[ROM] Official CyanogenMod 9 Nightly Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply

Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Super User

• 438 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:54 AM #7211

Ag,
what did you use for your very first install of CM on your TP? (acme 1, 2 or 3)
what recovery and moboot version do you have? (Should be Cwm6 12/15/12 or TWRP 2.3.3.0 or newer and moboot 3.5 or 3.8)
how did you install the latest nightly & Gapps? (what did u use, acme3, cwm6, etc. What did u format).
did you attempt to keep or restore any previous data (from a nand backup or Ti Backup, etc)

Here's my previous post of options that will help explain why I am asking the above questions...http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/21871-[ROM]-Official-CyanogenMod-9-Nightly-Build-Discussion#entry1072954 '> http://rootzwiki.com...p?/topic/21871-[ROM]-Official-CyanogenMod-9-Nightly-Build-Discussion#entry1072954

Ideally (imo) for a first time install, you should be using:
- AcmeInstaller3 (get AcmeUninstaller too in case its needed later)
- Moboot 3.8
- CWM 6 (make sure " update- " added to front of filename)
- Latest CM9 nightly (make sure " update- " added to front of filename)
- Latest Gapps for ICS (make sure "update-" added to front of filename)

Sent from my "Up all night, sleep all day" HP CM9 Touchpad

Edited by Mpgrimm2, 19 January 2013 - 01:20 AM.

• 0 Likes

hotppcchickie

hotppcchickie

Android Lover

• 111 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:24 AM #7212

Does anyone know how to have the volume buttons actually control the volume when the screen is off? For example, when listening to iheartradio and the screen is off if u try to raise the volume with volume button, it instead changes the station, and does not affect the volume....
  • 0 Likes

bm11720

bm11720

• 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:12 AM #7213

Does anyone know how to have the volume buttons actually control the volume when the screen is off? For example, when listening to iheartradio and the screen is off if u try to raise the volume with volume button, it instead changes the station, and does not affect the volume....

I just tried it using Pandora and the volume controls worked fine with the screen off. I do not use iheartradio, so I'm not sure if it's a app specific issue.
  • 0 Likes

Aggietb

Aggietb

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:40 AM #7214

Mpgrimm2,

Here is what I used:

ACMEInstaller3
ACMEUninstaller
cm-9-20130114-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
moboot_0.3.5.zip
NovacomInstaller_x64.msi
update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

I did not add "update-" to some of the files (the cwm file already had this added) as you suggested so that looks to be a red flag. I used ACMEInstaller3 to do the software installation. I have not tried to do any data recovery. I can access and play the movies, music and pictures that I had on previously. The camera does work as well. Should I add "update-" to the files and try the process again? Thanks for the help.

Ag,
what did you use for your very first install of CM on your TP? (acme 1, 2 or 3)
what recovery and moboot version do you have? (Should be Cwm6 12/15/12 or TWRP 2.3.3.0 or newer and moboot 3.5 or 3.8)
how did you install the latest nightly & Gapps? (what did u use, acme3, cwm6, etc. What did u format).
did you attempt to keep or restore any previous data (from a nand backup or Ti Backup, etc)

Here's my previous post of options that will help explain why I am asking the above questions... http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/21871-[ROM]-Official-CyanogenMod-9-Nightly-Build-Discussion#entry1072954

Ideally (imo) for a first time install, you should be using:
- AcmeInstaller3 (get AcmeUninstaller too in case its needed later)
- Moboot 3.8
- CWM 6 (make sure " update- " added to front of filename)
- Latest CM9 nightly (make sure " update- " added to front of filename)
- Latest Gapps for ICS (make sure "update-" added to front of filename)

Edited by Aggietb, 19 January 2013 - 06:53 AM.

• 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 AM #7215

Mpgrimm2,

Here is what I used:

ACMEInstaller3
ACMEUninstaller
cm-9-20130114-NIGHTLY-tenderloin.zip
gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
moboot_0.3.5.zip
NovacomInstaller_x64.msi
update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip

I did not add "update-" to some of the files (the cwm file already had this added) as you suggested so that looks to be a red flag. I used ACMEInstaller3 to do the software installation. I have not tried to do any data recovery. I can access and play the movies, music and pictures that I had on previously. The camera does work as well. Should I add "update-" to the files and try the process again? Thanks for the help.

