Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Boot Manager and ICS?

• Please log in to reply

OP SlothlyDX

SlothlyDX

Developer Apprentice

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:27 PM #11

And now I upgraded to the latest bootmanager 3.2.5 and can't get the damn thing to even load. It aborts with "Error Downloading Files"... Grrrrrrrrr

same here. Stupid

You can't learn if you don't fail!
  • 0 Likes

LaZeR

LaZeR

Android Apprentice

• 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:51 AM #12

same here. Stupid

You can't learn if you don't fail!

Latest update seems to have fixed problem. My only issue is trying to figure out which gapps to flash per given (insert rom here). For example I can get up and running in YACK to a slot but if I flash the 08_28 gapps in it's OP, it never boots and sticks at the motorola screen.
  • 0 Likes

Phone Rom: MIUI.us Defx/Wizard - Slot1: Empty at the moment... - Slot2: Gummy 1.2.0 - Slot3: Yack v1.2.0/BMc08GT

Slot4: CM9-DX/x13thangelx - Slot5: aokp_shadow b31/x13thanglelx - Slot6: Vortex_Reloaded 1.0/SlothyDX - Slot7: b00stedICS | shadow | build 2

treubber

treubber

Android Acolyte

• 103 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:00 AM #13

Latest update seems to have fixed problem. My only issue is trying to figure out which gapps to flash per given (insert rom here). For example I can get up and running in YACK to a slot but if I flash the 08_28 gapps in it's OP, it never boots and sticks at the motorola screen.

I've used these gapps to get ics working in my slot rom

http://db.tt/Tb3is2zi
  • 0 Likes

LaZeR

LaZeR

Android Apprentice

• 170 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:57 AM #14

Actually I just found the trick and all roms so far are installing and working in slots now. During initial Rom zip install, choose "add zip" and then select gapps so everything installs in same session. :kiss:
  • 0 Likes

Phone Rom: MIUI.us Defx/Wizard - Slot1: Empty at the moment... - Slot2: Gummy 1.2.0 - Slot3: Yack v1.2.0/BMc08GT

Slot4: CM9-DX/x13thangelx - Slot5: aokp_shadow b31/x13thanglelx - Slot6: Vortex_Reloaded 1.0/SlothyDX - Slot7: b00stedICS | shadow | build 2

treubber

treubber

Android Acolyte

• 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:09 AM #15

Actually I just found the trick and all roms so far are installing and working in slots now. During initial Rom zip install, choose "add zip" and then select gapps so everything installs in same session.

I tried that but it isn't an option in the lite version. Can't get the latest gummy to load. Oh well.
  • 0 Likes

wdcspurs

wdcspurs

Android Beginner

• 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:03 PM #16

I am running CM9 as my phone ROM and MIUI V4 (4-13-12). No issues going between the 2 except I lose my wifi when switching back to my phone ROM. I know I saw a post at some point on a fix for this, but cant find it now. Any help appreciated. Basically, I have to restore a nandroid to get the wifi working again on my phone ROM when switching back to it!
  • 0 Likes

silver04v

silver04v

Root...? YUP

• 165 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:47 PM #17

Actually I just found the trick and all roms so far are installing and working in slots now. During initial Rom zip install, choose "add zip" and then select gapps so everything installs in same session. :kiss:

I tired this and still get hung at red m
What gapps are you using? I cant get any of the newer ics's to boot for the life of me. I have aokp and gummy 9.0 working fine though. Also a earlier cm9 without issues.
  • 0 Likes

vdub2pt0

vdub2pt0

• 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:53 AM #18

I tired this and still get hung at red m
What gapps are you using? I cant get any of the newer ics's to boot for the life of me. I have aokp and gummy 9.0 working fine though. Also a earlier cm9 without issues.

When you got stuck at the red M logo, were you able to get back to the phone rom or did you have to sbf? this keeps happening to me too. same problem, every time i try to boot the new gummy in a slot, i get stuck at the red M logo.
  • 0 Likes

masterchung7

masterchung7

Noob Developer

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:00 AM #19

Bootmanager has a failsafe method by using cwmr on boot. So you can restore a nandroid if you brick (unless you brick really badly, but I've never ran into that).

Swyped from my DROIDX using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

vdub2pt0

vdub2pt0

• 10 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 AM #20

Bootmanager has a failsafe method by using cwmr on boot. So you can restore a nandroid if you brick (unless you brick really badly, but I've never ran into that).

Swyped from my DROIDX using RootzWiki

Every time i try to load a new gummy rom in a slot, i get stuck at the logo and have to sbf. it will sit at the logo forever, even after i pull the battery. hmmm
  • 0 Likes