Rate this Topic

4 votes

SfK Almost Sense 4.0 (5-2-12)

• Please log in to reply

atamagaokashii

atamagaokashii

Android Apprentice

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:01 PM #471

Does anyone have a wake on volume up mod that'll working or an upload of bamf settings? I'm just being lazy :-) love this rom! Make more nick!

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

mad96

mad96

Android Apprentice

• 205 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:24 AM #472

Thanks for the quick reply.

The bug I'm speaking of is something that has occurred on almost every SENSE 3.0 and 3.5 ROM for the thunderbolt. The phone will ring but you can't answer it because the interface that lets you do it goes missing. So what happens is the phone continues ringing and will go to voicemail. The unnerving part of it is, it would happen randomly. The only solution has been to use the sense 2.1 call screen, which is what I was trying to clarify.

You can download the "shake to answer" app from the play store so if you encounter the call bug you can at least answer the phone.

M.A.D.
  • 0 Likes
BOLTED DOWN......

mrtonk

mrtonk

Android Beginner

• 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:38 AM #473

This has been my favorite Sense ROM out of all of the ones out there. Lately, though, I've had a problem I can't live with and I wanted to ask for help.

I have a corporate Exchange account and I use Mail because I prefer it to Touchdown. Lately (but not two weeks ago), when I attempt to move an email into a folder, the app force closes. I have cleared Mail's cache, installed AlmostSense 4.0 on top of the current installation in order to repair any issues that may have crept up, and this morning I superwiped, installed it again, then restored data from the backup so that I wouldn't have to start over. I know that the next step is to either restore from a previous backup or to do an entirely fresh install, but I just don't want to take the extra time that a fresh install would entail.

So...before I restore from backup (which may be fruitless because I'm not sure when the problem started), have any of you had this issue on ANY rom and fixed it? I ask because I had this problem for a while on Thunderstick Full Blown 3.0 MR4, went to another rom for a while, then did a fresh Thunderstick install and the problem was gone. Therefore, it seems I can conclude this is not a bug in my current rom, but just something that has....broken. Any ideas? Anyone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

mrtonk

mrtonk

Android Beginner

• 181 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM #474

I figured it out. I deleted the account, added it back, and now it is fine.

• 0 Likes

polish23

polish23

Android Beginner

• 110 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:21 PM #475

Why does camera nit save pictures and state no sd card is connected but will play my music? Anyone have this happen?

• 0 Likes

Hellboy

Hellboy

Android Guru

• 2,027 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:59 AM #476

Unmount and mount SD card

• 0 Likes

polish23

polish23

Android Beginner

• 110 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:59 AM #477

Unmount and mount SD card

I've done that, but it doesn't seem to be a solution, at least not a permanent one... any other ideas?
  • 0 Likes

mrtonk

mrtonk

Android Beginner

• 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:56 AM #478

Try to dirty flash the ROM. I've never had the issue you describe, and flashing over your current setup would probably fix any issues. There is also an app called SDRescan.

• 0 Likes

quickdraw86

quickdraw86

Android Drifter

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:09 PM #479

Why does camera nit save pictures and state no sd card is connected but will play my music? Anyone have this happen?

Here's a link to the free SDrescan app Mr. Tonk mentioned:

https://play.google....m.bero.sdrescan

I've never experienced the issue you're describing, but have heard of it happening on bamf SoaB... I would try another rom if the SDrescan doesn't work for you, that way, you can determine whether you're experiencing an SD card issue or whether it's rom related. Look into how your rom is installed (ex. ext3, ext4) and check your recovery (which one and current version of it?).

*Thunderbolt 4G*

Edited by quickdraw86, 05 August 2012 - 12:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

| carrier: VZW | phone: HTC Thunderbolt |
| rom: NuSense ReBorN 6.0 |
| kernel: NuKernel |
| radios: 2.02.00.1117r, 0.02.02.1211r |

Guinzo

Guinzo

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:01 AM #480

damn i miss this cool ROM.

why this rom not listed on xda forum?

i dont know if it's newly flashed on my bolt, but i can say this ROM faster than SoaB :grin:

• 0 Likes