Try reflashing your gapps through clockworkmod. But you need to update that first! That is the old version which was found to have issues when flashing roms over time. You want the 20121215 version found at http://goo.im/devs/j...in-20121215.zip Also get the new moboot. It fixes issues with the serial number. http://goo.im/devs/j...-tenderloin.zip

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using RootzWiki
  • 1 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

Aggietb

Aggietb

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:19 AM #7216

Try reflashing your gapps through clockworkmod. But you need to update that first! That is the old version which was found to have issues when flashing roms over time. You want the 20121215 version found at http://goo.im/devs/j...in-20121215.zip Also get the new moboot. It fixes issues with the serial number. http://goo.im/devs/j...-tenderloin.zip

Thanks. I followed Rev Kyle's tutorial and reflashed as suggested. It seems to have everything including the app market place which I have set up. I have the most recent tenderloin rev 20130114 and had some questions. Does this one have the USB wake updater and battery fix? Also, do I need to be worried battery drainage while I have it completely turned off? I have an almost full charge and the battery meter is full but says I have 3m 45s on battery. Is there something I am missing?
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:19 AM #7217

Thanks. I followed Rev Kyle's tutorial and reflashed as suggested. It seems to have everything including the app market place which I have set up. I have the most recent tenderloin rev 20130114 and had some questions. Does this one have the USB wake updater and battery fix? Also, do I need to be worried battery drainage while I have it completely turned off? I have an almost full charge and the battery meter is full but says I have 3m 45s on battery. Is there something I am missing?

Whicjvideo are u following / alot of his TP videos are out of date now. What usb wake updater are you talking about? You don't have to worry too much about drain when its off. All electronics use a lil battery when off, but it will take a few months to discharge without use. What app are you using for battery info?

• 0 Likes

Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

Aggietb

Aggietb

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:16 AM #7218

Whicjvideo are u following / alot of his TP videos are out of date now. What usb wake updater are you talking about? You don't have to worry too much about drain when its off. All electronics use a lil battery when off, but it will take a few months to discharge without use. What app are you using for battery info?

I followed this one this morning to flash https://www.youtube....?v=7Kgn_mFtJc4. The rev he refers to are out of date but I got the newest one on. The wake lock updater is this one cm9-tenderloin-usb_wakelock_fix-201208061300.zip. I know the Touchpads originally had problems getting out of sleep mode so I thought this was for that. I am looking at the battery option in settings so not a special app. I am just concerned with some people having issues with the batteries getting run down and dying. I think I read somewhere that the newest nightly CM9 shuts down when it gets to 3% so it won't brick. So far, I am liking ICS.
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 PM #7219

I followed this one this morning to flash https://www.youtube....?v=7Kgn_mFtJc4. The rev he refers to are out of date but I got the newest one on. The wake lock updater is this one cm9-tenderloin-usb_wakelock_fix-201208061300.zip. I know the Touchpads originally had problems getting out of sleep mode so I thought this was for that. I am looking at the battery option in settings so not a special app. I am just concerned with some people having issues with the batteries getting run down and dying. I think I read somewhere that the newest nightly CM9 shuts down when it gets to 3% so it won't brick. So far, I am liking ICS.

oh that was merged in a while ago. The issue with batteries running to low was in cm10, but its been patched to shutdown at 3% and being worked on for a better fix. I don't know if it was put in cm9 but that doesn't drain as low when it shuts down automatically.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Super User

• 438 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:23 AM #7220

Gradular, thanks for helping out whilst I slept.
Agee,
Can't tell right now if the previous post link worked or not but I will quote/modify it so you are prepared should u need it for future installs using CWM6 of updated nightly's or CM10

Note: Cwm6 12-15-2012 and Moboot 3.8 zips can be installed from your current recovery as well as being installed via Acme3.

Edit 1:
If you have already installed via Acme3 (provides 400mb system partition size needed for future installs of CM10), and have Moboot 3.8 (optional but recommended) and CWM6 (not optional, need this version or latest TWRP 2.3.3.0), then...

- Make a backup of your current CM9 install.
- Format/wipe ... system, data & cache (via Cwm6)
(ensures there isn't any file system corruption left over from prior recovery versions)

Option 1 (clean install)
- flash CM9 and ICS Gapps zips via CWM6
(or CM10 & JB Gapps)
- Reboot, re-run CM setup

Option 2 (Dirty install)
- "Backup and Restore" -> "Advanced Restore" -> select your CM9 backup -> "Restore data"
(advanced restore of cm9 data only)
- flash CM9 and Gapps zips via CWM6
(or CM10 & JB Gapps)
- Reboot, (should have all your apps and settings)

Here's my additional explanation on Clean/Dirty install and Moboot 3.8/Twrp over in the Cm10 Install thread post 1672.

Edited by Mpgrimm2, 20 January 2013 - 11:18 PM.

• 0 Likes