Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM] Stock EI2 Recovery

• Please log in to reply

OP DemoManMLS

DemoManMLS

Its Called A Swanson

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:46 PM #1

Finally for those wanting to restore your Stratosphere to the loaded stock software it comes with here is the recovery you have been waiting for. Credit goes to KnightCrusader for compiling this recovery for all of us. I have tested this myself to make sure it works.

A few obvious but should be mentioned disclaimers:

- This will not I repeat will not reset the flash counter.
- You will lose root by doing this.
- You will not fully restore back to EI2 if you have flash either EH2 or EK1. Namely this effects the radio in use.
- I will not share my turkey wrapped in bacon with you.

Tools needed:
Heimdall
The ZIP File

How to use:

1) Download the zip file. Extract it in the same directory you have Heimdall.
2) Go into your CWM recovery by either selecting "recovery" from the reset/power down menu if your ROM of choice has that or holding the volume down on your Strat before turning it on. You will need to wipe cache, data, and what not before doing this much like you would with a new ROM install.
3) Turn the phone off after doing the data wipe then hold down both the up and down volume on your Strat then turn it back on to access the download mode.
4) When your Stratosphere is in download mode and hooked to your PC/Mac the command to run is:
heimdall flash --kernel zImage --recovery recovery.bin --factoryfs systemfs.rfs

Give it roughly five minutes then your phone will reboot. Congrats you are back on stock software.

Download via Dev-Host
Download via DropBox
MD5: bd2b5aaacc9946db9a8c67b8fa0fa059

Edited by DemoManMLS, 06 April 2012 - 04:54 PM.

• 2 Likes

YourAverageJD

YourAverageJD

Average Android

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:47 AM #2

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
  • 0 Likes

rlivin

rlivin

Android Apprentice

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:42 PM #3

got it working thanks!

Edited by rlivin, 08 May 2012 - 03:29 PM.

• 0 Likes

daventodd

daventodd

Samsung Pirate

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:36 PM #4

Thanks man! I really needed this in case of a dangerous bootloop I ran into while theming my phone.
  • 0 Likes

Current Devices:
--Samsung Galaxy S4 running Hyperdrive RLS16 KitKat
--Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" running CM11

If you need help about anything Stratosphere or just generally Android related, feel free to message me!

bstrong

bstrong

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:14 PM #5

I keep getting an error after it flashes kernel.
  • 0 Likes

smittyfuel

smittyfuel

Average Android

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:55 PM #6

I had to restore my win7 pc to factory settings the other day and now I'm trying to return my booted Stratosphere to factory. I have everything figured out accept when I try to flash using the command prompt I get libusb error: -12. I think I know why, but I don't know how to find the original driver. Anyone understand this and able to help I'd greatly appreciate the help.
  • 0 Likes

const37

const37

• 19 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:04 AM #7

I've had to install the zadig drivers to use heimdall (find them in the subdir of heimdall) and the Samsung drivers to use Odin (download from the manufacturer or from Verizon). Only one at a time works for me, so I would have to install the matching driver every time I want to switch to the other program.

I had to restore my win7 pc to factory settings the other day and now I'm trying to return my booted Stratosphere to factory. I have everything figured out accept when I try to flash using the command prompt I get libusb error: -12. I think I know why, but I don't know how to find the original driver. Anyone understand this and able to help I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Edited by const37, 17 July 2012 - 08:05 AM.

• 0 Likes

Sick0

Sick0

Android Apprentice

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:28 PM #8

Ok, as I have managed to mess my phone up to the point I can't even get it to completely boot I am trying to do this. I assume I run the command from a CMD Prompt window in admin. mode. However when I do I get this

ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12

Yes I went into the driver folder and installed the drivers. Really need help as I am completely lost as to what to do.

FYI When I try and boot the phone it goes to the 4GLTE screen for a few secs and then goes blank, I can press the power and that same screen comes back a few secs more and then I have to pull the batter after it goes black again. :(

Thanks,

Edited by Sick0, 26 July 2012 - 04:29 PM.

• 0 Likes

Sick0!

Currently: Droid Bionic

Rooted

Crystawth

Crystawth

Android Lover

• 195 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:10 PM #9

If you installed the driver, you should not be getting that error, are you certain you installed the correct driver? it would be the one in the dropdown listed as "gadget serial"

boot into CWM, do a factory reset, and clear the dalvik cache.

once you've done that boot into download mode. From the command prompt, enter

heimdall detect

if the device is detected then enter

heimdall flash --kernel zImage

once that completes, the phone will reboot, go back into download mode and enter

heimdall flash --factoryfs systemfs.rfs

• 2 Likes

Device: Samsung Stratosphere II SCH-i415, Device:Samsung Stratosphere SCH-i405

Rom: Stock  Kernel: Stock, Rom: GC1 Tweaked Lite by Dwitherell  Kernel: Stock

Have I helped you? want to buy me stuffs?

Sick0

Sick0

Android Apprentice

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:15 PM #10

Crystawth, Thanks trying it now.

Edited by Sick0, 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM.

• 0 Likes

Sick0!

Currently: Droid Bionic

Rooted