Android OS Forum banner

Build 30 release notes and change log

50K views 167 replies 104 participants last post by  dblj 
#1 ·
We're finally ready to release build 30. There are many changes in this build and we highly recommend wiping from ANY previous build.

We also now have a gerrit (gerrit.aokp.co) server which all changes must go through. Feel free to contribute anything. I'll be writing a tutorial in the next day or two on how to use gerrit.
  • Fixed T9 Dialer
  • Fixed ROM Control issues with saving images (should be fixed for ALL devices)
  • Navigation bar overhaul (ability to set custom actions/icons and long-press actions)
  • Sped up default animation speeds
  • Removed OpenWnn from builds (Japanese IME)
  • Added option to disable camera sounds (Settings -> Sound)
  • toro/maguro: including faux 14m(ainline) kernel by default
  • you can check your device's vendor tree on our github for device-specific changes

You can download the build for your device at the AOKP release page.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Unofficial Bug Report Build 30 *TORO*
-Custom Lockscreen Icons no longer FC upon setting, but do not apply.
-Upon selecting a "Calendar Source" for the lockscreen, Rom Control FC's. Thus, Lockscreen Calendar isn't working.
-Custom Nav Bar Has the occasional FC upon setting custom icons/apps/etc. If you can brute-force through it...it seems to work perfectly once set. Some users reported wonky icons that needed a "Refresh" to get them set (not confirmed by me).

Thanks for the update, team!

Note:
I reverted to 29 due to lockscreen calendar not working.
Any further bug reports cannot be confirmed; and will not be added to this list.
Further bug testing by me will be available upon Build 31's release!

#8 ·
Roman, the release page you linked only has the GSM version and Gapps. I am in the LTE thread, right? Typo? Or is the LTE still forthcoming (after VZ vets it for 6 months)? Just kidding. Thanks for the hard work.

But seriously: typo or the LTE just isn't uploaded yet???

#19 ·
Question. Is there a away to back up Rom settings? Does backing up Rom Control with TiBu do it? Or is that a bad idea being a different version of the rom?

Ive always backed up everything with TiBu and flash all these builds but I have always wondered if there is a way to backup the Rom settings, much like I do the desktop and nova launcher.

#27 ·
running this with IMO's 3.0.0 exp5 and jakes lean tweaks...no issues at all...and all i got left to test is google wallet!!!

perfect build guys!!!

FYI : you can flash travp's black ice gapps if you want to black them out!!! you can also pull his mms.apk and contacts.apk to have them blacked out as well and all works fine!!!

#30 ·
FIRST!

#32 ·
ROM has been running nice and smooth with only two problems thus far. ROM Control force closes on me when trying to choose calendars to display on the lockscreen and when trying to choose an icon from root explorer for the navigation bar. Anyone else experiencing these problems/have any solutions for a fix?

Like I said though, can't complain with how smooth its been running so far!

#38 ·
I'm curious about the change in default kernel. Personally I'm sticking with franco's because the hotplug mod saves me oodles of battery life.

Also, upon first boot, I noticed some color changes on the screen - everything has a 'warm' tint to it now. Not too happy about that.

Otherwise, everything looks good, crackflashing for life :D

#41 ·
Anyone know how to get the App Drawer in the Nav Bar? I watched the Beta vid, and I don't see Nova or Apex in the initial menu to select the options of the launcher (watch the video). If you know how he got that set-up. Let me know, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.