after 5 min and lock 5 min after that, but it would be nice if there was a separate way to immediately lock when necessary.

2. Navbar Glow Color Selection

The default is fine, but adding an option to change the color of the glow similar to the soft key colors would be great.

3. Alter/Remove Notification Dimming

The default ICS dimming of the notification icons is a hassle and the only recourse is to flash a theme (which may come with features you don't 100% love) or decompile the systemui.apk (which I may try).

4. Turn Off Screen On When Plugged In/Unplugged

This is probably discussed somewhere, but I couldn't find anything when I searched and XDA is kind of a madhouse. If this is not possible for some reason, I apologize for repeating.

5. Screen Rotation Delay Time

This was present in previous builds, but is now missing. Again, I apologize if it's already been discussed.

6. Link Media Volume To Ringer

Similar to how the notification volume is linked, could the media also be muted when the phone is on silent or vibrate? Sometimes I forget to turn it off and there are a lot of websites that have videos or ads with sound... not that I look at the internet during work hours.

7. Add A Show/Hide Keyboard Option To The Navbar

The DX did this with a long press of the menu button and that is kind of what I was thinking (like long press home for recents).

Thanks for all of the great work you guys do. This is by far the best rom out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#33 ·
You guys remember the power widget in CM7? It went like this: You chose the power widget from among the various available widgets, dragged it to the home screen. After which a new window with options would appear allowing to you choose which toggles to have on the widget and in what order. Most importantly, below the toggles there were a series of options for event triggers. Like, disable wifi when disconnected from USB, disable carrier data when connected to wifi and disenable/enable sync depending on wifi being off/on. There were several of them to choose; it was nice. I have warm feelings towards it :)

It's not the widget itself I care about (though having the ability to add toggles to it is nice) so much as the triggered events options I mentioned. Having that in an AKOP build (even if it's an installable addon from recovery or something) would be awesome.

Who doesn't want some more warm feelings in their AKOP builds?

#34 ·
Did not see this thread (seriosly this should be a sticky).
Request: Native Call Block from within Dialer Settings.
Some roms on HTC Hero and especially SenseUI iirc had this. The issue is, the usual way to do this requires me to add the number to my contacts, then do "send to voicemail" a. I don't wanna send these people to voicemail, then they will leave me a voicemail, and thats even more annoying. and b. Theres a pretty large list of numbers I have, and its kinda useless to add them to my contacts list, Im a little OCD about my contacts.
The idea is, there was an option where i could just paste a list of numbers I wanted to blacklist. (That's what the option was called `blacklist numbers')

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.