SGH-I717UCLC5 Ice Cream Sandwich

164K views 48 replies 41 participants last post by  zanco 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#11 ·
LOL ur a mod here ffs....

Reactions: designgears
#18 ·
Hi, i dont know if i am doing something wrong, but i cant upgrade my Telus Galaxy Note i717d
i boot in download mode (power - Volume down) then Volume up
my windows find the phone and installed the drivers
when i start the exec for updating the phone it find it as com3 (in yellow)
i click start then i get

<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

<ID:0/003> Initialzation..

<ID:0/003>Get PIT for mapping..

<ID:0/003>Firmwre update start..

<ID:0/003>aboot.mbn

<ID:0/003>NAND Write Start!!

<ID:0/003>

<ID:0/003>
<OSM> All thread completed (succeed 0 / failed 1)

<ID:0/003> Removed

and i get on the top Left a big FAIL! in red

let me know if there something i can try
(btw i have tryed 2 laptop and different usb port,windows 7 and windows xp)

#27 ·
So here is my question/concern. If I update my Non Rooted AT&T Galaxy Note to the (un) Official ICS Leaked ROM (which does not require root), will I still be able to accept the OTA update to get the Premium Suite when it comes out?

Reactions: macqueyl
#28 ·
First of all.. Thank you, Thank You, thank you...
i had this phone for 2 weeks and the very thought of not able to use ICS was killing me. So thank you very much..

Now regarding the ICS, works really well.
The only problem i have noticed so far is with INSTAGRAM.
everytime i open instagram, phone freezes and then reboots.
I dont know its the ICS or instagram, as instagram was available for androids very recently.

Apart from that. it works like a charm. Was able to use the S-Pen without any problems. Both in Sketchfree and SBMX.
Im uploading couple of screenshots. App draw and some scribbles with both apps.
I am super happy with its performance.
Thank you ROOTZWIKI

Attachments

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
I, too, am stoked to be on ICS early.

I am using Instagram from 4/6/2012 and no problems FYI.

My problem is Swype and root seem to be missing. At least Titanium Backup says that it didn't find root access... Any ideas for me on those folks?

Note: I did find for the rooting. Trying to find my long lost Swype now...

And the root fixed the installing of the Swype that would not install on non-rooted i717 ICS leak: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538901

#29 ·
So I updated my phone and have no major issues except one thing involving my calendar. The calendar synced just fine but on events that are all day events it shows up on the day of the event but under the time it says both the day of the event and the day before. What am I doing wrong or is this a bug that isnt fixable? Thanks.

Attachments

#30 ·
OK, installation was easy with the instructions provided in the posts, thank you.

Bug report: I use hosted Exchange email for work and although it seems to sync fine, it is not sending emails from the phone. It acts like it is but they are never received by the recipient.

Also this is the first time I've ever tried to install any ROM other than the carrier's.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.