- - - - -

Galaxy S2 HD LTE SHV-E120K / -SHV-E120S / -SHV-E120L

• Please log in to reply

WhiteKnite

WhiteKnite

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:17 AM #11

Thanks for this awesome tutorial. I am running FD07 on a HD LTE SHV-E120L (on LG U+) rooted using this technique. Could someone please explain the easiest way to update to update to 4.03? Do I have to completely unroot and re-root or is there a shortcut? Can I just flash directly to the newest tegrak firmware? I am experienced with jailbreaking/ hacking devices (pretty much everything I own) but I am new to android.
Thanks.

Well, I did some more research and just ended up installing the stock update through kies. No problems at all, and now I'm on ICS.

Edited by WhiteKnite, 23 June 2012 - 06:19 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP tanclo

tanclo

Android Apprentice

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:33 PM #12

I'm glad you found the directions useful and also that you updated to ICS. I'm sure you have it rooted again too.
  • 0 Likes

Galaxy SII HD-LTE - SHV-E120K ~ MIUI V5 by m Bubble XiaoMi-2 MIUI-V5 (miuiandroid) Nexus 7 Carbon ROM

jiroprinz8

jiroprinz8

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:49 PM #13

Hey guys, first thanks for the guide! Did everything and all worked out.

Although i have one big issue, I hope someone could help out.

I installed the latest 4.0.4 FW and rooted using OPs tutorial, everything's ok as i've mentioned and im now rooted.

However the big problem i have is i cannot send SMS at all. not even 90 characters.

SMSC is correct, i've tried changing the input method from unicode to auto with no luck. 3rd party SMS apps doesn't work as well, I've tried everything, but still no go. not even 1 SMS can send. Im sure that this is not an issue with my SIM card as i can send SMS fine on another phone, and i can make calls as well on the S2 HD, but cannot send SMS.

Hope someone could helpout please.
  • 0 Likes

OP tanclo

tanclo

Android Apprentice

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:57 PM #14

I'm not famili

Hey guys, first thanks for the guide! Did everything and all worked out.

Although i have one big issue, I hope someone could help out.

I installed the latest 4.0.4 FW and rooted using OPs tutorial, everything's ok as i've mentioned and im now rooted.

However the big problem i have is i cannot send SMS at all. not even 90 characters.

SMSC is correct, i've tried changing the input method from unicode to auto with no luck. 3rd party SMS apps doesn't work as well, I've tried everything, but still no go. not even 1 SMS can send. Im sure that this is not an issue with my SIM card as i can send SMS fine on another phone, and i can make calls as well on the S2 HD, but cannot send SMS.

Hope someone could helpout please.

I'm not very familiar with the SMS issues. I do know that issues seem to be very dependent on the network - the limitation is across the board unless a custom rom is used. I have read about no sms - sms by gosms only - admittedly, yours seems to be a first with no sms at all. Where did you buy the phone and to which network are you connecting? I'm in Korea, and I have had no need for custom ROMs on my device. It might solve your problem if you found one of the custom ROMs - follow the suggested forum links which are posted in the OP. Just be sure to install a ROM that is meant for your variant (E120K, E120S, E120L). I'm sorry I can't suggest much more than this. Do let us know if and when you resolve the issue.

Edited by tanclo, 04 November 2012 - 08:00 PM.

• 0 Likes

Galaxy SII HD-LTE - SHV-E120K ~ MIUI V5 by m Bubble XiaoMi-2 MIUI-V5 (miuiandroid) Nexus 7 Carbon ROM

OP tanclo

tanclo

Android Apprentice

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:45 PM #15

According to the developer, important changes to the latest version (cm10-20121117) are Calls, Wi-Fi and 3G stability and the correction of the sensor errors (for screen orientation). I didn't find the older version unstable at all w.r.t. calls, Wi-Fi and 3G. If you opt for the older version (for SIP calling), follow the advice from leesl0416 here
http://blog.naver.com/leesl0416/40172808629?copen=1&focusingCommentNo=7856039
You can ADB pull and push or place the newer files into the older ROM.zip and flashed it again. My screen rotation works well after doing this.

Edited by tanclo, 28 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP tanclo

tanclo

Android Apprentice

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM #16

After upgrading to CM10 the phone will no longer connect as a USB device.

To Mount MTP device on Fedora or other linux distributions it is really easy if you follow the post here http://blog.moertel....under-fedora-17
In summary:
	sudo yum install simple-mtpfs
	mkdir -p ~/mnt/mtp_device
	simple-mtpfs ~/mnt/mtp_device
To unmount
fusermount -u ~/mnt/mtp_device

Edited by tanclo, 22 December 2012 - 12:49 AM.

• 1 Likes

phatina

phatina

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:57 AM #17

Thank you for using my simple-mtpfs!
  • 1 Likes

Magere

Magere

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:34 PM #18

I had my E120K on the CM10 (by leesl0416) but I had to revert to anluoxi's ROM . Now my pone does not heat up as much as before and most of the functionalities are there. The three major things I am missing are: DMB, STK menu and the inability to run USSD commands.

Edited by Magere, 05 January 2013 - 05:47 AM.

• 0 Likes

one2

one2

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:07 AM #19

Hi,
Thanks to the previous posters for the info.
I have a Samsung S2 E120K that has several Chinese or Korean software on it and a number of functions not working on it.

If I change the ROM to the "Stock UF29 with SIII UI -- Android 4.0.4 Build UF29" ROM will it change everything to English? Or is there a custom ROM which will make everything in English?

Thanks
  • 0 Likes

amex2u

amex2u

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:14 PM #20

Dear memebers, This is a little bit out of the topic

I have a SHV-e120K ( or L ) I am still not sure which one , every time i flush it with odin and a rom it changes . I have acidentally broken the screen. Is there a screen type and difference between these phones for me to buy a either of them to replace the broken one. I really need your expertise on thise.

Screen replacement , SHV-e120 , spare screen
  • 0 Likes