- - - - -

[Rom] Newts OnE XxX beta (Sense 4 ICS 4.0.3) 4/2/2012

• Please log in to reply

OP newtoroot

newtoroot

Android Beginner

• 47 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:35 PM #1

Ok guys after 2 months of hair pulling, chain smoking and fighting with the wife it is finally coming together... i have made a mixed rom from Endeavor, Evita, and vigor.... this is my baby and i would appreciate if you leave negative comments to yourself....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Change log:
BETA 1 - 4/1/12:
  • Rebased on Evita 1.44.502.1 CL44148 release-keys
  • Rooted
  • Zipaligned
  • Busybox support
  • initd support
  • batt calibration
  • sd read ahead
  • odex
  • my custom speed tweaks
  • added all vzw specific code
  • added vzw LTE support
  • Ramscript
  • fixed the following:

- Data!!!!
- calls
- txt
- wifi
- bluetooth
- sound
- sd card
- sd card mount to pc(both drives)
- overlay problem
- lag
- camera/video
- video playback
- fixed Epst
- fixed GPS
- dont have bluetooth so dont know

Known Bugs:
  • bluetooth
  • gallery is off center
  • have to turn animations off on boot
  • time doesnt set automatically
  • you tell me

DEV NOTICE

I have spent 2 months working on fixing data for these sense 4 roms and it was the hardest thing i have ever done in android, so heres the deal im going to release and i will allow other devs to use my work with permission and the proper credits, but i want 2 weeks after the 2 weeks you can pm me and ask to use the rom as a base if you wish... i dont think thats to much to ask and it sounds fair to me... im far from stupid guys just please dont kang me i will share.

Credits:
  • HTC
  • Google
  • Aamikam
  • Fernando sor
  • Eris

Attention!!!
My script is setup to wipe everything so make a backup of anything on internal sd you dont want to lose
I am not responsible for any loss or damage to your phone if you flash this rom

Installation instructions for rom
-download rom
-copy to sd
-reboot to recovery
-wipe data, system, and dalvik
-Flash rom

**Installation of boot.img**
-download boot.img
-copy to pc to your fastboot directory
-cd to the directory
-type these commands
-"fastboot flash boot boot.img"

also there are other ways to flash the bootimg its up to you how you do it

reboot and enjoy

when you get booted you need to go into settings and turn off animations or it will freeze up

To keep things a little more organized please look below to find related materials about this ROM
For any questions u might have about this ROM go HERE
For general discussion about this ROM go HERE
For themes, mods and tweaks for this ROM go HERE
To report bugs you found in the ROM go HERE

Download Links

ROM

Newts_OnE_XxX_beta

Boot
Sense4_boot.img

• 3 Likes

My Work

DROID INCREDIBLE HERE

DROID INCREDIBLE 2 HERE

EVO 4G HERE

TEAM MIK

DONATE

jessesmith888

jessesmith888

Android Apprentice

• 54 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:55 AM #2

Thanks!!!

Rootzound
  • 1 Likes

Adelos

Adelos

Android Enthusiast

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:25 PM #3

Very excited for this ROM. Thanks for bringing this rom to Rootzwiki! Think once you have a "stable" "everything" working ROM you'll stop updating? I sorta need a Sense 4.0 ROM that'll be stable until the next new Sense or Android release and I don't want to be crack flashing.

Edited by Adelos, 07 April 2012 - 05:11 PM.

• 0 Likes
If I posted, it was for a good reason. Superb actually.

The Rules aren't endless corporate agreements that addresses every little detail to prevent from being sued, JUST READ THEM.

cstrife999

cstrife999

I ate my in-laws...

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:06 PM #4

Very excited for this ROM. Thanks for bringing this rom to Rootzwiki! Think once you have a "stable" "everything" working ROM you'll stop updating? I sorta need a Sense 4.0 ROM that'll be stable until the next new Sense or Android release and I don't want to be crack flashing.

Why in the world would you not want updates? Doesn't make much sense. IF the version you use is stable then more is added it is a good thing and you don't have to flash... I'm looking forward to this myself. I couldn't pass up on the $50 rezound. I'll be switching between this and my nexus all the time.
  • 0 Likes
At the end it's all... :erm:

Adelos

Adelos

Android Enthusiast

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:24 PM #5

Why in the world would you not want updates? Doesn't make much sense. IF the version you use is stable then more is added it is a good thing and you don't have to flash... I'm looking forward to this myself. I couldn't pass up on the $50 rezound. I'll be switching between this and my nexus all the time.

It's not in my interest to be constantly flashing the newest and best updates. As long as everything works and has all the features of Sense 4.0 I'll be fine with it.
  • 0 Likes
If I posted, it was for a good reason. Superb actually.

The Rules aren't endless corporate agreements that addresses every little detail to prevent from being sued, JUST READ THEM.

b16

b16

Developer Relations

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:39 PM #6

Can you post to actual content and not a page where we have to search 3 pages to get to a download? Thanks, its part of the rules.
  • 0 Likes

Remember - Remain respectful to others as you would wish to be treated.
Please read the RULES before posting.

Want to sign up to be a developer? Check the requirements.

cstrife999

cstrife999

I ate my in-laws...

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:32 PM #7

It's not in my interest to be constantly flashing the newest and best updates. As long as everything works and has all the features of Sense 4.0 I'll be fine with it.

In all reality though nothing is ever "done" just don't flash the new features. Nobody forces you to.
  • 0 Likes
At the end it's all... :erm:

eyethinkikn0wu

eyethinkikn0wu

Average Android

• 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:52 PM #8

Hey there, I'm getting an infinite reboot loop after I flashed the ROM. is there any PH98IMG/kernel I need to flash along with it other than the boot.img that i flashed in fastboot?
  • 0 Likes

karthikram93

karthikram93

• 92 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:47 PM #9

Hey out of curiosity how is the battery life with this ROM? I'm deciding to get a new phone for my sister and I can't decide between the Droid Razr Maxx and the Rezound so thanks in advance!
  • 0 Likes

caryzub

caryzub

Android Beginner

• 93 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:18 AM #10

everything works perfectly except i cant change ringtones. THe fact that this thing runs so well is truly amazing...good work.
  • 0 Likes