1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[Kernel] CRF-Team's "Bawse" kernel is now in beta :)

• Please log in to reply

OP ChiefzReloaded

ChiefzReloaded

Developer

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:25 AM #1

Hey, well, for those who choose not to join us on #g-slate on IRC are a bit behind but I have decided to take this out of Alpha as it seems performance is good, features are working and things are moving along Nicely. This is a team effort between myself and ^Faye^ on IRC (hence the name "CRF-Team") with most testing done by ourselves and Innerspace. So enough with the chat lets get on to business!! ;)

Kernel is OC'd to 1.5 Ghz by default with the conservative governor stock. Added was deadline and CFQ I/O schedulers with CFQ default, NEON (which Tegra doesn't support by default but the work around will be included), CIFS, USB automount support (meaning you can plug in flash drives, card readers, HDDs, USB keyboards, bluetooth adapters etc (which have all been tested) adb support is embedded so you can plug your android device into the slate and use the slate as you would your PC to adb the externally connected device... Probably more and when I remember I will revise this thread.... Its late and I have an early day tomorrow so I gotta crash but have fun and let me know how things go.... CR

Oh, and for any who want it the src is public and on my github which the link is in my sig. (I'm GPL compliant :P )

EDIT: Beta 0.2 is up and the link has been updated... Reason its 0.2 is it was a very small change to the ramdisk I forgot to make. The changes were to set adb to root automagically via ro.secure=0, also enabled debugging. So again, not a huge change but I would suggest updating to 0.2 if you play with adb.... CR

DOWNLOAD

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ChiefzReloaded, 09 August 2011 - 11:56 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image
On June 16th of this year, I was diagnosed with a life threatening condition called "necrotizing fasciitis" and have been in the hospital most of the last 3 months. Sadly this has basically ruined our family financially and continues to dig us deeper. I have medical bills my wife and I can't pay upwards of $50k and growing weekly. If you like my work please consider making a donation towards my medical bills if you can help in any way. Any amount is greatly appreciated. If you cannot, please take a sec to hit the thanks button. Thank you for your continued support of my Android work over the last 3 years. It is greatly appreciated.

Deez1234

Deez1234

Android Apprentice

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:17 AM #2

And the saga continues....too bad I always fall asleep for the fun stuff. Amazing work by both of you!
  • 0 Likes

Faye

Faye

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:14 PM #3

As a side note, those wishing to take advantage of the usb auto mounting will need to add the following to their /etc/vold.fstab

dev_mount usbdisk /mnt/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-ehci

Stay tuned, we're adding new fun stuff every day!
  • 0 Likes

panthar

panthar

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:28 AM #4

This looks like it will be really nice - any chance of doing a build that defaults to stock speed? This is very unstable for me and crashes usually in less than a minute. If it started at stock speed then we could find a safe maximum frequency using SetCPU or similar. I'd be happy even if my Slate only is happy up to 1.1 - the CIFS and CFQ scheduling alone are a great upgrade over the stock kernel :)
  • 0 Likes

Deez1234

Deez1234

Android Apprentice

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:53 PM #5

I think they plan on making some sick kernels when we get 3.1. Right now I believe that the kernel project are on hold.
  • 0 Likes

vincentchan

vincentchan

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:59 PM #6

Does this devices support usb 3g modem like zte AC581
  • 0 Likes

dasunsrule32

dasunsrule32

Super User

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:45 AM #7

Does this devices support usb 3g modem like zte AC581

We have not tested this, if it does, you'd need to make sure you have the latest v10p Honeycomb 3.1 update installed. Let us know. :)
  • 0 Likes